Five leading candidates for Rookie of the Year

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Who'll win ROY?

Ball
11%
Fultz
No votes
Smith
22%
Simmons
33%
Jackson
No votes
Fox
No votes
Tatum
33%
Ntilikina
No votes
other
No votes

Total votes: 9
taowave
Likes given: 817

While I said it's Simmons and everyone else,Kyle Kuzma looks pretty dam good.. Top 5 talent picked at 27..
spree#8
Likes given: 540

taowave wrote:While I said it's Simmons and everyone else,Kyle Kuzma looks pretty dam good.. Top 5 talent picked at 27..
Doubtful that he will be a top five player of this draft when all is said and done. Top five among being NBA ready rookies is a fitting description though. A big positive surprise.
#knickstape
taowave

Spree,hes surprisingly good..Im impressed with Tatum as well. Didnt think he would be so good so fast.Guy is super efficient.

Of course Fultz hasnt showed what he has,but Kuzma is a player
dcapodic
Likes given: 0

taowave wrote:Spree,hes surprisingly good..Im impressed with Tatum as well. Didnt think he would be so good so fast.Guy is super efficient.

Of course Fultz hasnt showed what he has,but Kuzma is a player
I don't think you can underestimate a fast start and good rookie season. Sports leagues move fast and you can go from a heralded prospect to a journeyman in an eye blink.

I also really like Kuzma and Tatum is exactly what the Celtics needed and hoped for.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Kuzma 38 'vs rockets. Remeber older players are still good picks nba gms
Fxck Adam Silver
shakespeare

So, at this point, who's the front runner for ROY: Ben Simmons, still?
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I hate that 2nd yr rookie bullshit. You get hurt your first year that's your problem.
taowave

Kuzma is the real deal.....

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell
spree#8 wrote:
Doubtful that he will be a top five player of this draft when all is said and done. Top five among being NBA ready rookies is a fitting description though. A big positive surprise.
spree#8

spree#8 wrote:
taowave wrote:Kuzma is the real deal.....

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell
Way too early. Lots of rookies look good in their first few years and fade out. Those three won't be the top three when all is said and done.
#knickstape
dcapodic

spree#8 wrote: Way too early. Lots of rookies look good in their first few years and fade out. Those three won't be the top three when all is said and done.
Am I misunderstanding this?!? You, who preaches patience when judging young players (such as Fank N.), saying it may take years to judge are now ready to say this about these 3 players:

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell

Can I borrow your crystal ball for the upcoming powerball numbers :)
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
spree#8

spree#8 wrote: Way too early. Lots of rookies look good in their first few years and fade out. Those three won't be the top three when all is said and done.
dcapodic wrote: Am I misunderstanding this?!? You, who preaches patience when judging young players (such as Fank N.), saying it may take years to judge are now ready to say this about these 3 players:

Simmons
Kuzma
Mitchell

Can I borrow your crystal ball for the upcoming powerball numbers :)
Not sure. I am saying that we have to be patient to judge the rookies. That's why nobody should assume that Simmons, Kuzma and Mitchell will be the top three when all is said and done. So I am exactly saying what I always said. That's why I say "way too early". And at this stage I would still bet on the higher picks Tatum and Fultz for example to crack the top three.
#knickstape
taowave

OK,MAYBE Mitchel and Kuzma,but Simmons is the real deal...

Cant comment on Fultz as he hasn't shown up yet,bit if you are right,Philly is going to be scary good..

P.S. I just looked at Tatums numbers...Yikes

How good is Danny Ainge?
spree#8

taowave wrote:OK,MAYBE Mitchel and Kuzma,but Simmons is the real deal...

Cant comment on Fultz as he hasn't shown up yet,bit if you are right,Philly is going to be scary good..

P.S. I just looked at Tatums numbers...Yikes

How good is Danny Ainge?
Pretty damn good. Agreed on Simmons.
#knickstape
taowave

Spree,have you seen recent videos of Fultz and his shooting form???

Since his shoulder situation,his shot has gone from pure to awful ugly.Brett Brown said he's never seen anything like it..

Check it out...it's shocking

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyn ... -1.3777593
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Fults is an enigma. I hope we'll get the reason of his shot overnight putrification at some point. Has to be an injury which he concealed somehow
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
spree#8

taowave wrote:Spree,have you seen recent videos of Fultz and his shooting form???

Since his shoulder situation,his shot has gone from pure to awful ugly.Brett Brown said he's never seen anything like it..

Check it out...it's shocking

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyn ... -1.3777593
That jumper is why he got shot down after his horrible start. The shocking part is that it hasn't improved a lick since he started his rehab. His shoulder is surely messing him up. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that he has to undergo a season ending surgery to get him back on track.
#knickstape
taowave

His body language is awful...I am starting to think its in his head...I dont remember that strange shooting hitch...
shakespeare

Ben Simmons.

The End.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

I know Don Che will get a kick out of this video.

To see a “big man” like Simmons pass the rock and repeatedly create easy scoring opportunities for his teammates — from the forward position, nonetheless — is just...

Trust the process.
Trust the motherfucking process.

#TeamTank
dcapodic

https://sports.yahoo.com/donovan-mitche ... 25592.html

Is it too late to vote?!?

Great player and a great guy also....nice to see these days, nice to see!