2022 NBA Draft Discussion

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

6'10, athletic, plays with some nasty...good defender, good motor, hits free throws.

Perfect guy to put around Obi. I would get plus defenders all around him because Obi will struggle with a quick guy one day...and a strong physical guy the next.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Marjon Beauchamp, 6'6" wing w/7'1" WS worked out with us, was Dyson's teammate in GL. Could be very interesting package of length, athleticism, slashing. Will he leverage his tools to be a plus defender, improve his handle and polish his 3?

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

cragganmor wrote: June 18th, 2022, 12:01 pm Marjon Beauchamp, 6'6" wing w/7'1" WS worked out with us, was Dyson's teammate in GL. Could be very interesting package of length, athleticism, slashing. Will he leverage his tools to be a plus defender, improve his handle and polish his 3?

Man also had a private dinner with Leon Rose & Knicks brass..................this guy may seem to be a closer candidate as our #11 pick based on these factors right now

We've heard similar shit as well to other previous Knicks lottery picks that worked out with us AND ended up having a private dinner with management right after

(and even if he doesn't end up as our #11 pick, there's also a good chance Leon may attempt to trade for him too as well)
Don Che

Marjon is a 6'7 2 to 4 defender with a good motor.

lacks polish in some things but the effort compete test he passes.

Only downside is....hes going to be 22 early in the nba season and he can't shoot.

you can always find use for guys with his skillset.

Just hope this is a trade down situation
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 819

Don Che wrote: June 19th, 2022, 6:50 pm Marjon is a 6'7 2 to 4 defender with a good motor.

lacks polish in some things but the effort compete test he passes.

Only downside is....hes going to be 22 early in the nba season and he can't shoot.

you can always find use for guys with his skillset.

Just hope this is a trade down situation
I agree... If we are picking a guy like Marjon it shouldn't be at the 11th spot... but between 20-30 he could be a solid pick depending on who is available when we pick...

I am leaning more and more towards either trading down for multiple 1st round picks or moving up in the top 5 if possible... I mean we are getting a solid player at 11... but we could also snatch 2 solid players later in the 1st round...

The dream scanario would be to get Charlotte's picks at 13 and 15 for our 11 and 42 picks... but I think Charlotte would want more... I think the only way that trade happens is on draft night if some player Charlotte has very high on their list is available at 11...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

Rusty La Rue wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:08 am I agree... If we are picking a guy like Marjon it shouldn't be at the 11th spot... but between 20-30 he could be a solid pick depending on who is available when we pick...

I am leaning more and more towards either trading down for multiple 1st round picks or moving up in the top 5 if possible... I mean we are getting a solid player at 11... but we could also snatch 2 solid players later in the 1st round...

The dream scanario would be to get Charlotte's picks at 13 and 15 for our 11 and 42 picks... but I think Charlotte would want more... I think the only way that trade happens is on draft night if some player Charlotte has very high on their list is available at 11...
Brock Aller did trade us into like 10 2nd round picks so I'd just add another 2nd rounder if pick 42 ain't enough. Could argue an early 2nd next yr should feel like a late 1st this yr. I wouldn't mind trading with Charlotte but that's pretty much the only situation I'm interested I'm. It's gotta be 13 and 15.

I'd be looking at Mark Williams and Brahnam at 15 and if he's not there maybe I reach for that Santa Clara guard. Jalen Williams? Haha, we could walk out with two Williams.

I'd feel pretty good about our draft night
These users liked nazrmohamed’s post:
Rusty La Rue (June 20th, 2022, 9:09 am)
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 819

nazrmohamed wrote: June 20th, 2022, 8:01 am Brock Aller did trade us into like 10 2nd round picks so I'd just add another 2nd rounder if pick 42 ain't enough. Could argue an early 2nd next yr should feel like a late 1st this yr. I wouldn't mind trading with Charlotte but that's pretty much the only situation I'm interested I'm. It's gotta be 13 and 15.

I'd be looking at Mark Williams and Brahnam at 15 and if he's not there maybe I reach for that Santa Clara guard. Jalen Williams? Haha, we could walk out with two Williams.

I'd feel pretty good about our draft night
You are right that an extra 2nd round pick might do it and I am fine with that... But I am drafting with Jules being traded and Mitch staying in mind :blink: (I know I am probably wrong) So I am taking Eason to fight with Obi for the starting PF spot and maybe Mark Williams to backup Mitch (if we can move Noel) or else Brahnam or Davis (if he is still on the board) aren't a bad choice...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Don Che

Add Malaki to the list of players I don't want....so him being a Knick in 3 days is highly likely
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

Don Che wrote: June 21st, 2022, 12:04 pm Add Malaki to the list of players I don't want....so him being a Knick in 3 days is highly likely
What's wrong with Branham. He's efficient and can shoot off or on the ball. Defense is suspect but he can create his own jumper at anytime or come off screens and still be effective. I like Davis a bit more but Branham is still a great option.
Don Che

I can see Branham being the type of guy that proves me wrong. This isn't a Knox situation. Lets start with the good, efficient and very aware of a good shot vs a bad one which is a great skill for his age, very smooth and has scored in 3 levels...also seems like a smart, confident kid which is something I take into a account when evaluating prospects.

But idk, I'm just not a fan of guys who don't defend with the tools he has which are not even that great to NBA standards but great to college standards.

He doesnt guard point of attack well and he dies on screens...doesnt rebound nor pass at a high enough rate for my liking.

How I judge prospects out the box is, I ask myself "if they don't score do they help you win games?" and he is a prime example of a guy that if he doesnt score...he's not helping me win games. I also look at toughness on the boards or navigating screens.

A common sign when prospects fail? when the guy everyone compares him to is bigger/faster/longer than the guy your scouting. Malaki everyone says he's Khris Middleton. But just remember....Khris is 6'8...MB is 6'5. Theres a difference...his ceiling isn't as high...for example if he was 6'9 I'm changing everything I'm saying about his ceiling but 6'5? there are monsters at 6'5 in the league right now.

The league of jumbo playmakers is a real thing...things guys were doing at 6'6 5 years ago...guys are doing at 6'8 - 6'10.

Do I think he's helpless? no, I just think he needs to go to a situation where he learns how to compete. He has an advanced mid range game and his 2 dribble pull up is fire. I just don't think he's going to get as many easy looks in that space because he won't raise up on these 6'7 long armed monsters in the league similar to my thoughts with Johnny Davis but you know the difference? Davis defends like a psycho, maybe best defender in this class, he rebounds more than most centers in his conference so that tells me...if he doesnt score he will help me win games. Johnny can simply hit corner 3's his first 2 years and I still know he's a plus guy.

Also...Grimes is better than him and I can use a guy like Dalen Terry/Jalen Williams on the board who have skill sets this team actually needs.

I'd rather take Jaden Hardy than Branham...if I'm taking a score first guard that can't defend...I'm taking the kid that creates and has more in his bag. I'd have to do another post for Hardy. If anyone wants that lmk. Needless to say...today is my Christmas...Happy Draft Day!
These users liked Don Che’s post:
Rusty La Rue (June 23rd, 2022, 4:38 pm)
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Eason is going to be a very valuable player

Should have went in the lottery

At pick 11
Fxck Adam Silver