Bol bol — like drafting kp

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

BRIGGS
Likes given: 0

I really don’t see much of a difference between drafting kp( who we took 4) and bol bol. We already have an abundance of 6-4/6-9 guys and if we draft 4-5 we really should consider drafting him and taking it slow. Philly did the same with Embiid and look at the result. I know full well bol doesn’t have the best frame but I can see him with great trainers putting some quality size on and using him as a 4-5. Even if we sign kd and use Robinson as our 5–having bol as the back up 4-5 for 25-28 minutes when he is healthy might be our best bet if we end up falling to 4-5.

I’m not really loving this draft so if we get unlucky let’s go for the higher end pick
rebound
Likes given: 1156

bol bol has an awful body. guy can only be skinny or skinny fat like his father. injury prone like kp and other giants.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

rebound wrote:bol bol has an awful body. guy can only be skinny or skinny fat like his father. injury prone like kp and other giants.
this. i have zero interest.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Don Che
Likes given: 9

theres 2 threads for this...no need for this one
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

They are both 7'3 and both can shoot but I still think KP is alittle more fluid in his movements which allowed him to play the 4. However that might be the best part about Bol, is that theres no confusion. With KP he was firmly a 4 in maybe the early 2000s, similar to a Pau, Dirk kr Duncan...that mold of tall skilled 4s but you guys know, I argued all the time that that would work regardless of current trends.

With Bol I dont have to work that hard. Hes a C., feels comfortable as a C and what's good is he can actually rebound as well. Do I care? Not really. I got Mitch Robinson and to a lower extent Kornet. Even with free agent possibilities coming our way I just think in todays NBA the C spot should always be a low cost position. Like RB in the NFL, you always need one but maybe you dont spend big bucks or draft high on one leaving cap room elsewhere, like the wings.
taowave
Likes given: 848

Bol is 7'2" and weighed in at 208 pounds at the combine..He weighed 234 8 months ago..What in the world is the guy doing,and who's his agent??
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 165

I read somewhere that we interviewed Tacko Fall. So that would indicate we aren't going the BolBol road
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion