Who If Not Zion?

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

BRIGGS
Likes given: 0

Ja is by far the #2 prospect and I bet on some boards he could be number 1
Ja might be able to do more in the nba than Zion abd he won’t be a health risk
Don Che
Likes given: 9

hes going to be one of the best players in the NBA...right away- Coach K on RJ

hes coached for a long time and all talents....that's bold AF for him to say lol

and he sees what I saw 1. mentally 2. family and upbringing ...he has a great foundation

basketball aside hes the type of kid that changes cultures in franchises
thewatcher
Likes given: 2681

RJ looks like a really nice player, but Ja looks like the most talented PG since Isiah Thomas came out of Indiana. I don't agree he will go first, but he will be the #2 pick. Fingers crossed.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave
Likes given: 844

Agreed..My only fear with Zion is he is a man amongst boys at the collegiate level.Hes a bit of a tweener,and his out of the world athleticism will have to make up for that.

Ja has question marks,but it's his deep ball and body...No question as to his game and how it will translate
BRIGGS wrote:Ja is by far the #2 prospect and I bet on some boards he could be number 1
Ja might be able to do more in the nba than Zion abd he won’t be a health risk
Don Che

thewatcher wrote:RJ looks like a really nice player, but Ja looks like the most talented PG since Isiah Thomas came out of Indiana. I don't agree he will go first, but he will be the #2 pick. Fingers crossed.

thats... a BOLD claim watcher

Jason kidd and Derrick rose were the best PG prospect I've seen...too young to see Zeke in college but I like the claim

we going top 4 let's aim for a hall of Famer screw it!!!
thewatcher

Yes, I still remember how isiah exploded in the NCAA tourny; I was just so impressed with the game against Marquette, and we need a guy that gets dimes big time!!! trade DSJ, move 6'7" Frank to small forward, forget Kyrie. I cam't wait for Murray State's game today at 6pm :popcorn:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
taowave

Are you suggesting Frank is a starting 3 or backup?? If he ever gets a jumper,he can easily backup 1-3.Could arguably start at the 2...

thewatcher wrote:Yes, I still remember how isiah exploded in the NCAA tourny; I was just so impressed with the game against Marquette, and we need a guy that gets dimes big time!!! trade DSJ, move 6'7" Frank to small forward, forget Kyrie. I cam't wait for Murray State's game today at 6pm :popcorn:
thewatcher

If he gets a jumper he can start; if he doesn't, he's a back-up. I agree, he's able to play 3 positions. His offensive liability isn't a team liability as much as Knox's liability on defense is.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
taowave

Florida State is going to be a big test..
thewatcher wrote:Yes, I still remember how isiah exploded in the NCAA tourny; I was just so impressed with the game against Marquette, and we need a guy that gets dimes big time!!! trade DSJ, move 6'7" Frank to small forward, forget Kyrie. I cam't wait for Murray State's game today at 6pm :popcorn:
thewatcher

I hope we pick second. Dude is pure electricity :popcorn:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Championship 16/17

I don't get the Zion love, he is an undersized PF with weight issues that doesn't want to play in a big market. I understand he is box office, a celebrity in the NBA already, but what does that mean for the Knicks? We are the Mecca, we sell out every game already, what is he going to do, increase the Knicks value from 5 billion to 5.5 billion. We don't need a fucking celebrity box office attraction, we need the best basketball player and everything will fall into place. I've consistently said to go with Cam Reddish or Ja Morant, but the Knicks can't do that with the 1st overall pick, so you trade it. IMO, it's also hard to draft a PG when we have 4 on the team already,.so you got to trade them too. If our scouts say he is the best basket ball then fine, but I think he is the best celebrity. It's going to be too much pressure for that kid, everyone will go after him in the garden. The knicks need to do a complete background check on Zion. I've heard Zion being compared to Anthony Mason, Larry Johnson, Blake Griffin, Charles Barkley, and Shawn Kemp, who where not great great players besides maybe Charles Barkley, but he was horrible on defense. I think Zion is Anthony Bennett/Jason Maxiell/Julius Randle.
shakespeare

New York has the top pick in the draft?
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

shakespeare wrote:New York has the top pick in the draft?
Today, yes
taowave

Watcher,how did Ja look?
thewatcher wrote:I hope we pick second. Dude is pure electricity :popcorn:
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

My $.02... Superb vision, killer handle + crossover, ran a pro-level high pnr that shredded Marquette, plus nba range 3.

FSU was too much team to overcome but he dropped 5-5 from deep on the way to 28 against a tough defense.

He's gonna benefit from NBA spacing and rules, will make everyone better; think Luka Doncic-good.
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 184

Ignoring the contrarian nonsense by fugazi Nostradamus, Culver is moving up to #4 on my board now. I'm okay with him if the Knicks drop in the lottery, but If he's supposed to be a firm second option as nazrmohamed suggests, then the team will have to nail free agency this summer to get the most out of him.
taowave

they share the best odds of getting the top pick....14 %

shakespeare wrote:New York has the top pick in the draft?
shakespeare

Sure hope we get it. Feels good to know we’re about to add a potentially franchise-changing player to the roster. If not the 1st pick then I’m almost certain we’ll walk away with at least the 2nd pick.
#TeamTank
Don Che

this board if we get the 2nd pick ...is gonna explode Haha

the rj vs ja debate would get intense in here
shakespeare

Good read. It’ll be interesting to see who ends up with the better career. I understand everything depends on respective teams [and teammates and coaches], but like Don Che stated, if New York picks 2nd the Morant vs Barrett debate will be had for years and years to come.

If I’m New York, and based on the lack of a potential All-Star wing, I gotta take RJ.
#TeamTank