2018 Draft Discussion

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Celtics are projected to have 2 of the top three draft picks in the '18 Draft?

How?

Do both picks belong to lottery teams? (I know the Nets pick belongs to Boston.)

Sixers are projected to own at least a top 5 pick, but I believe Sixers are playoff bound, so that's a mute point.
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

shakespeare wrote:Celtics are projected to have 2 of the top three draft picks in the '18 Draft?

How?

Do both picks belong to lottery teams? (I know the Nets pick belongs to Boston.)

Sixers are projected to own at least a top 5 pick, but I believe Sixers are playoff bound, so that's a mute point.
Ainge is gonna go down as a genius. Either he upgrades with tbose picks for someone on the AD/Cousins level or they get all those picks and have a draft party.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

hes dont well getting picks

but he hasnt landed any franchise players with these lottery picks over the last couple years.

Its not just having the picks but more of what you do with them.

but what he lacks in draft he's dont well with coaching hires/signing free agents
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

ainge has done a pretty good job of getting long, athletic swings. jaylen and tatum look pretty good, that kid that got from smu was killer in sl. now kyrie needs to show he's an upgrade over thomas and not go iso crazy. i think they will miss crowder and bradley's defensive intensity. smart needs to step up his game on both sides of the ball. they should definitely sign bogut as a reserve, they'll need his toughness in the postseason. with so many new faces, finding the chemistry will be a challenge.
spree#8
Likes given: 534

Just looked at a few mock drafts and it seems we have to finally buy a new version of NBA live. The rookie creator is running out of names: Bruce Bowen, Jaren Jackson and Gary Trent are reentering the league next season. :P
#knickstape
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Where has all of draft express's stuff gone?! I can't find it on espn!
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
spree#8

H20Knick wrote:Where has all of draft express's stuff gone?! I can't find it on espn!
They just work for them now, so they will bring out cool articles and analysis - but mostly for insider. Urgh. :(
#knickstape
H20Knick

spree#8 wrote:
They just work for them now, so they will bring out cool articles and analysis - but mostly for insider. Urgh. :(

damnnnnnn. insider? Say it aint soooooooo :sadno:
In Thibs we trust.

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1117

H20Knick wrote:Where has all of draft express's stuff gone?! I can't find it on espn!
You are really late to the parade, H20............I announced this 2 months ago (no offense spree, but I pointed it out first LOL)

http://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39866
nazrmohamed

Yeah but the question still stands. Now that DX sold to espn wheres the draft coverage?
H20Knick

big_j_NY wrote:
You are really late to the parade, H20............I announced this 2 months ago (no offense spree, but I pointed it out first LOL)

http://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39866
i knew it got moved! I just didn't want to believe that espn would stick it behind their paywall.

I have on idea where we go now. nbadraft.net isnt very good. bleacherreport i guess
In Thibs we trust.

spree#8

The draftexpress guys still seem to put out videos for free: https://www.youtube.com/user/DraftExpress/videos
#knickstape
Don Che
Likes given: 9

http://www.nbadraft.net/

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2018-nba-mock-draft.html

now that draftexpress went to the dark side..these are the 2 i visit to read up......anyone has other ones please post sites here.
nazrmohamed

Yeah, I knew about nbadraft.net. Believe it or not DX wasn't the best predictor of draft order. Ive always gone to nbadraft.net for thier mock, it's just that they suck at analysis. Player pages were way better on DX.

But it's that other site I like. I like the player pages
big_j_NY

So if the Knicks can't tank hard enough for Doncic, MPJ or either of the 3 stud big men in this year's draft......our consolation prizes are Colin Sexton and Miles Bridges if we miss the playoffs?

You know......I'm kinda ok with that
nazrmohamed

Damn, we're playing ourselves out of even those guys bigj. At this rate we'll be drafting taco fall
big_j_NY

nazrmohamed wrote:Damn, we're playing ourselves out of even those guys bigj. At this rate we'll be drafting taco fall
It aint January yet nazr.......it aint January yet
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Yep, way too early to panic. The 2nd rounder we got from OKC is originally from the Bulls, so it will very high; likely to get a 1st round talent that slides down the board on draft night for cheap.
big_j_NY

[youtube]dEFnY9JvA4c[/youtube]

Don, someone has noticed your boi
nazrmohamed

^^^who, Mikal Bridges? Hes trending even better than Miles at this point. Id behappy with either