Official March Madness Thread

Discuss NCAA hoops and player scouting for the NBA Draft from the college and international ranks.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby H20Knick » April 4, 2017, 12:21 am

HEEEEEEEL YEAHHHHHH!!!!
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
User avatar
H20Knick
 
Joined: August 11, 2004, 11:42 pm
Location: nova/dc metro

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby shakespeare » April 4, 2017, 7:51 am

Congrats bro.

After UNC's loss to 'Nova last season, everyone watching the game with me wanted the Tar Heels to win.

Roy Williams passed the late great Dean Smith in National Championships.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » April 4, 2017, 9:09 am

n8 the gr8 wrote:No-one really impressed me in this championship game. :?

I didn't even bother to watch... 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL
 
Joined: July 12, 2010, 4:22 pm

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby shakespeare » April 4, 2017, 11:56 am

Malik Monk and De'Aaron Fox were on the same roster in college and they didn't win it all?

Wow.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby H20Knick » April 4, 2017, 1:52 pm

shakespeare wrote:Malik Monk and De'Aaron Fox were on the same roster in college and they didn't win it all?

Wow.



Anthawn Jamison and Vince Carter were on the same roster in college as JUNIORS and didn't win it all either.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
User avatar
H20Knick
 
Joined: August 11, 2004, 11:42 pm
Location: nova/dc metro

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby cragganmor » April 4, 2017, 3:07 pm

n8 the gr8 wrote:No-one really impressed me in this championship game. :?


ditto. both squads struggled to score consistently​, missed a lot of easy/open looks. in the end, the more poised squad won out.
User avatar
cragganmor
 
Joined: December 7, 2003, 9:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby shakespeare » April 6, 2017, 10:13 am

H20Knick wrote:

Anthawn Jamison and Vince Carter were on the same roster in college as JUNIORS and didn't win it all either.


Man.
I remember this game like yesterday. This, and Duke's tourney win over UNLV, are two of those games where I began to think sports was fixed. I sorta believe the same when UNC defeated my beloved Michigan team in the National Championship game, too. I really, really wish that the Fab Five had remained in college another year, but money.

No way UNC, UNLV, and Michigan were supposed to lose those games.

Anyway, your comment got me to thinking and I found this article about multi-talented UNC teams that never won it all. How can anyone explain the '83 Tar Heel team featuring Michael Jordan, Brad Daughtery, and Kenny Smith that lost in the Sweet Sixteen http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6311 ... ampionship
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Official March Madness Thread

Postby H20Knick » April 6, 2017, 1:34 pm

shakespeare wrote:Man.
I remember this game like yesterday. This, and Duke's tourney win over UNLV, are two of those games where I began to think sports was fixed. I sorta believe the same when UNC defeated my beloved Michigan team in the National Championship game, too. I really, really wish that the Fab Five had remained in college another year, but money.

No way UNC, UNLV, and Michigan were supposed to lose those games.

Anyway, your comment got me to thinking and I found this article about multi-talented UNC teams that never won it all. How can anyone explain the '83 Tar Heel team featuring Michael Jordan, Brad Daughtery, and Kenny Smith that lost in the Sweet Sixteen http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6311 ... ampionship


I feel you shakes. But shammond williams shot us out of that game. I'll never... ever... forget it. He was one of my favorite players on that team, but he went straight John Starks that night. I saw him at a barbershop in durham a couple years ago and he was arguing with mohammad wallace (rasheed's brother) about how he wouldn't send his kids to Carolina because they didn't take care of him (he/him being shammond). I had to bite my tongue so hard
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
User avatar
H20Knick
 
Joined: August 11, 2004, 11:42 pm
Location: nova/dc metro

Previous

Return to College Basketball and NBA Draft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest