Official March Madness Thread

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

With the Knicks season over and the team currently playing for ping pong balls the only thing Knicks related worth watching rest of the season is on. It's March Madness Time!

Top prospects to watch in Tourney:

Lonzo ball- UCLA

Josh Jackson- KANSAS

Malik Monk- KENTUCKY

Deaaron Fox- KENTUCKY

Miles Bridges- MICHIGAN STATE

Jayson Tatum- DUKE

Jonathan Isaac- FLORIDA STATE
Fxck Adam Silver
noypi
Likes given: 24

Isaiah Briscoe just made a move to the basket and made a shot through contact with to defenders in the air on him. I hope we get this kid in the 2nd round.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

Monk and Fox aren't really blowing me away, but they have the whole tournament to do it.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
rebound
Likes given: 1104

don't want monk. he is an undersized SG.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
noypi
Likes given: 24

Monk struggling. I think Don Che said it but when Monk's shots not falling, he's not really helping the team in any other way. 2 rebs, 1 asst. Briscoe got 17pts, 7rebs, 2asts, 2stls, 1blk, 1to.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Report came out that we want frank or monk.....based on how Phil works those are exactly the guys we aren't considering than lol
ISIAH_THOMAS

FOX/MONK now playing on CBS
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

Don Che wrote:Report came out that we want frank or monk.....based on how Phil works those are exactly the guys we aren't considering than lol
both would fit the triangle. His source is most likely himself because of the system we run .
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

Monk benched havign a rough tourney
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

2 great games so far today

miles bridges vs josh jackson up Next :popcorn:
Fxck Adam Silver
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Now watching: Bridges vs Jackson

Both of these guys are hoopers.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Don Che wrote:Report came out that we want frank or monk.....based on how Phil works those are exactly the guys we aren't considering than lol
Considering Frank's Euroball background, I can believe this one at least. Frank isn't only just a hidden stud of a point guard, but he also knows how to adjust him game to a system because of his Euro-based fundamental learnings.

And we know how Phil has been with Euro players lately
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

True. But if New York ends up with the 4th or 5th pick, wouldn't it be "too early" to pick Ntilikina?
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

shakespeare wrote:True. But if New York ends up with the 4th or 5th pick, wouldn't it be "too early" to pick Ntilikina?
True, but Frank hasn't been to the draft combine and workouts yet. His scouting report is low due to his "international scouting unknowns." His stock could rise to that Top 5 via workouts, I have a feeling it could.

That being said, I also agree with you........if any of the other Top 3 PGs are the board at 5, I'll consider them first
ISIAH_THOMAS

Jackson and Bridges both balled out today.

KU just has better guard play
Fxck Adam Silver
n8 the gr8

shakespeare wrote:True. But if New York ends up with the 4th or 5th pick, wouldn't it be "too early" to pick Ntilikina?
big_j_NY wrote:True, but Frank hasn't been to the draft combine and workouts yet. His scouting report is low due to his "international scouting unknowns." His stock could rise to that Top 5 via workouts, I have a feeling it could.

That being said, I also agree with you........if any of the other Top 3 PGs are the board at 5, I'll consider them first
I agree with big j, Frank has been impressive but his stock will depend largely on combine results. His athleticism is his biggest question mark so he could really skyrocket. I hadn't heard of KP in March 2015.
ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Jackson and BRIDGES BOTH SHOWED UP TODAY

KU just has better guard play
I'd love to see KU and Kentucky play in the tournament. KU's backcourt looked incredible in this second half.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde
ISIAH_THOMAS

I would say so. If the Knicks want him maybe trade back and get another asset especially since teams at 4 will be salivating over Tatum

Frank in these highlights I've seen looks slow and will struggle to get past NBA level defenders . Workouts will be huge
Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS on March 19th, 2017, 7:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

I'd ;ove to see KU and Kentucky play in the tournament. KU's backcourt looked incredible in this second half
Yea two best back courts in the tourney. I think Kansas is the better overall team, but it would be great to watch
Fxck Adam Silver
n8 the gr8

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:I would say so. If the Knicks want him maybe trade back and get another asset

Frank in these highlights I've seen looks slow and will struggle to get past NBA level defenders . Workouts will be huge
I don't like the idea of trading back (within the lottery) if there's a guy you like. If Frank is the guy then take him with your pick and don't mess around, if there's someone better on the board then take them.
ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Yea two best back courts in the tourney. I think Kansas is the better overall team, but it would be great to watch
I was speaking more as a Knicks fan than an NCAA fan, I'd love to see it for scouting reasons.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde
ISIAH_THOMAS

If they like Frank I'd still trade back. For example if it is to move back 1 spot and get frank there. Knicks have leverage here. Say if a team wants tatum scare them off and have them give up a lot while moving back a spot. for example a team like Orlando gets pick 5 they need a scorer somebody who can get there own shot so I think they'd rate Tatum very high. Get back pick 5 and somethign else really good future 1st maybe
Fxck Adam Silver