Trading first pick

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I actually doubt the table Im about to set cuz the Knicks stink so bad I expect to be in the bottom 10. But what if we do something stupid like go on some fake hustle run and still miss the playoffs but put us in the mid teens. Would anyone consider trading the pick?

And here's the difference between how we usually do it and what I'm talking about. Typically any trade of a first rounder is one that we feel we could jump into contention conversations, typically for a faded star. So its like us keeping this team together and on draft night thinking all we needed was a SG and then trading our pick for someone like Joe Johnson. Like him now.

Im wondering what rookie contract studs could we trade for on a team thats probably in the lottery already but wants a second pick this year. So as I said in the other thread, for Noel. Or to the Pacers for Turner, Milwaukee for Parker

All guys still young enough to be in KPs tier group, still young enough to learn, but already have thier feet wet so we can expect production right away.

You could come up with your own, IDK but is there any scenario for a rookie contract stud that you'd consider. Obviously nobody is giving up thier top stud but the guys Ive mentioned are still all good and young enough to still be considered lottery talent. Some might only be college juniors now.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

too soon, more likely that we trade down on draft night if there isn't anyone that exciting. of course, clarence gaines might work his magic.
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

Off the top of my head the only realistic options I can think of are Noel, Nikola Vucevic, Marcus Smart, and Brandon Knight. And I don't think any of 'em are worth our first...

Ideally I'd want dudes like Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Jon Drummond, the Greek Freak, Jabari Parker, Nikola Jokic, etc... This list could go on and on.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I'd only trade our first if its for a all star caliber player under the age of 25.....none of those guys are on the trade block
rebound
Likes given: 1104

Garbage thread.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
nazrmohamed

rebound wrote:Garbage thread.
So if Philly offers you Nerlins Noel for pick 15 you'd turn it down for the ability to draft Harry Giles? Ok bruh. Come up with a scenario
rebound
Likes given: 1104

1. Wouldn't consider trading it until the ping pong balls drop so it would be on draft night when the scouts determine their picks aren't available.
2. I'm confident the Knicks will suck enough to be at least the 10th worst team. This draft is deep enough to gamble on the first 10 prospects.
3. Knicks have no need for a frontcourt player like Noel.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
nazrmohamed

Knicks have need for everything until they have a winning record. Noel has a way higher ceiling than any of our players and that might allow us to trade a lower tier player for a pick elsewhere that could get you a player at a position you percieve us to need.

Always think, I do this which allows me to do that. Lastly Im intrigued because we could have a frontcourt that could play together for a decade