Predict the steal of the draft

Discuss NCAA hoops and player scouting for the NBA Draft from the college and international ranks.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Predict the steal of the draft

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 2, 2015, 9:18 pm

Don Che wrote:Ur hate runs deep youngblood

Never been a hater. I'm the hated... 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby thewatcher » June 3, 2015, 6:50 am

Cragg and I exchange ideas freely, no need for credit. Kffsfl has an aggressive sense of humor, I don't think he meant any offense, lighten up guys.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby washingtonparkjones » June 8, 2015, 12:33 pm

my steal of the draft for some team picking at 8 or higher - Frank the Tank
washingtonparkjones

Postby taowave » June 8, 2015, 12:37 pm

Don't know why,but when I think of Frank the tank,I think of the modern day version of Jerry Lucas

washingtonparkjones wrote:my steal of the draft for some team picking at 8 or higher - Frank the Tank
taowave

Postby cragganmor » June 15, 2015, 8:33 pm

anyone see larry nance jr. play? he's about 6'9" with a 7'1.5" wingspan, 37" max vert. has that length, athleticism that we need, also not a bad passer at pf with 2.4 apg. he's probably a project but would love to see if he would accept a dl deal in westchester.
cragganmor

Postby cragganmor » June 24, 2015, 5:20 pm

One guy flying under the radar is mike Frazier of Florida; 6'4" sg with a 6'8" wingspan, 35" max vert that shot over 40% from 3 and showed some good p&r skills at the combine. Might be a good combo guard.
cragganmor

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 24, 2015, 6:37 pm

cragganmor wrote:One guy flying under the radar is mike Frazier of Florida; 6'4" sg with a 6'8" wingspan, 35" max vert that shot over 40% from 3 and show some good p&r skills at the combine. Might be a good combo guard.

He's a pretty good shooter but he might be a lil too one-dimensional for my liking. I expected him to build on his momentum from last season and add a few more wrinkles to his game but it didn't happen... He might've even regressed.

Both he and his teammate Chris Walker were disappointments for Florida this season, IMHO. :?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby cragganmor » June 24, 2015, 8:49 pm

he had a great season last year when the gators still had patric young and scotty welbeken. i think he pretty much tried to carry the team this year, just not his game, but with stronger players around him he could become an interesting player; has the length, hops, shooting ability and showed some extra dimensionality at the combine. might be a very useful d & 3 guy with some ability to get to the cup; an improvement over thj. we need to shoot the 3 more efficiently and defend it much better.
cragganmor

Postby PistolPete » June 25, 2015, 3:11 pm

Delon Wright.
PistolPete

Postby cragganmor » June 25, 2015, 9:44 pm

yay, larry nance jr. just got taken at #27 by the lakers, very happy for him.
cragganmor

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » July 17, 2015, 8:38 pm

I wanted to see how some of these guys had performed during the SL, and so far so good...

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Delon Wright and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson...

As much as I like Grant being a Knick I would've been equally as excited to get Wright, who was taken with the very next pick.

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Terry Rozier III - Opposing teams used a lot of zone defense to force him to beat them on the perimeter (questionable shooting touch). Fortunately for him the NBA doesn't use much zone D, so the game of basketball is about to get a whole lot easier for Mr Rozier. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the breakout guard in this draft class... When matched up against everyone's favourite D'Angelo Russell, Rozier's defensive contributions resulted in Russell shooting 6-20 from the field and 0-6 from behind the arc with 4 turnovers.

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:... Jordan Mickey is Taj Gibson-lite.

Anybody know why Jarrell Martin didn't play?

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Rashad Vaughn - A Freshman with the same size and scoring ability of D'Angelo Russell, enough said. The difference between them being Russell is a better facilitator while Vaughn is a better defender but they'll both be solid shooting/scoring/combo guards at the next level. Vaughn would have been a surefire lottery pick had he not suffered a season ending knee injury, which ultimately will end up costing him millions. Hindsight being twenty-twenty, the CBA wouldn't have been a bad option for him... Hopefully he'll use this as motivation to help him recover and raise his overall game because he'll definitely have the most to prove.

The Bucks are coming...

taowave wrote:No clue,but I am 100 percent positive that the draft pick that goes 1 before the Knicks pick will be a superstar.

Well, Okafor definitely looked great during the SL. And his defensive issues won't look nearly as bad with Nerlens Noel cleaning up his mistakes.

Kaminsky and Turner also played pretty well, but all those guys were lottery picks so they don't count. 8-)
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby nazrmohamed » July 18, 2015, 8:17 am

^^^^^yeah I wouldve like Delon but who knew that wed ever land another first rounder, right. Not to mention I thought Delon was more a 20-24 player. I forgot who took him after us but that was a reach....a reach that may pay off bigtime. He looked very poised in that video. He actually looked the most like an nba pg that Ive seen. Now hold up, Im not saying that the video showed he was gonna be the best player at PG, Im just saying at least from the video he looked like he was running the most fluid offense. And whats impressive is alot of those clips were in the half court.

I think the reason we wouldve picked Grant over Wright would be because of Grants scoring ability and shooting. I think Delon is probably the better pure PG, but Grant has more of the ability to put the ball in the basket.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » July 18, 2015, 1:09 pm

^^^
I hate to keep harping on this because it's starting to sound cliché but it's a PG's league, so the demand for good PG's is what dictated Wright being taken with the 20th pick. It wasn't a reach, and the fact that six out of the first 20 picks were PG's is proof enough...

But I agree with everything else you've said here.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby CommonSense » July 18, 2015, 4:37 pm

The fact that Jerian is Horace's nephew and knew Phil already probably didn't hurt him either...
The future ain't what it used to be~Yogi Berra
CommonSense

Previous

Return to College Basketball and NBA Draft