Emmanuel Mudiay Thread...

Discuss NCAA hoops and player scouting for the NBA Draft from the college and international ranks.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Emmanuel Mudiay Thread...

Postby spree#8 » June 11, 2015, 4:44 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:I almost wish more that ask these good articles don't come out. Im scared he won't be there at 4

Then we take Okafor or Russell. Don't worry. The only guy I'm sure will not be there at 4 is Towns.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 11, 2015, 4:57 pm

H20Knick wrote:you would think that a chinese team that's won 7 out of the last 10 championships would have a harder practice regiment than your average ncaa program where the kids are supposed to occasionally consider going to class. For all the talk about how the chinese players aren't great, that means to be dominant, they've gotta practice harder. Mudiay was on the right team. He should be ready. Please lawd let him fall to 4

nazrmohamed wrote:I almost wish more that ask these good articles don't come out. Im scared he won't be there at 4

Deep down I've always known that he wouldn't be there for us...

Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby spree#8 » June 11, 2015, 5:01 pm

My gut feeling still says that Okafor falls to us with Towns going at 1, Mudiay at 2 and Russell at 3.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 11, 2015, 5:16 pm

^^^
There's no way Okafor drops that low, it's Russell who'll be there for us but hopefully Phil decides to go with WTCS or Winslow instead...
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby spree#8 » June 11, 2015, 5:20 pm

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
There's no way Okafor drops that low, it's Russell who'll be there for us but hopefully Phil decides to go with WTCS or Winslow instead...

Nah, you are dead wrong on Russell. No reason not to be excited if he is there at 4.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby cragganmor » June 11, 2015, 7:03 pm

this time of year, all the execs are throwing smokescreens, trying to decoy each other; i wouldn't put much faith in those rumors. the only way that an elite talent drops is on a terrible workout or interview, or a medical condition is detected.
cragganmor

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » June 12, 2015, 12:49 am

ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 12, 2015, 3:25 am

^^^

Mudiay Talks Knicks Meeting

... Mudiay got a crash course in the triangle offense with Phil Jackson and had a sit-down dinner with Fisher during his visit with the Knicks this week. His conversation with Fisher left a lasting impression.

“He’s a real good person,” Mudiay said. “With him just coming out of the NBA, I feel like he could teach me a lot, whether I go to that team or not. Just him as a person, he just likes to help other people.”

“I feel like I can adjust to any system, to any style of play,” he said, according to the New York Post. “I can play a half-court system, too. … [The triangle] is challenging, but I think the more you get into it, the more you learn it, the more you understand it.”

Mudiay added: “It puts you in spots to be successful."

“They both got the best out of me,” Mudiay said. “You always feel like you could do better, but I think I did pretty good. … They really just want to see how you fit into the system and how you shoot it and stuff like that.”

“He loves helping,” said Mudiay, who grew up a Lakers fan. “Why wouldn’t you want to learn [from him]? He’s got five championships. He’s a winner. He’s a proven winner.”
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Don Che » June 13, 2015, 12:05 pm

Interesting that we didnt give any feedback to the media on his work out.

Better yet anyone other then Winslow..crazy right?
Don Che

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 13, 2015, 1:32 pm

DX's interview and video...
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby spree#8 » June 15, 2015, 6:16 pm

Listened to a podcast with Jonathan Givony (draftexpress) today and contrary to Ford (ESPN) he doesn't think that Mudiay is doing well in workouts right now. If he is is right, he probably won't be taken in the top three.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » June 15, 2015, 6:21 pm

spree#8 wrote:Listened to a podcast with Jonathan Givony (draftexpress) today and contrary to Ford (ESPN) he doesn't think that Mudiay is doing well in workouts right now. If he is is right, he probably won't be taken in the top three.

Real question is would you want to take him if he's been bad in workouts

Funny hearing Kris is dominating workouts .. .. .. shump was great in workouts....dark was great in workouts....are workouts a good indication of a players a ability in the league?
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » June 15, 2015, 6:50 pm

Don Che wrote:
Real question is would you want to take him if he's been bad in workouts

Funny hearing Kris is dominating workouts .. .. .. shump was great in workouts....dark was great in workouts....are workouts a good indication of a players a ability in the league?

I take him if I think he is the BPA. Workouts are just one stepping stone and are more to help you compare guys in the same setting, to get to know guys (lots of NBA people say the most important thing are the interviews) and to test guys in their weak spots and see how they react to that. No one ranks guys just because of workouts. But if you were torn between two guys before the workouts they may shift your decision into one direction. So I take this info from Givony just as an info. Without being part of the workout process my opinion won't change much.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby cragganmor » June 15, 2015, 7:00 pm

jmo, but one on none is not a good indicator; traffic cones don't alter your shot, take away your space in a game. perimeter shots are very different with a hand in your face. elevating at the rim to get over a long defender is very different than a clear path to the cup. if the workout is one on none, then the player has to compensate with running and cutting hard start to finish at normal game speed, no loafing or cruising. historically the draft is littered with ultra athletic players that just weren't able to translate their game to the nba, so if you take someone on pure upside, then you must be convinced that they have the work ethic, the coachability, that competitive streak to succeed; it's not the player that they are today, it's the player they will be in 1-2 seasons.

well, one point of view is that this is all a baller does. if they didn't come prepared the day of a workout are they really that motivated? if a player is consistently bad in workouts, then that is a huge red flag, their draft stock deserves to take a hit; it's a tournament profession.
cragganmor

Postby big_j_NY » June 15, 2015, 7:17 pm

I remember Ty Lawson was shit during his draft workouts, and everyone started saying that b/c of his poor shooting workouts that the Knicks shouldn't draft him with the #8 pick in 2009.

Years later...........WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SAY YALL? I TOLD YALL, I TOLD YALL TY LAWSON IS LEGIT. Fuck sakes Donnie Walsh
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby cragganmor » June 15, 2015, 7:28 pm

it's simple, ty wasn't deserving to be the #8 pick in '09. a 5'11" pg needs to have a strong perimeter game in the nba and he disappointed; the #18 spot was the right landing spot for him. also true for jrue and teague who were picked #17 and 19, the doubts were not erased by their workouts so they slid to a low-risk section on the board. in the long run, it worked out for all 3, they turned out to be good players, certainly better than flynn and rubio, david kahn's 2 picks #5 and 6.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » June 15, 2015, 7:39 pm

I'd look to acquire Jrue they don't need a pg since that's what Evans forms does. Need shooters and better offense.

He'd be great for us...always been a fan.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » June 17, 2015, 5:34 am

Don Che wrote:I'd look to acquire Jrue they don't need a pg since that's what Evans forms does. Need shooters and better offense.

yes, he would be a great fit. does a lot of things, long and athletic. i think he'd become a more disciplined passer in the triangle, cut down on his to's. he has the ability to be a better defender, just hasn't been his focus in recent seasons.
cragganmor

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 17, 2015, 8:52 am

Don Che wrote:I'd look to acquire Jrue they don't need a pg since that's what Evans forms does. Need shooters and better offense.

cragganmor wrote:yes, he would be a great fit. does a lot of things, long and athletic. i think he'd become a more disciplined passer in the triangle, cut down on his to's. he has the ability to be a better defender, just hasn't been his focus in recent seasons.

I like Jrue Holiday but the Pelicans just had one of their best seasons in years with him being a major part of their success, so why would they wanna trade him? Because it ain't like he's a free agent.

The only way we could acquire him is via trade. And even if they were interested in making a deal they'd probably wanna unload Eric Gordon's contract, too. Problem is the only tradeable players we have are Calderon and THJ, and their value couldn't be any lower right now...

On the other hand we could simply draft Mudiay, who I believe has the ability to do what Holiday does plus more... 8-)
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby Don Che » June 17, 2015, 9:23 am

I dont know what to think with Mudiay at this point. Since this is his thread and ur man crush fine...obv if we pick him Jrue doesnt need to be here.

Jrue only played half the year tho no? thought he was hurt. I just figured Evans is the PG really.
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to College Basketball and NBA Draft