2015 draft discussion

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

taowave
Likes given: 817

As long as we don't select Winslow,I am good to go..

With Phil,I would not be suprised to see Bargs back at the right price..
DolanCurse2001
Likes given: 0

taowave wrote:As long as we don't select Winslow,I am good to go..

With Phil,I would not be suprised to see Bargs back at the right price..
What don't you like about Winslow?

I thought he'd be one of your favs. He's a two way player who brought his best in the big games.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

DolanCurse2001 wrote:This is why your opinion is trash and nobody takes you seriously. You're openly rooting for Russell to fail like he slapped your mother or something. Do everyone a favor and go root for whatever team drafts Mudiay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to read you trashing our rookie all summer before he even steps on the court! :thumbsdown:
Damn!!! You don't take me seriously? I gotta make some changes... FOH!!!

I get it. You're an angry and easily frustrated person but why do you unnecessarily put yaself through the torment of reading my comments? Block me. I mean, it seems like the most logical thing to do since you're incapable of ignoring me. It's like you're a glutton for punishment, a masochist? Which quite honestly is disturbing. But then again you did post this...

Still, I gotta admit seeing you bust a vessel every single day over comments you've read on a message board is quite entertaining. I just hope you don't have any kids or pets because you strike me as the kinda guy who hurts animals. And by animals I'm not at all referring to your significant other or ya mother.

No sneak dissin' here... :?
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

cragganmor wrote:and he says that he's not biased... :sadno:

sorry kisfl, your cred is woeful. i do like your game observations, but after that, your subjectiveness takes you into deep orbit on your conclusions and player scorecard.
Russell has been built up into sumthin he's not. And if I'm the only non-believer so be it.

As for the cred...

DolanCurse2001 wrote:And he acts as if he's this great judge of talent when at the same time likes scrubs like Bargnani and Javale McGee! :LOL:
The levels of insecurity.

At the right price both Bargnani and McGee could help us.
taowave
Likes given: 817

We need a difference maker,and I don't think of him that way...

I think Okafor is our guy....

What don't you like about Winslow?

I thought he'd be one of your favs. He's a two way player who brought his best in the big games.[/quote]
KnicksFanInSouthFL

I know most of y'all don't see it this way but the 4th pick means Russell.

We'd be better off with WTCS or trading the pick...
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Mudiay/Russell/Winslow

One of these guys

Would you....trade Melo for 2?
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

F*** ADAM SILVER
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

Don Che wrote:Mudiay/Russell/Winslow

One of these guys

Would you....trade Melo for 2?
why would the Lakers? there not going to appease Kobe anyway by trading there pick away for a 30 yr old Melo. Melo/Kobe and whatever is winning nothing in the West .. they keep there pick and go after free agents
Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS on May 19th, 2015, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Image

I know most of y'all don't see it this way but the 4th pick means Russell.

We'd be better off with WTCS or trading the pick...
4th means Mudiay. Sixers aren't picking another pg who can't shoot. Isn't Muiday your fav in the draft? Time to hop aboard the Mudiay train I guess
Fxck Adam Silver
Don Che

They can trade for Melo...sign Rondo

LA loves stars...could see them trade for Cousins also with that pick.
StevoStarks

I'd go full rebuild and trade Melo for the #1 pick. If that were possible.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

LMAOOO....he'd never ok a trade to Minny
DolanCurse2001

Poor guy who has to live and freeze to death in Minnesota.

Don Che

so...Mudiay or Russell lol we really could do their jobs
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

Are there any teams that might sell a late first rounder? Phoenix always used to be a lock to sell their late first round pick, but there aren't any cheap owners right with good teams right now.

Do you guys think Memphis would sell their pick?
Maybe Brooklyn would trade their (29th) pick for THJ?
I've been focusing so much on the top of this draft: is it worthwhile to make moves into the bottom of the 1st or the 2nd round?
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

boston has a glut of picks, but more likely to deal the 2nd rounders. contending teams sometimes sell their 1st rounders when there isn't an available player that fits them; gsw at #30 and sas at #26 might be selling, maybe even the grizz at #25.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

cragganmor wrote:boston has a glut of picks, but more likely to deal the 2nd rounders. contending teams sometimes sell their 1st rounders when there isn't an available player that fits them; gsw at #30 and sas at #26 might be selling, maybe even the grizz at #25.
Even when I don't specifically know what SA did with their draft pick, I usually assume it was a draft and stash (though this has become less effective since international leagues are better scouted). I don't recall them selling their picks recently.

Anyways the Knicks have a lot of holes to fill, I want to see the Knicks acquire some picks so there are some more prospects on the bench to develop.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Don Che

KFSL....GET READY TO SUM UP ALL YOUR POSTS FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS AND EMAIL IT TO PHIL

Steve Mills, the general manager of the Knicks, leaned back in his chair and sighed as ESPN went to its final commercial break Tuesday night during the N.B.A.’s annual draft lottery. The order of the top three teams had yet to be revealed, but Mills and the rest of civilization already knew that the Knicks would not be among them.

Mills was soon left alone in his four-person row on the ballroom stage at the New York Hilton, having been abandoned by representatives of the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Philadelphia 76ers, each of whom took a spot at the center of the dais. Mills could only watch the festivities unfold without him.

“There’s a little disappointment, obviously,” he said later.

Months after abandoning any hope of a respectable season in hopes of wooing the lottery gods, the Knicks were instead slapped with the fourth pick in this year’s draft, scheduled for June 25 at Barclays Center. It was not a total disaster — the Knicks could have fallen to fifth — but they had the second-best odds of winning the top pick and are now almost assured of missing out on two potentially franchise-altering big men, Karl-Anthony Towns of Kentucky and Jahlil Okafor of Duke.

Interactive Feature | 2015 Draft Order for Lottery Picks
The Timberwolves, who had finished with the league’s worst record (16-66), won the top pick, followed by the Lakers and then the 76ers. Byron Scott, the coach of the Lakers, pumped his fist on the stage when he learned that his team had leapfrogged the Knicks to secure a top-three pick.

Knicks personnel had practically set up camp at Kentucky this winter to scout Towns and a couple of his teammates.

“We would have liked to have received a higher pick,” Mills said, “but we went into this knowing that anywhere between 1 and 5, we were going to get a good player. And the way we look at this, this is a player that’s complementary to a player that we have in place in Carmelo and what we’re going to do in free agency.”

In referring to Carmelo Anthony, Mills worked to put a positive spin on the evening. He was not wrong to suggest that this draft class is deep, especially at the top of the lottery, featuring several players who could improve teams from the outset.

The list of elite prospects includes two point guards, D’Angelo Russell of Ohio State and Emmanuel Mudiay, a native of the Democratic Republic of Congo who played professionally in China this season. Mills said he had not scouted Mudiay in China, and Mudiay remains a bit of a mystery. But the Knicks are expected to evaluate several players as the draft approaches, and Mills did not rule out the possibility of trading the pick.

“We think he’s a guy who obviously will be in the mix,” Mills said of Mudiay, “but we’re going to look at all of our options.”

Mills, who was seated alongside representatives of 13 other teams, watched as Mark Tatum, the league’s deputy commissioner, opened 14 envelopes, one by one, each containing a team logo. The Knicks, who went 17-65, the second-worst record in the league, had a 19.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and a 55.8 percent chance of being among the top three. But they also had a 31.9 percent chance of dipping to No. 4.

Fran Fraschilla, an analyst for ESPN, said it was not the worst place to be, given the quality at the top of the draft.

“All of these players, in their own way, have skills that are going to translate well to the N.B.A.,” Fraschilla said in a telephone interview.

This draft lottery came 30 years after the Knicks won their first and only top overall pick since the lottery era began that year, 1985. They selected Patrick Ewing, who turned out to be a transformative force for the organization.

The team had no such luck this time around.

Then again, a top-five pick is a luxury for the Knicks, who have a troubling history of trading away picks in ill-advised deals. More recently, they have been hamstrung by salary-cap limitations — code for excessive spending. Still, they will have money to spend this summer after shedding the onerous contracts that belonged to Amar’e Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani, among others. Mills projected that the team would be $28 million under the cap. He also said that free agency could affect the Knicks’ approach to the draft.

“It’ll have a big impact,” he said. “We’ll look at what kind of guys are going to move in free agency and have our draft plans accordingly.”

On Tuesday, Mills was seated between Glen Taylor, the owner of the Timberwolves, and Nerlens Noel, the young center for the 76ers. Mills wore Dave DeBusschere’s Basketball Hall of Fame ring — the same ring that DeBusschere wore for the 1985 lottery.

The opening of the envelopes was a made-for-television affair, with the actual lottery procedure — a complex sorting of Ping-Pong balls — taking place in a separate room before ESPN’s broadcast. Jamie Matthews, the Knicks’ vice president for basketball operations, represented the Knicks at that closed-door event.

The Timberwolves, who had a 25 percent chance of securing the top pick, became only the fifth team (and the first since 2004) to finish with the N.B.A.’s worst record and win the lottery that same year. The Knicks were guaranteed to stay in the top five, a consolation prize after trudging through an injury-marred, stomach-churning season.

“We’re going to get a good player,” Mills said. “We’re going to continue with our process.”