5/20/08: NBA Draft Lottery Thread (8:00 PM EDT, ESPN)

Discuss NCAA hoops and player scouting for the NBA Draft from the college and international ranks.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 5/20/08: NBA Draft Lottery Thread (8:00 PM EDT, ESPN)

Postby Chicago_Knicks_Fan » May 20, 2008, 9:19 pm

hopefully,

O.J. can still fall to our team 8-)
Mike D'Antoni was a cancer, team killer, & had a huge ego without the resume . So at the end of the day, D'Antoni got what he deserved. He had four years and the man didn't get the job done. Thats basically sums up his entire coaching career !!! A man that couldnt get the job done

Stephon Marbury is a champion with a championship. Thought he was a loser tho :shugs:
Chicago_Knicks_Fan

Postby Adi » May 20, 2008, 9:21 pm

Chicago_Knicks_Fan1 wrote:hopefully,

O.J. can still fall to our team 8-)

Yes, because Isiah, Francis, Marbury, and ZBo haven't been enough for our team over the last 5 years, we really need to throw Mayo into the mix to really ensure that we'll never reach any distinguishable level of prominence again.
I do that to stay closer to God

-Stephon Marbury
Adi

Postby Ju399446 » May 20, 2008, 9:21 pm

Chicago Knicks Fan 1 you should be banned from posting on this bored. What a disgrace... A Chicago and Knicks fan in one...
I will not purchase any official NBA merchandise until David Stern leaves the organization...
Ju399446

Postby UnbeLeevable » May 20, 2008, 9:23 pm

Wow. This is horrible. I don't no why we even bother sometimes.
UnbeLeevable

Postby Adi » May 20, 2008, 9:24 pm

Ju399446 wrote:Chicago Knicks Fan 1 you should be banned from posting on this bored. What a disgrace... A Chicago and Knicks fan in one...

he's a Knick fan, he just happens to reside in Chicago and I'll assume he isn't ashamed of that considering it's half of his username
I do that to stay closer to God

-Stephon Marbury
Adi

Postby BrianQuinnett23 » May 20, 2008, 9:28 pm

Here comes Stern to the podeum..

(Barkley chuckles, and Steven A Smith plugs his ears)

With the 6th pick, in the 2008 NBA Draft...

THe New York Knicks select...

(a long silence)

Ma.. Matin...Ma.....

(a stunned look on peoples faces, what the F is goin on??)

Matine`men`benne Asioutitopuoziki ... from Drum Making college of Ziare...

Steven A Passes out

Barkley loses his lunch from laughing
Brian Quinnett
Drafted 1989 - 2nd Round #23 by the New York Knicks
Cheer for #23 - a True Knick.. Brian Quinnett.
"If i hit the Rim with my First Shot.. then its gonna be a good night" - B.Quinnett 1991.
BrianQuinnett23

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » May 20, 2008, 9:36 pm

thewatcher wrote:Plan B

I'm sure our GM didn't march in here and put all of his chips on Rose/#1 pick, i really do hope everybody really didn't think we were getting the number 1 pick this year.....we've been brainwashed to think that we were getting into that position somehow with all the talk, daydreaming, media talk, articles, etc........of coarse we have a back up plan....we need to have faith in our new staff and organization.....people/fans here give up much too quickly....
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby thewatcher » May 20, 2008, 9:40 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:[I'm sure our GM didn't march in here and put all of his chips on Rose/#1 pick, i really do hope everybody really didn't think we were getting the number 1 pick this year.....we've been brainwashed to think that we were getting into that position somehow with all the talk, daydreaming, media talk, articles, etc........of coarse we have a back up plan....we need to have faith in our new staff and organization.....people/fans here give up much too quickly....

:thumbsup: the numbers for moving up were unpromising, but the hype took over anyway. But to be honest I'd rather have Donnie , Mike and the 6th pick, Than the first pick with another managment team. We've already gotten lucky.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby nbafreak724 » May 20, 2008, 9:53 pm

BrianQuinnett23 wrote:Here comes Stern to the podeum..

(Barkley chuckles, and Steven A Smith plugs his ears)

With the 6th pick, in the 2008 NBA Draft...

THe New York Knicks select...

(a long silence)

Ma.. Matin...Ma.....

(a stunned look on peoples faces, what the F is goin on??)

Matine`men`benne Asioutitopuoziki ... from Drum Making college of Ziare...

Steven A Passes out

Barkley loses his lunch from laughing

LOL dude, you're on a roll today.
Sadly though, I can totally see that happening. :cry:
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
nbafreak724

Postby fredweis » May 20, 2008, 10:01 pm

Can't believe Chicago won... :cry:
Welcome to the SUCK!

“In the style we’re playing, if you’re not in all the way, you’re not going to look good until you get in all the way. You can’t run halfway.” - Mike D'Antoni, Nov 16 2009
fredweis

Postby Irv » May 20, 2008, 10:31 pm

I'm pissed because Michael Beasley goes to a team I hate and the Knicks don't even manage to stay put. I knew Miami was going to get one of the top picks, but there were too many teams I don't like in the lottery this year.
Irv
Administrator

Postby cheftom » May 20, 2008, 11:21 pm

I guess that all that nonsense about Stern fixing the lottery can be dismissed now. We had a one in 5 chance of moving up. We didn't. One of the teams below us did move up, so we dropped. We had something like a 65% chance of picking 5th or 6th. That's where we ended up. Sure Chicago had only about a 2% chance of getting the #1, but we only had a 7% chance ourselves. I'm not crying. Unfortunately we weren't even good at being bad this year. We needed to go into the tank harder and earlier if we wanted to be assured of a top 3 pick. I still feel good about the direction of the team. It will be interesting to see who we do draft and what moves Walsh makes in the off-season.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
cheftom

Postby StevoStarks » May 21, 2008, 1:17 am

We're gonna trade this pick.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Chicago_Knicks_Fan » May 21, 2008, 1:21 am

Aditya wrote:he's a Knick fan, he just happens to reside in Chicago and I'll assume he isn't ashamed of that considering it's half of his username

thank you!

cause I was about too tell dude off , straight up 8-)

ppl on here know that Im a true Knicks fan, its not my fault I grew up in Chicago!

I love my team, so **** you

Who Is You 2 Judge Me Ju399446 :?
Mike D'Antoni was a cancer, team killer, & had a huge ego without the resume . So at the end of the day, D'Antoni got what he deserved. He had four years and the man didn't get the job done. Thats basically sums up his entire coaching career !!! A man that couldnt get the job done

Stephon Marbury is a champion with a championship. Thought he was a loser tho :shugs:
Chicago_Knicks_Fan

Walsh responds to the 6th pick

Postby Isa Soulstar » May 21, 2008, 2:44 am

oOoO...Friends don't let friends VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
Isa Soulstar
Writer

Postby bobhait » May 21, 2008, 2:55 am

be nice if Walsh could come up with a gem of a pick, wouldn't it? also, if D'Antoni could make good use of Wilson, that would ease the pain of the pick swap from last year, as long as Noah's just a meh player.

by the who, how do the Bulls stash Kirk Heinrich away as they bring in Rose? I mean, Kirk's got a contract practically no team would touch, especially now that the Knicks have closed shop on financial bail-outs.
Hornacek Era prelude
bobhait

Postby The Kid Daigoro » May 21, 2008, 5:12 am

damn, I only kept awake and on the internet (thx rebound 4 the link), till 02:30am german time do watch my knicks hit the top two of the draft. and then, the 6th picks goes to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!!
but hey, the man who has the rights on the 3rd pick is named McHale - lets trade our 6th pick and marbury for his 3rd pick or something.

fcuk fcuk fcuk 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.lastfm.de/user/KidDaigoro - You come at the king, you best not miss.
The Kid Daigoro

Postby ezfranca » May 21, 2008, 5:24 am

The Kid Daigoro wrote:damn, I only kept awake and on the internet (thx rebound 4 the link), till 02:30am german time do watch my knicks hit the top two of the draft. and then, the 6th picks goes to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!!
but hey, the man who has the rights on the 3rd pick is named McHale - lets trade our 6th pick and marbury for his 3rd pick or something.

fcuk fcuk fcuk 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid my friend!!! Its 6am here in Brazil and the worst thing is the f**** bulls getting the 1st.

OMFG!!!

Lets trade this f*** 6th pick!!

Lets kill bulls!!

OMFG!!!!

I hate the bulls!
"The disgraceful scene in the locker room after getting blown out by Indiana - guys laughing, joking and being loud - showed the desperate need to bring in guys with pride, who take winning and losing seriously"
Thats the Knicks!
Worst than my english
ezfranca

Re: Walsh responds to the 6th pick

Postby thewatcher » May 21, 2008, 5:33 am

Isa Soulstar wrote:http://www.zshare.net/video/12335515316814aa/
[Donnie likes the depth of this draft a lot 1-10!! (UCLA's Westbrook!!) Also to his credit he won't throw ANYONE under the bus publicly, (remember zeke's arrival here and immediate giving a :thumbsdown: on Layden's KVH for Spreewell trade??...ironically KVH started balling with Marbs for 3 weeks, and we looked sharp until Thomas shipped him for Tim Thomas and Nazr) Contrast to Donnie who won't even share with us which positions he thinks the Knicks need help! No need to ever tip your hand Donnie. Is Donnie from the Bronx? he reminds me a little of my father who was.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby NYGM » May 21, 2008, 10:30 am

StevoStarks wrote:We're gonna trade this pick.

I agree, i don't see any other possibility..
NYGM

PreviousNext

Return to College Basketball and NBA Draft