Get these vets outta my F'n sight

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

Knowing the Knicks this thread may be a waste of time but ideas. Get these guys outta my sight. In terms of who? I think we should go all in on the youth of this team. It's the youth who seemingly play hard, who play together and surprisingly play smart. And what's weird about this team is typically when you imagine a firesale you expect to lose and be horrible for the next 5 yrs. I do expect to take a step back because veteran skilled players sometimes don't get valued until you lose that leadership, but for some reason I feel alright about it. As if it's the young guys who have it all together on this team. Not to mention if done right we can get Thibs players that truly live up to his vision. I think this could actually work out great for Thibs. He obviously ain't into Kemba; I'm sure he's not a fan of Fournier and while Randle is his crutch sometimes the best thing to do is remove the option and when it's not there....then the real coaching begins.

So if any of you support this mindset please join me and use this thread to propose trades with that in mind. We're sellers folks. Rebound, Isiah I expect to see you represented.
nazrmohamed

Trade 1- Knicks/Wizards
Perhaps it's a recency bias but nah, I've mentioned the Wizards before. They got a decent team with some depth but really they are similar to what we were maybe last season. 1 star in Beal and alot of depth. Maybe they'd like to get more top heavy. Beal has hinted at needing better top name talent. Julius could be it.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechec ... de/7502541

Ok so in this trade the Wizards send Kantavious Caldwell Pope, Rui Hachimura and Deni Avdija.

Ultimately for us we're getting two decent prospects in Hachimura and Avdija. Hachimura I think is out for the season which actually makes the Wiz more likely to say yes, Avdija is a nice prospect but he's a sub 10pt scorer at this point and Pope has a contract that ends after this yr.

Maybe we get a 1st rounder out of it as well. I'll take whatever I can get in that regard. I actually like the prospects. Rui and Deni. Now you pit them on our roster and now you got.

I won't go into lineups cuz I got more shot planned anyway.
taowave
Likes given: 848

If Thibs is our guy,and he should be,I am all in on moving Randle,Kemba and a pick for Simmons...

If Thibs liked Noah,he would love Simmons......
nazrmohamed

Listen, I like Simmons. I think hes been piled up on and if it's Randle we're trading I can make a good argument and believe I have for how in the same role he could end up a good find for us. But I'm not trying to import a star that I may be totally wrong about. His contact situation is tough and he'll require Julius plus multiple picks plus at least one young player.

I'm not trying to trade multiple assets for a possible upgrade I'm trying to trade 1 player for multiple assets. That's sort of the direction I'm talking about but I did leave it open. I mean again, if it happens I can find ways to justify it but Simmons isn't my 1st or 2nd choice and even if I got him there a specific way I wanna use him or I'm sour on the whole deal. He will never see the PG position again if I'm in charge. Like you said he's Noah on steroids. He's a PF who passes like Jokic.

What I really want is this. The way our 2nd unit is fun and gun, move and pass, anybody can score with it. I want a first unit like that. I'm not looking for the next hero so to speak.
nazrmohamed

I'm baaaaaackkk.

To continue this discussion look what Grimes did tonight? Look again at how essentially kids just out of Covid protocol outplay veteran players. RJ wasn't too hot either but he came around at the right time for what little he produced. I can't help just think what he'd look like playing with his peers, in a crew that just hustles, moves the ball without ego and gets out into transition. What if the whole team were made of guys like these. I'm just so done with these vets.

So in trade 2 I'm looking to dump Fournier. I guess I've been put in my place on Jalen Brown but maybe I can simply go for a young player with upside and then just try to dump Fournier in the process.

Here goes
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechec ... de/7504128

In this trade we sortve concede any chance we had of fighting for the bubble to the Hawks and give them two ready to win now players. Fournier and Burks go to the Hawks and in return we get Gallo and Reddish.

The Knicks right now are everyone's joke, the fluke team, the team that did well with no fans in the seats. Well idk who's been paying attention but the Hawks don't look so secure either and fact is we're tied as of tonight. Maybe they too do better in empty arenas. They got allot of young guys but not alot of seasoning which at the very least Burks would provide and while Fournier stinks here he could do better there in that style of play they got going running pick and roll with Trae/Capella and shooters. Trade checker ain't got no way to send picks but I'd throw in a 1st rounder to sweeten it. Gallo ain't exactly that hot himself scoring only 9pts/gm, he has a bigger deal than Fourniers except it expires next summer.

For us we clear Fournier off the books a couple yrs early and pick up a prospect who's unproven but is starting to piece it together. I actually liked Reddish in HS more than RJ but then Duke happened and turned me off. Well sometimes it takes some time. He's still young and always had potential. I'd like to try to see what we can do with him on a roster where as you can see I'm stripping it down of the vets and would integrate him in our youth movement.

So I won't post a lineup just yet cuz I ain't done but so far I've traded Julius, Burks and Fournier and added Rui Hachimura, Deni Avdija &
Cam Reddish to a stable that will include McBride, Quickley, Grimes,RJ, Toppin, Mitch &Simms.

If you haven't heard your name called out I suggest you start reaching out to your realtor cuz there is a theme here.
Gheppetto
Likes given: 1923

I’m all for trades!!!

I also think the Knicks should be looking down the road. Fournier and Randle will keep us at the dead space between the Draft Lottery and The Play in Game. Fortune favors the bold, I say aim for a championship or aim for a high lottery pick. No middle game BS.

Although not an Earth shattering trade.. with Rubio going down, I would look into trying to attain 2 of their younger players.

Osman is having his best season, Okoro is young but gets nearly 30 mpg. 2 wings, good contracts, under 27.

We give up Kemba and Burks. Both over 30, with Grimes, Osman, Okoro, Fournier and RJ… Burks is expendable.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechec ... de/7504325
2022 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion (tied)
nazrmohamed

Not bad. Okoro hasn't really lit it up but he's got tons of defensive potential and can get to the rim. I'd much rather it be Fournier but that's probably asking too much.

Fourniers gonna be that guy we get rid of by losing a draft pick, watch. You gotta pay a team to take him and maybe they give you an expiring player who's useless and a 2nd rounder for your 1st.
DreOfficial
Likes given: 7

Thibs didn't develop our youth b/c he is lacking offensive development skills because he is limited offensively. Frank and Knox were our defensive players and both sat on the bench to rot. So management brings in veteran offensive players who can't defend and they set on the bench to rot. Thibs should always go with youth and just develop them.
nazrmohamed

Knox....defense.......will not compute
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

DreOfficial wrote: January 9th, 2022, 3:58 pm Frank and Knox were our defensive players and both sat on the bench to rot.
DreOfficial wrote: January 9th, 2022, 3:58 pm Frank and Knox were our defensive players and both sat on the bench to rot.
DreOfficial
Likes given: 7

If you actually watch the games, Knox was becoming a good defensive player before Thibs showed up. Then he never left the bench.
These users liked DreOfficial’s post:
Gheppetto (January 27th, 2022, 9:19 am)
Gheppetto
Likes given: 1923

Knox could have given us exactly what Fournier is giving us this year.

I'm not here to defend Knoxs defense. But I am here to "Get These Vets Outta My Effin Face".

Knox is 7 years younger than Fournier, on a MUCH better contracr, AND WAS OUR GUY!!!! WE DRAFTED HIS ASS!!!!

Without looking ..... Which is Knoxs Rookie Season stat line and which is Fourniers 2021-2022 stat line ....

MIN FG/FGA FG% 3PT 3P% FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
28.6 4.9/11.7 41.6 2.7-6.9 38.9 72.7 0.5 2.3 2.8 1.7 0.2 0.9 1.9 1.3 13.4

MIN FG/FGA FG% 3PT 3P% FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
28.8 4.5/12.2 37.0 1.7-4.9 34.3 71.7 0.8 3.7 4.5 1.1 0.3 0.6 2.3 1.5 12.8

We gave up on OUR guy too early, and it cost us a first round draft pick to do it.
2022 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion (tied)
nazrmohamed

We didn't trade him for Fournier, we traded him for a prospect with higher potential. And I just never saw any improvement in his game
bobhait
Likes given: 65

nazrmohamed wrote: January 28th, 2022, 6:18 pm We didn't trade him for Fournier, we traded him for a prospect with higher potential. And I just never saw any improvement in his game
what are the odds Cam will be buried on the bench, same as any number of guys before him or currently on the roster?
sky’s the limit