Swap Noah for Deng

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

:?
If Noah comes back from being suspended and can string together a couple of ok games I think this could benefit both teams. Both are veterans with solid history but overpaid, same number of years remaining. Basically just swapping based on the depth chart.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
spree#8
Likes given: 534

My guess is the Lakers will try to send Deng out the way they did with Mozgov. Attach an asset and trade him into cap room of a team under the cap next summer. If you like the Lakers you have to hope though that they aren't as dumb as they were attaching Russell to Mozgov.

So I don't think they would be interested in such a swap. I also don't think we need Deng, because right now we start Lee and have McDermott, Beasley and Kuzminskas at the same position, with Dotson also waiting for a call to step somewhere on the floor. IMO Noah is fine as the veteran mentor from the bench whom you can send in for defense once his suspension is up. I agree though that Deng could still be better than any of our current options. But in our situation I give rather McDermott some reps to see where he stands as a player.

A trade like this (finding another team's player on a bad contract who fits better with us) might be the only chance to trade Noah though, so not a bad idea.
#knickstape
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

I get where you're coming from in wanting McDermott/Kuz to get minutes but I think that's less of a problem than Willy/KOQ/Kanter being pressed for minutes. You're probably right about them looking to make a swap for an expiring though- the Mozgov trade is a clear example of them valuing a clean house over some assets.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde