1 Down 3 to go Melo for Love Let Us Pray!!!

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

Thompson looks more like a tradeable piece than Love in this series.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
n8 the gr8

So the series is over. I might be wrong, but maybe Melo has the option to waive the bonus on the no-trade clause? If he does his salary for next year might be low enough to do a swap for Shumpert/Frye. I'd want Shump/Frye a 2021 first rounder and the right to swap in 2023.

Another that I think would work if Melo wants the full 30 million: Melo/O'Quinn for TT/Shump/1st.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

n8 the gr8 wrote:So the series is over. I might be wrong, but maybe Melo has the option to waive the bonus on the no-trade clause? If he does his salary for next year might be low enough to do a swap for Shumpert/Frye. I'd want Shump/Frye a 2021 first rounder and the right to swap in 2023.

Another that I think would work if Melo wants the full 30 million: Melo/O'Quinn for TT/Shump/1st.
So far off on the picks. I actually don't mind the players and think they could be retraded for picks. Even if its for 2nd rounders or late firsts there's still value there. But waiting 4 and 6 yrs for draft picks? Just not worth it.

Now move those first rounders to 2018 and 20 and that's a bit better.
n8 the gr8

nazrmohamed wrote:So far off on the picks. I actually don't mind the players and think they could be retraded for picks. Even if its for 2nd rounders or late firsts there's still value there. But waiting 4 and 6 yrs for draft picks? Just not worth it.

Now move those first rounders to 2018 and 20 and that's a bit better.
I think they traded 2017 to get Mozgov or something (not theirs anyway) and 2019 for Korver, so 2021 would be the first they could trade. It's a ways off but I don't mind taking on picks way down the line. Lebron will be 37 in 2021.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde