1 Down 3 to go Melo for Love Let Us Pray!!!

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

vino92
Likes given: 0

If GS beats the Cav's easily LeBron will demand changes and the one change he may demand is Melo for Love We can only hope in an odd way Love can bring us back more than Melo I would trade Love to Boston for J.Brown and A. Bradley or to Orlando for Gordon and Hezonja and Green expiring contract
Geolink

I seriously don't know why we need Love right now.

We have a 4/5 in KP and Willy. Unless you want them to give away Willy to Cleveland as well.
Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
vino92

read the post Love gets traded to Boston or Orlando no desire to keep him!!!
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Geolink wrote:I seriously don't know why we need Love right now.

We have a 4/5 in KP and Willy. Unless you want them to give away Willy to Cleveland as well.
This has kind of been talked to death but that's misrepresenting the logic behind a Love/Melo swap. When you fly into another country what's the first thing you do? You go change the cash in your wallet for something you want to spend. You don't need paper of a certain size and color for your end-goal you do it because it's what you need to exchange for other things. And the money-changer gets interest.

There are like two places we can spend Melo because of his no trade clause. We can spend Love anywhere. Almost no-one advocating a Love/Melo swap wants Love to play for the Knicks.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
KnicksRUs

Love's kind of a bum considering his max contract status. I'd trade Melo for a bag of peanuts, but trading for Love just puts us in that same trap of overpaying for talent and creating a ceiling that is below championship caliber.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
lxn_

why not read first then comment. the OP suggests that if we do get love we trade him right after. That scenario would net us something more than what melo could bring back. Im also rooting for warriors to win for this same reason. Because I believe that if indeed they get embarrassed lebron would demand change.
KnicksRUs

lxn_ wrote:why not read first then comment. the OP suggests that if we do get love we trade him right after. That scenario would net us something more than what melo could bring back. Im also rooting for warriors to win for this same reason. Because I believe that if indeed they get embarrassed lebron would demand change.
Because it's a horrifically shitty idea and completely illogical.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
Geolink

Why the hell would we trade him right away?

Wouldn't the Celtics or the Magic just skip dealing with us and deal with the Cavs directly?

Cavs could probably get a better deal out of those two teams than us.

And isn't there a clause that stops us from trading a player right after we just traded for him? Unless I'm confusing it with signing a player.
Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
thewatcher
Likes given: 2704

^^Geo a 3 way trade is no problem. LeBron wants his best friend melo on the team, that's what drives this, so no, the Knicks would not be by-passed. Hence the 3 way trade, seems inevitable to me.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
vino92

No Cav's couldn't get a better deal because Boston doesn't have what the want a proven commodity that ease the scoring load on LeBron say what you want about Melo he still a 22PPG scorer also Boston not the only team we can trade Love to I said it before in an odd way we can get more for Love than Melo So root for GS
taowave
Likes given: 846

You are kind of right in that the Cavs could probably get "more" dealing Love to another team,but Melo in the Cavs system playing second and third fiddle to Kyrie and Bron is not the same Melo you see on the Knicks.

Does Love get you a top 7-12 pick,and would that player help the Cavs more than Melo?

Its really about team needs,and Melo could be exactly what the Cavs need,and what the Knicks dont.

Geolink wrote:Why the hell would we trade him right away?

Wouldn't the Celtics or the Magic just skip dealing with us and deal with the Cavs directly?

Cavs could probably get a better deal out of those two teams than us.

And isn't there a clause that stops us from trading a player right after we just traded for him? Unless I'm confusing it with signing a player.
rebound
Likes given: 1155

i can see it happening.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
taowave

Kevin on Boston is a decent fit.
They are really weak at the 4.

GS is going to roll Cleveland...
vino92

Boston needs a volume scorer to go with Thomas The Love before the Cav's was an Alpha Dog top scorer and rebounder the one with the Cav's defer to much to Lebron and Kyrie He would be a perfect fit in Boston team him alongside Horford and Crowder with Thomas and Fultz in the backcourt they will give the Cav's a run for there money The 2 pieces I'm asking for are expendable for them that A. Bradley and J.Brown who along with Porzingis and Willy with lets say D. Smith as our 8th pick gives us something to look forward to This trade benefits both teams which is how a trade should work.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

I doubt Ainge would pair Love and Al. Both are slow 4s and short 5s, neither are really good defenders and neither can really dominate the paint.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
vino92

If u think along the lines of traditional centers but those days for most teams are gone what that will do is give them two bigs that can go either inside or outside
taowave

I think Love is a better fit than Melo,but I agree about the lack of athleticism..
n8 the gr8 wrote:I doubt Ainge would pair Love and Al. Both are slow 4s and short 5s, neither are really good defenders and neither can really dominate the paint.
taowave

I think Love is a better fit than Melo,but I agree about the lack of athleticism

Crowder and Bradley are decent defenders.Interesting to see who they draft..
n8 the gr8 wrote:I doubt Ainge would pair Love and Al. Both are slow 4s and short 5s, neither are really good defenders and neither can really dominate the paint.
rebound
Likes given: 1155

irving for paul
melo for love and jr or shump

wade buyout at the deadline with chicago.

paul
wade
lebron
melo
thompson
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I want no parts of Kevin Love