If U where GM 4 a day what trade would make who would U draft

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

vino92
Likes given: 0

I don't take a difference of an opinion as an attack this is a fan forum these are just discussions you make a bunch of valid points I will say the youth scenario doesn't bother me all that much don't know how old you are but there was a team in 69 that had a bunch of young talent grow together then went out and traded for a veteran that made that team jell That player was Debusschere that team the Knicks you can always get veteran leadership through free agency If I remember correctly isn't that what GS did to win there 1st title?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

vino92 wrote:I don't take a difference of an opinion as an attack this is a fan forum these are just discussions you make a bunch of valid points I will say the youth scenario doesn't bother me all that much don't know how old you are but there was a team in 69 that had a bunch of young talent grow together then went out and traded for a veteran that made that team jell That player was Debusschere that team the Knicks you can always get veteran leadership through free agency If I remember correctly isn't that what GS did to win there 1st title?

Best Post you've ever made.

Get a group of the right young guys....and keep the vets from a team concept to make them gel. I'd try to get 4 tops 5(not necessarily all starters) young guys to build with...KP/Will are already here...get 2 more this draft and see what we got.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

H20, you provided is with an awesome list of PGs drafted first and its pretty impressive. However I noticed a correlation with the ones you provided. They all got thier teams into the ncaa tourney and in allot of cases got deep into it. This draft is the deepest draft in a while but Ive never held this infallible belief that Fultz would end up the best player in it. Or maybe a better way to say that is I never felt he had the best chance of winning at the highest level. I feel surer about Ball to be honest. And I like Fox just as much. Ill follow the experts but youve known me to propose 2 for 1s. Im more enamored by having the Kings draft night than any single pick in the draft.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I wonder if Lonzo slips IF LA doesnt take him.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

Don Che wrote:I wonder if Lonzo slips IF LA doesnt take him.
You think Philly would pass on him? They've always taken BPA and he'd fit. There would have to be a lot of redflags for that to happen, depending on what they are there's no telling. But honestly I think he's a high character guy.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 788

H20Knick wrote:3. This brings me to my darkhorse move. Melo for Otto Porter. The Wizards would absolutely be contenders with Melo on the roster IMO. But they can't afford to get Melo and resign Porter. Now, I know i'm the one who has vehemently said the Wizards will keep Porter because he's a GTown product which means he's ottomatically (LOL) a fan favorite. He defends, he plays his role well, and he's just a good guy. But with all of that said, Kelly Oubre is waiting in the wings and probably has a higher ceiling because he can create his own offense. The Wizards roster is perfectly set up to accomodate Melo. They can run traditional lineups of Melo/Morris/Gortat. They can run smaller lineups of Oubre/Melo/Gortat. They can play small-ball with Oubre/Melo/Morris. Moreover, Oubre and Morris are the kind of guys who wont bitch about Melo taking their minutes or changing their roles. The internet is ablaze with the history of how shitty Melo's PGs have been in his tenure here. Billups and KMart have both made statements about how much Melo needs a good pg to make him a better winner. Wall does that 100%. It's a perfect fit really. However, i'm ONLY doing this if we end up with Fultz or Fox. Porter can't create his own offense at all. He needs a guy who can find him coming off screens or when he sneaks to open spots (sorry DSJ) and he needs a guy who can breakdown defenses and cause the mayhem that gets him open (sorry Frank). So i'm only going for Porter if we get Fultz or Fox.
If we can get the Wizards to trade Porter for Melo... Then I do not care it our PG is Chris Duhon... then we get it done :hammer:

I know I have said it before but I will gladly repeat myself... Otto Porter would be the best case scenario in any Melo trade and there could be a small chance since the Wizards are in win now mode and Melo might accept going there :drool:
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
vino92

Do you like Porter better than Crowder? Don Che I like Willy also but on a good team I'm not sure he's a stater we kind of went down this road with Galloway where so desperate for any sign of hope we elevate our expectations I think we all believe that we need a core group of young players to grow together The only reason I'm thinking of trading Kp to Philly or Boston is to get multiple picks in return I do believe that if we package KP with Melo to Boston we can get youth and multiple picks in return and I believe the same thing with the Philly deal I believe we can turn Philly 3rd into Sacramento 5th and 10 th well at least this forum is doing what our GM seems not to be doing which is thinking of our future Good suggestions by all
Rusty La Rue

vino92 wrote:Do you like Porter better than Crowder?
I do and I believe he is 3 years younger than Crowder... What we need to do is get younger because the championship window is closed the next 3-4 years anyways. Then Golden State is probably done. At that point KP is around 24-25, Porter would be 27-28 and all other assets we have collected in the 24-25-26 ball park. The we add some veteran leadership and go to work :drunk:
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

After watching Crowder against the Cavs, I'm not interested. He's not talented enough offensively to not be a lockdown defender and he'll be 27 before the season starts.

But I do worry about Porter's price tag. I was all gung ho on the idea a few months ago, but he really can't create his own offense and we dont have a PG to keep him as effective as he is now without the ball. He's probably going to get a max contract. While we can afford it, and while all of our good players are on rookie-scale contracts and Porter's will never be a hindrance to us, it still feels like a poor financial move.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Rusty La Rue

You do not need a PG to keep Porter effective... you need ball movement... of course it wouldn't hurt with a top level PG but Porter keeps the defensive honest as you cannot leave him open... If we get Porter he is not going to be a 20 ppg scorer... but he will hit the open shot, play D and basically be a player that improves the team...
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Rusty La Rue wrote:You do not need a PG to keep Porter effective... you need ball movement... of course it wouldn't hurt with a top level PG but Porter keeps the defensive honest as you cannot leave him open... If we get Porter he is not going to be a 20 ppg scorer... but he will hit the open shot, play D and basically be a player that improves the team...
And your assessment of Otto Porter is based on what?

You realize that if you sort the Wizards 5-man units, you have to go to the 20th most used combination to find one that has Porter playing without Wall. Why do you think that is? Yeah, it's ball movement, but it's ball movement that occurs after Wall has broken down the defense. Wall to Beal to Porter. Wall to Morris to Porter. Wall to Porter. Porter is not Beal. He's not running around all night trying to get open. He's also not Steph Curry. He's not going to make it if he's well contested. Luckily, Porter only takes shots if he's not well contested... and he's often not well contested because Wall breaks down defenses.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Rusty La Rue

H20Knick wrote:And your assessment of Otto Porter is based on what?

You realize that if you sort the Wizards 5-man units, you have to go to the 20th most used combination to find one that has Porter playing without Wall. Why do you think that is? Yeah, it's ball movement, but it's ball movement that occurs after Wall has broken down the defense. Wall to Beal to Porter. Wall to Morris to Porter. Wall to Porter. Porter is not Beal. He's not running around all night trying to get open. He's also not Steph Curry. He's not going to make it if he's well contested. Luckily, Porter only takes shots if he's not well contested... and he's often not well contested because Wall breaks down defenses.
Well I just believe you are undermining Porter saying that he needs an elite PG to be effective. I never said he hits contested shots I said the exact opposite and of course most Wizard lineups would include Wall and Porter as they are both starters and play a lot of minutes. Porter's biggest value is his D and that you cannot leave him open behind the 3 that helps spread the floor. I might be wrong but in my oppinion a Porter for Melo trade would be a homerun. I would be happy going forward with a frontline of Willy, KP and Porter .Then we strengthen the backcourt via our draft picks...
Stressin

I would be a happy Knick camper if we could trade Melo n KP to Boston for their first pick plus Smart.
I would pick Fultz or Ball with the 1st pick, then pick Isaac with the 8th pick.