Noah to Toronto

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Noah to Toronto

Postby n8 the gr8 » October 24, 2016, 1:28 am

Terrence Ross, Jared Sullinger, Lucas Noguiera for Noah and Kuz works.

It's too early to talk about trading Noah- I know, we have to wait until Dec 15 to trade players we signed this summer anyways. Obviously some things would have to happen for the Knicks to consider trading him: namely O'Quinn/Hernamongez would have to look good and the team would have to look really good with Porzingis at the 5. I'm hoping for the best, just saying...

The Raptors had some of their best stretches last season with Biyombo on the floor, they're going to miss having a real defensive stopper in the middle. They're a perimeter-oriented team and they may feel like they need the personnel to win grind-it-out games and make a deal like this if Boston is ahead of them in the standings. This would be the best way for them to get a vet that replaces (upgrades) Biyombo, so they would be committing to winning now and not being cheap, not matching a guy like Biyombo's contract can send the wrong signs to star players. Toronto's the one team in the east that didn't get better on paper this year and everyone's predicting them to slide, they might have to make a move to get back to the conference finals.

The Knicks get the three youngest players in the trade, get deeper, and don't get a player back with as many years remaining as Noah. The team gets the option to run more lineups with Melo at 4 and Porzingis at 5 (could very well be the best look) and get more going in transition. I think there's a good chance we'll see Porzingis struggle more against stretch 4s than legit 5s and we'll realize that having him guard 4s on the perimeter isn't the best way to use his athleticism; keeping him near the rim as a shotblocker is.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Re: Noah to Toronto

Postby nazrmohamed » October 26, 2016, 4:55 pm

Nobody wants Noah bro. He's a dying breed except for triangle and Princeton style offenses where big men facilitate offenses. He's old, injury prone and gets paid way too much money on to long a deal. He will never be traded until he's an expiring contact.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » October 27, 2016, 1:21 pm

That didn't take long, lol. Said it in another thread: if Noah doesn't pan out here, there will be no market for him til year 4.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby big_j_NY » October 27, 2016, 3:23 pm

spree#8 wrote:That didn't take long, lol. Said it in another thread: if Noah doesn't pan out here, there will be no market for him til year 4.

If the players union and the owners agree to a new CBA with a new amnesty clause, we might not need to worry about that LOL
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Muzhik1 » November 2, 2016, 1:33 pm

Yup, Noah need to be traded before he injures himself. As long as he he grabs close to 10 rebounds, he is tradeble. Then they could move KP to the center.
Muzhik1

Return to Armchair GM