Can Westbrook be had???

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

vino92
Likes given: 0

Would a trade of Rose expiring contract plus our draft pick be enough to get Westbrook?? And would we do it I say YES or do we wait till next year when he becomes a free agent but then have to compete with LA??
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Oh if it were that easy. Try at a minimum Porzingis and the pick and then maybe you could add in Rose.
Nononsense

cragganmor
Likes given: 93

... only at a great price. sam presti doesn't just give away talent and especially with durant leaving as a ufa, he will not make the same mistake twice. anyone that wants westy will have to pay dearly.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

cragganmor wrote:... only at a great price. sam presti doesn't just give away talent and especially with durant leaving as a ufa, he will not make the same mistake twice. anyone that wants westy will have to pay dearly.
Well there is also a catch to this too...........Presti is also trying to avoid the "Carmelo scenario" with Westbrook entering into the upcoming season as well, so he will be pressured into an "unofficial deadline" to trade Westbrook to a team before next season starts.

So Presti might "lose leverage" in trade negotiations if he isn't willing to put himself into a "Carmelo scenario" for all of next season.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

We had Jose last year...I'm grateful for Rose.....Russ is going to Boston fellas
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Actually I don't think Westbrook is going anywhere. I think the Thunder are gonna take a step back but still be competetive this year while the Thunder pretend to be taking things under consideration. I think Westbrook will indeed test free agency only to return along with a newly signed Blake Griffin and a new dynamic duo will be born, with plenty of nice side pieces around then.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

nazrmohamed wrote:Actually I don't think Westbrook is going anywhere. I think the Thunder are gonna take a step back but still be competetive this year while the Thunder pretend to be taking things under consideration. I think Westbrook will indeed test free agency only to return along with a newly signed Blake Griffin and a new dynamic duo will be born, with plenty of nice side pieces around then.
I see this as the most likely chance as well.........but the decision will go down to the last minute before OKC management decides, "Ok Russ, you can stay for the season." But you darn well know that OKC management will be exploring every single trade scenario for Westbrook 24/7 until that time comes.
Nononsense

Bottom line: If Westbrook is coming here, it needs to be next summer where we outright sign him rather than give up valuable commodities just to have him here a few months earlier. See the Melo trade.
noypi
Likes given: 24

Yes, Westbrook can be had if:

1. Knicks make the playoffs;
2. Get to the ECF; or
3. Get to 2nd round but lose in game 7.

We must impress Westbrook so that he may at least consider us in next offseason.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/