Knicks going after Durant????

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

vino92
Likes given: 0

Is that even possiable Its know that Melo and Durant are good friends and KD loves Porzingis game and think highly of him but its also know he wont go to a team without a bonafide PG So how about this crazy idea What if we trade Lopez and O'Quinn to the Bulls for Rose. Our Starting 5 could be Porzingis at Center, Melo at PF, KD at SF, Rose and Grant or Woten at Guard Am I crazy or does that sound like a pretty good team one that should excel at an up-tempo game
maxmet

I dont know how an offense works with both melo and durant on the floor

Does seem - per RealGM - that Lopez and OQuinn for Rose works under the cap rules. But is that the best Chicago can get for Rose?

I suppose in this flight of fantasy I can imagine that if one first traded for Rose and then said to Durant come to NY and play with Rose and Melo and Porzingis.....

Durant would be leaving a better competitive situation, I think, and clearly a better tax situation in Texas.

Seems intensely unlikely to me - but you knew that - still amusing to imagine for a few mins
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

vino92 wrote:Is that even possiable Its know that Melo and Durant are good friends and KD loves Porzingis game and think highly of him but its also know he wont go to a team without a bonafide PG So how about this crazy idea What if we trade Lopez and O'Quinn to the Bulls for Rose. Our Starting 5 could be Porzingis at Center, Melo at PF, KD at SF, Rose and Grant or Woten at Guard Am I crazy or does that sound like a pretty good team one that should excel at an up-tempo game
Hmm Rose really isn't good anymore and to much of a injury risk. If we trade Rolo I rather get Teague from the Hawks. The risk you have there is Kp body holding up at Center. How will he fare on defense at center over a complete season there...

Jeff
grant/Gallo
KD
Melo
KP
Fxck Adam Silver
vino92

The one guy on the Knicks I'm not concerned about is KP besides today NBA centers play more like strecth fours as for Rose because of his History most teams wont take a chance and The Bulls are not going to resign Noah and Gasol a free agent so they need a center my Biggest concern is Rose will a change of scenery plus a more up-tempo offense bring back some of the old Rose WTH even a 75% Rose is better than anyone we have. Like I said interesting as for Teague don't think Atlanta looking to trade what is there best player under a reasonable contract Its Rose or Bust :) As for KD he's not gonna sign anything more than a one year deal like everyone else he waiting till next year when the money gets crazy. PS if Rose doesn't work out there Westbrook next year :) One last Thing to answer your question how Melo and Durant would work I think they would be terrffic Melo better suited to PF at this stage of his career and him and KD playing an inside out game would be Killer
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

They aren't and it doesn't matter if they try because Durant and Melo would be horrible together. Plus it looks like Durant will take a Lebron 2 year deal type contract and stay in OKC.

Move on. Nothing to see here.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
shakespeare

How can the acquisition of a perennial All-NBA player to the team be a bad thing? What do y'all think it takes to win games in the league? Durant is arguably the 3rd or 4th best player in the entire league, a former MVP winner, and he would be a bad fit for the team that can't make the playoffs? What in the world. I'm confused. Isn't this what Phil Jackson was brought to New York to do -- sign the top players in the league in free agency.

So Melo really is the problem? Cause it can't be Durant.

If I recall correctly, Aldridge would've been a bad fit as well. Yet, Spurs just went from a 55 win to a 67 win team after signing Aldridge.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

vino92 wrote: to the Bulls for Rose.
Rose was on my fantasy team, so believe me when I say he's no longer a "bonafide" point guard. He hasn't averaged over 5 assists per game in like 3 seasons. On any given night he's known to have more turnovers than assists. He doesn't get to the line, shoots under 30% beyond the arc, and his field goal percentage is something like 41% these past two seasons. Not to mention he only plays three-fourth of the season. Not to mention he makes $21 million next season. Not to mention he won't be resigned the following season and we'll still need a bonafide point guard.

I'm surprised at you, Vino. You recently dragged Wroten's subpar percentages yet describe Rose as authentic, genuine, real, true, actual.
#TeamTank
vino92

No I see stats just as you do and I don't see Rose as a PG never have to me his a combo guard and I know he's not the player he was but sometimes a change of scenery and two years removed from a second horrific injury you see the player come back to being close to his former self Remember when three years ago everyone thought D Wade was done because of his knee issues Look I know its a risk but I believe Rose in an up-tempo system with a true point like Grant or Wroten might surprise us, risk of course but its only a 2 year risk and what are we giving up Lopez and O'Quinn I take the shot Also I don't see how you can say Melo and KD can't work together I think there perfect for each other you move Melo to the PF where he much faster than most PF and you have KD who taller than most SF they would create match up nightmare besides which a front court of Melo KD and Porzingis would be insane in it outside inside game with two attacking PG WTF if it was me I would sign LIn and pare him with Rose That starting 5 makes it at the very least the second best team in the East Look I never though we had a chance to improve this quicly but if we have any shot at KD then I go after Rose and Lin
DrJ6

vino92 wrote:Rose and Grant or Woten at Guard
If Rose and Wroten become our starting backcourt I want to be credited as a guy who coined the term "ACL Brothers".
"Tom Thibodeau had a great saying about our teams in New York: 'Maybe beaten, never out-competed.'"
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Trading López for Rose would expose KP I wouldn't do it and neither will Phil. Lopez"s contract is so good and you guys are obsessed with trading him??? He has one of the best contacts in the league.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
vino92

Lopez is the best chip besides Melo that we have and Porzingis natural position is Center especially the way the Modern game is played He's already a better rebounder and defender shooter and because of his ability to shoot from the outside will unclog the lane so that our guards and forward can attack and kick out to the open man. Have you guys forgotten what D'Antoni system looks like it what made Lin so effect the ability to push the ball to penetrate and kick it out to the open WTF it made Fields ad Novak look like NBA players What do you think that would do for a Melo (who has his head on straight) and Porzingis to say nothing if we get lucky and get KD this system is perfect for this team if we can get those players So yes trade Lopes and take a shot at a backcourt of Rose Lin Wroten and Grant Unleash the Dam Horses!!!!
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 794

This isn't MVP Rose we would be getting... so this is a horrible trade in my book. When Lopez was given minutes he was one of our best players last season. I know that might explain our terrible season, but let us keep the players that actually perfomed unless we get a trade offer we cannot refuse and D Rose aint that...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Mr3037

Hmmm Knicks trading for a 'star' player coming off knee injuries........what could go wrong I say!!!!!!!

NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
vino92

There one other advantage to trading Lopez and O'Quinn for Rose if things don't work out Rose 20 mil comes off the books and the 2017 free agent class in much deeper with quality player, also not to be redundant but you have no chance at signing KD unless you improve your roster. Also you couldn't get MVP Rose for Lopez Jock Strap, so lets get a little real. We don't need Lopez at Center we have Porzingis and I don't give a shit how well he played on a shit team Is there anybody where allowed to trade on this team without you guys getting your panties up in a bunch??? Oh wait Calderon who you couldn't get a bag of peanuts for
Red

The Mecca of Mess
vino92

I bet my man thought he had it lol good one Red
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 62

I think our front line is set vino-niner-two.

Depth is a need and I'd love to get Noah on a cheap two-year deal. D-Will is a piece. Enough depth in the backcourt to move a few and raise the keepers properly. Durant Melo and KP is not going to work. Not as starters anyways. I'm certain that I've smoked briskets heavier than KP and KDs combined weight.
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
Rusty La Rue

What I do not understand Vino is how does this trade make us better? In my book we are worse off if we trade Lopez and O'Quinn for D Rose... Unless you are going for full rebuild then if makes sense as he is an expiring contract...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
vino92

Its Risk vs reward O'Quin nothing the question is can we live without Lopez I think we can because I believe that Porzingis best position Rose in a gamble but a small one if the change of scenery and an offense more suited to his talents doesn't revive his game we have his salary come off the books in a free agent year where its full of good players Lopez a ok center but on the type of system this coach runs you need an Amare type someone that can pop from the outside like Porzingis Lopez doesn't fit and I would take a chance on a guy that before he got hurt was a top 5 player in this league sometimes it takes 2 full years to get over that kind of surgery so yeah I would roll the dice
Last edited by vino92 on June 3rd, 2016, 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rusty La Rue

Okay Vino that makes sense... I have just given up on Rose and therefore I feel it is a pure rebuild move... but that could also makes sense...