Knicks going after Durant????

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Knicks going after Durant????

Postby shakespeare » June 3, 2016, 12:08 pm

vino92 wrote: but sometimes a change of scenery and two years removed from a second horrific injury you see the player come back to being close to his former self

Well, why didn't you say the exact same for Tony Wroten instead of dissing his percentages?

Politics?
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby vino92 » June 3, 2016, 1:15 pm

No reality because Rose was a top 5 player Wroten not even top 500 all his ever been is a bench player but that being said I also think he would do better in this system I just find it hard to believe he will ever be more than what he's always been Lets be real 75% of Rose runs circle around Wroten Its a one year gamble with no downside if we get lucky he resurrects his career like D Wade and for those of you old enough B King both players where thought to be done both players after a few years removed from surgery came back to be not what they where but good players and if it doesn't work out we have his cap come off the books and we have another 20 mil to spend in a very deep free agent class So where the downside Lopez I don't see that as a downside I rather have the money we pay him used on another free agents that fills our needs better We simply don't need him
vino92

Postby big_j_NY » June 3, 2016, 5:07 pm

vino92 wrote:No reality because Rose was a top 5 player Wroten not even top 500 all his ever been is a bench player but that being said I also think he would do better in this system I just find it hard to believe he will ever be more than what he's always been Lets be real 75% of Rose runs circle around Wroten Its a one year gamble with no downside if we get lucky he resurrects his career like D Wade and for those of you old enough B King both players where thought to be done both players after a few years removed from surgery came back to be not what they where but good players and if it doesn't work out we have his cap come off the books and we have another 20 mil to spend in a very deep free agent class So where the downside Lopez I don't see that as a downside I rather have the money we pay him used on another free agents that fills our needs better We simply don't need him

So was Amare Stoudemire at one point..........look where the fuck he is now, and he had a change of scenery as well.

If broken knees have diminished the "elite aspect" of your game, no change of scenery will revive your career.

NONE, Derrick Rose is not excused from this..........HE'S NO LONGER AN ELITE PLAYER
#KnicksTape
#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby vino92 » June 4, 2016, 9:16 am

Lol like I said you couldn't get Rose jock strap for Lopez if he was still an Elite player get real. Will he ever be a top 5 No never but can he still be a quailty player I'm not sure but like I said they where saying the same about D wade and B King some do some don't what do we have to lose Lopez and O'Quinn Please!! besides we may be able to pry away a McDermott or Snell in the deal both of whom would do better in the new coach system
vino92

Postby cragganmor » June 11, 2016, 11:52 pm

so the cure for a roster overloaded with frontcourt talent is another forward?
cragganmor

Postby vino92 » June 12, 2016, 12:14 pm

Lets be Real you would take Durant I don't care how frontcourt loaded we are you do know were taiking top 5 player besides a frontcourt of Melo KD and Porzingis doesn't need much of a backcourt
vino92

Postby Championship 16/17 » June 15, 2016, 7:06 am

I'm actually starting to see Kevin Durants possibly joining the New York Knicks; it's the greatest stage for him to be on next year. The knicks can't sniff the playoffs the last two seasons, if Kevin Durant joins the team and they make the playoffs, all that success is his. But will it be in disguise, KP will definitely improve next season, and Melo continues to improve all faucet of game, mainly passing and rebounding to give the team a more balanced Melo, not one who just scores. Melo would be a second option, an option that puts less pressure on him with his age. An option that he will thrive in bc he isn't getting other teams best defender. I also think Melo would hand over the keys to the city to Durant. And also interesting factor is Kristaps Prozingis, who will play Center and destroy the competition b/c he can be a stretch 5, a unicorn. When he is ready to be that second option, Melo nicely fits in that 3rd option role in 2 years. But Kevin Durant gets New York, he gets Knicks back in the playoffs he will be the MVP next season, he hates being number 2 and what team could you win on to be #1. The combination of Melo, Durant, and KP will be devastating. Durant played the 4 position guarding Draymond Green in the finalS, he is starting to see what the NBA is coming too, he finally showing his tarantula length and skills, he is not just a 3 man/ he and Melo can.constantly switch with the 3/4 position.

People talk about trading our bigs to fill the gaps on positions we need. I disagree with that, look at OKC, they have a nice big man rotation that almost won them the series with Golden States small ball. Keep Lopez and Quinn and bring them off the bench, substituting Melo and KP.

Arron Affalo & Derick William would have to opt out, but we could sign Durant str8 up. I hear Jordan Clarkson first two annual salaries is less than 6 mil before it pumps up to 20 plus million the third and fourth year , so still room to sign him depending on what Durants max starts at.Also you could still get Lance Stephenson with a package of Jose Calderon, the 2nd round pick center from Spain, and Jerian Grant. If they keep the team option. Especially if there PG decides to leave, Calderon is good insurance.

Can you imagine

1. Jordan Carkson
2. Lance Stephenson
3. Kevin Durant
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Kristaps Porzingis

Bench
1. Tony Wroten
2. Galloway
3. ?
4. Kyle Quinn
5. Robin Lopez

Kevin Durant.is willing to go where

1. Lakers, no, KP is a better prospects then anything the Lakers have. The #2nd pick is not ready, not enough.
2. Spurs, no, they just beat the spurs and I think to go after Mike Conley instead
3.Miami, no, KD doesn't want to pull a Lebron James
4.Washington Wizards, my gut tells me no, he wants the biggest market the biggest stage
5. OKC, maybe, but people debate who is really the best player on that team, Durant wants to be #1

I really think he comes to New York, KP.is the future, will never get traded. Melo has the trade clause, which is appealing to Durant bc he knows he will be there with him for the next 3 seasons. Phil attracts a big free agent

EVERYBODY WINS!
Championship 16/17

Postby vino92 » June 15, 2016, 11:46 am

Glad to see someone else see the light, but I don't agree with Lance and don't believe Clarkson leaves Lakers I still see Lopez and Quinn as trading chips and the trade I would take a chance on is sending them to Chicago for Rose and Snell Starting 5 Rose Wroten Melo KD and KP bench Snell Gallo Grant
vino92

Postby Don Che » June 16, 2016, 10:43 pm

KP and Melo aren't strong enough to demand the paint in the playoffs

Russell is a top 5 player in the planet.

Kd stays.

It might be easier building a winner without him.
Don Che

Previous

Return to Armchair GM