Cavs, Boston, and Knicks discuss trade (Melo and Love)?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Cavs, Boston, and Knicks discuss trade (Melo and Love)?

Postby nazrmohamed » February 13, 2016, 11:30 am

The reason I see it happening is because everybody knows about Melos no trade clause already. So if there any discussion being had its because Melos basically had internal discussion that listed Cleveland as one of those places he'd waive his clause for.

If I were the Knicks Id be talking to Boston about a backup plan where we get the same package from Boston but instead Boston lands Griffin and we send Melo to LA.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Minkaveli » February 13, 2016, 11:37 am

@NYPost_Berman

Anthony sounds like losing patience but NBA source says #Knicks had no conversations with Boston-Cleve about Melo. http://nyp.st/241swlS

@SBondyNYDN

Carmelo Anthony, who owns a no-trade clause, tells @SiriusXMNBA, "I'm not going anywhere."
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby Minkaveli » February 13, 2016, 11:47 am

@NYPost_Berman

Angry Melo on Sirius: "Always some trade crap going around now. I"m not going anywhere."
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby cragganmor » February 13, 2016, 11:48 am

i doubt if he's had that conversation with phil, but ultimately the only franchises i can see him agreeing to are lakers, clips, cavs and bulls, possibly miami. i don't think the alignment is there with assets, so a third team would need to get involved.
cragganmor

Postby shakespeare » February 13, 2016, 12:07 pm

Red wrote:
After drafting Durant and trading Allen they went 20-62.

GS went 23-43 the year they traded Ellis.

Of course they didn't get better one season later. LMAO. That's not how it works, Red.

Seattle built around Durant.
Golden State built around Curry.
Memphis built around Marc Gasol.
New York builds around Porzingis.
Last edited by shakespeare on February 13, 2016, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 13, 2016, 12:20 pm

Red wrote:Memphis' window has opened and closed with no chip.

"Negative effects," "every team got worse," and "did not make the team better."

Those were your original statements.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Don Che » February 13, 2016, 1:25 pm

Isola saw a trade with the cavs and Celsius

And in his own mind added the knicks...he's basically the media version of Vino

Except ppl like you guys listen...Isola is blacklisted and hasn't had a source since the early 2000s.

If Ian or Woj said it...than fine I'll listen moment I saw Isola I just scrolled to see if u guys believed his sh*t.

He gets us every time but hasn't provided any Intel worth having. The knicks being bad and having drama puts a lot of food on ppls plates because ppl click it.
Don Che

Postby Red » February 13, 2016, 1:34 pm

shakespeare wrote:Of course they didn't get better one season later. LMAO. That's not how it works, Red.

Seattle built around Durant.
Golden State built around Curry.
Memphis built around Marc Gasol.
New York builds around Porzingis.

I know that's not how it works Shakes.

Do you think the Knicks agreed to Melo's NTC to trade him in hopes of building around KP? No because they signed him first right? And now that they have acquired KP and have seen him through more than half a nba season, you think they've changed their mind? That James Dolan and the f.o. think they can acquire something to "build around" KP better than Carmelo Anthony instead of with him? Especially given the change in Melo's game that compliments KP? Obviously not imo.

Until the Knicks have the opportunity to upgrade the SF position above Melo he won't even be considered for a trade. Because that's what you and other posters want, doesn't make it more true. When you can illustrate an offer that upgrades the SF position get back to us.

How many of the trades you mentioned were big-market teams trading their star player a year after offering a deal with a NTC? Some of this is also actually business right? You think the Knicks would rather not win the chip with or without Melo. My guess is they'd rather keep him. Sorry I know it's torture for you. :angry:

Perhaps Porzingis can convince a nice FA to finally sign this summer. :? You think potential fa's would rather team with KP & Melo or KP alone? Lmao.
It's a pathetic race at the bottom of the Eastern Conference, and the Knicks are in the middle of it fighting for the chance to get eliminated in the first round.
Red

Postby nazrmohamed » February 13, 2016, 2:09 pm

If Melo gets hurt ( oh wait he already is) or drastically depreciates in the next season or so and we're stuck waiting for Pirzingis to be the star he's supposed to be, surrounded by mediocre talent intended to compliment Anthony I'm gonna remember you Red.

Cause notice you didn't mention Durant or anyone better than Anthony. It sounds like you literally wanna watch Melo age till the very end hoping that along the way KP emerges as some star. And that will happen, I believe that. But we'll have to wait and Melo will depreciate along the way. I'd venture to guess Melo degrades at the same rate as KP upgrades, so that in essence their impact as a pair is no greater than it is right now. In other words KP will be as consistent a star as Melo has been this year and Melo is as consistent a talent as KP is now. And to me that's a best case scenario. I'm watching Melo need more and more rest, take games off with nagging injuries.

And this is the pairing that people feel just simply adding a better pg will help us contend with? Now you get Durant or let's say even a lesser but still awesome talent like Derozen then ok. But we're not trending to attract those. We're trending to add players at Afflalo and Rolos impact. Guys signed with 2010 Melo in mind, not 2017,18,19.

If this trade is real then Phil needs to sell Melo that he could actually go win somewhere, but it's not gonna happen for him here. And trust me Red, cause you've accused me before. I held your stance as early as this summer and then I watched us land role players, and I saw Carmelo play. This recent behavior by him would've been more impressive if he weren't doing it out of total need. People hate Melo ball? Don't worry folks, he isn't capable of it anymore. And people have noticed, let's capitalize on it.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » February 13, 2016, 3:01 pm

we can't trade him..he wont leave lol

Why cant you guys just see that. His kids and wife love New York and I know you guys all talk legacy and all but he's about his business and family..he has a max contract deal..a wife that isnt complaining.

We will build this team with Melo and KP being the focal points. The worse Melo gets the better the other players will have to be. Like i said..he will grow to be...the Pierce of this group.

Build the timeline for KP because we wont have the chance to win a ring next year anyway.
Don Che

Postby H20Knick » February 13, 2016, 4:31 pm

I don't see there being a snowballs chance in hell of Melo wanting to waive his NTC for cleveland. No one wants to live in cleveland, and cleveland's roster still isn't very inspiring with Irivng/Lebron/Melo and scrubcity.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby StevoStarks » February 13, 2016, 4:40 pm

Whether or not it's going to happen, and I agree that it won't, how many of you are interested in this trade? I'll admit it, I am.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Muzhik1 » February 13, 2016, 5:50 pm

I want more than picks for Carmelo. They should give us Isaiah Thomas. We need a point guard. This trade is unrealistic, because Boston and Cavs probably want this trade with Knicks getting protected picks. Any picks for Carmelo must be unprotected.
Muzhik1

Postby taowave » February 13, 2016, 5:57 pm

Irving,Lebron,Melo is not a little inspiring??

What's it gonna take to inspire you..

If Bron came to NY,would you be inspired?

H20Knick wrote:I don't see there being a snowballs chance in hell of Melo wanting to waive his NTC for cleveland. No one wants to live in cleveland, and cleveland's roster still isn't very inspiring with Irivng/Lebron/Melo and scrubcity.
taowave

Postby Don Che » February 13, 2016, 6:09 pm

I'm 1000% interested but the source is what made me look the other way....he only says what gets him clicks.

Why can't there be stats on media rumors...if there was i wonder how many would stay afloat
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » February 13, 2016, 6:15 pm

Don Che wrote:we can't trade him..he wont leave lol

Why cant you guys just see that. His kids and wife love New York and I know you guys all talk legacy and all but he's about his business and family..he has a max contract deal..a wife that isnt complaining.

We will build this team with Melo and KP being the focal points. The worse Melo gets the better the other players will have to be. Like i said..he will grow to be...the Pierce of this group.

Build the timeline for KP because we wont have the chance to win a ring next year anyway.

Problem is the Pierce you're talking about and the one I've even compared Melo to got Garnett and Allen. And that's why it was ok he wasn't the sane player he was. Could focus on just being clutch. The situation you described is more like Pierce the year before that happened. Well it happenn here? The same people who hate the idea of trading Memo also hate the Idea of bringing in other stars.

The closest thing I can relate Melo and KP to is David Robinson and Duncan and both of our players aren't even close. It's just not happening. Kp and Melo ate never gonna be a contending pair. Melo could if you could get current stars here, KP can be if we start building now for a time 5-7 years away. But as a pair never.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » February 13, 2016, 6:15 pm

Don Che wrote:I'm 1000% interested but the source is what made me look the other way....he only says what gets him clicks.

Why can't there be stats on media rumors...if there was i wonder how many would stay afloat

SAS and Peter Vescey would be fantasy champions.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby shakespeare » February 13, 2016, 7:04 pm

Red wrote:
You think potential fa's would rather team with KP & Melo or KP alone? Lmao.

I couldn't understand why you laughed at this, seeing as how Carmelo Anthony couldn't get a single prized free agent to sign here. Not one. Think about that for a second. All-Star player couldn't get ANYONE worthwhile to play in NY with him. So that says lesser about the star player than the rook, don't you think?

In reality, you're laughing at Melo.

Lastly, this is no longer Melo's team. That dream is over. This is Kristaps Porzingis' team!
Last edited by shakespeare on February 13, 2016, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby H20Knick » February 13, 2016, 7:05 pm

taowave wrote:Irving,Lebron,Melo is not a little inspiring??

What's it gonna take to inspire you..

If Bron came to NY,would you be inspired?

Honestly, with the rest of our roster? no.

Does anyone really think that the Cavs have a chance winning a title this year? I don't think so. I don't think swapping Love for Melo is the ticket for them. Love is a good scapegoat because he doesn't play defense and he's no longer assertive, but I don't think he's nearly as useless as everyone makes him out to be. His stats in Minny weren't worthless. 26ppg, 12.5rpg, 4.4apg and 40 wins in the western conference for the minnesota timberwolves? That's not worthless stat padding. The guy can play basketball at an extremely high level and contribute to his team winning games. The Cavs just don't have an identity... or what identity they do have is the complete antithesis of Kevin Love's style of play. Chris Bosh looked equally as worthless when he transitioned from franchise player to lebron's sidekick. And of course, you're not allowed to blame lebron, so they blame the big that sacrificed being a go-to-guy to be lebron's bitch scapegoat.

If lebron came to NY, sure i'd be inspired by a potential Lebron/Melo/Kristaps frontcourt. That's a huge upgrade for us. It's a much bigger upgrade than going from Love to Melo in Cleveland. The most positive effect it would have on Cleveland would actually probably be Melo inspiring Lebron to take his game to a higher level. When was the last time you watched Lebron play and actually thought "oh yeah, this is clearly the best player in the league". It's been a while.

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby H20Knick » February 13, 2016, 7:08 pm

shakespeare wrote:
I couldn't understand why you laughed at this, seeing as how Carmelo Anthony couldn't a single prized free agent to sign here. Not one. Think about that for a second. An All-Star player couldn't get ANYONE worthwhile to play in NY with him. So that says lesser about the star player than the rook, don't you think?

In reality, you're laughing at Melo.

Also, this is no longer Melo's team. That dream is over. This is Kristaps Porzingis' team!

Ewing couldn't get a free agent here either you know. Players want money, a winning team, and low expectations. The Knicks play in a state with an insane tax rate, field a team that no rising star is old enough to remember them as a good team, and have the most unrealistic fanbase there is. Now, on top of all that, now there's a triangle offense that no AAU bred player wants to play in.

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

PreviousNext

Return to Armchair GM