Cavs, Boston, and Knicks discuss trade (Melo and Love)?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

H20Knick wrote:When was the last time you watched Lebron play and actually thought "oh yeah, this is clearly the best player in the league". It's been a while.
Well actually, he proved in the Finals last season that he was clearly the best player in the league. I cut him slack, though. The amount of games he's played over the course of the past 5 seasons calls for slack, in my humble opinion.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

H20Knick wrote:
Ewing couldn't get a free agent here either you know.
That's not true.

Allan Houston and Larry Johnson quickly come to mind. Charles Smith, as bad as he was, signed as a free agent. I think.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Camby was a free agent, too.
#TeamTank
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

shakespeare wrote: That's not true.

Allan Houston and Larry Johnson quickly come to mind. Charles Smith, as bad as he was, signed as a free agent. I think.
We traded Anthony Mason for Larry Johnson...
H20 is my guy, but he wasn't the level of free agent that we lust after during FA.

Melo got Kidd, sheed, kmart, marcus camby!, tyson chandler, jr smith, afflalo, and robin lopez. Not sure if anyone on that list besides jr smith comes here otherwise
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Red

shakespeare wrote: I couldn't understand why you laughed at this, seeing as how Carmelo Anthony couldn't get a single prized free agent to sign here. Not one. Think about that for a second. All-Star player couldn't get ANYONE worthwhile to play in NY with him. So that says lesser about the star player than the rook, don't you think?

In reality, you're laughing at Melo.

Lastly, this is no longer Melo's team. That dream is over. This is Kristaps Porzingis' team!
I laughed because:
1. No FA wants to come here anyway, but if they did...
2. They'd much rather team with KP and Melo than with KP alone which brings me to
3. You actually think this is KP'S team and he could carry us (really?) at this point
4. And this...
H20Knick wrote: Ewing couldn't get a free agent here either you know.Players want money, a winning team, and low expectations. The Knicks play in a state with an insane tax rate, field a team that no rising star is old enough to remember them as a good team, and have the most unrealistic fanbase there is. Now, on top of all that, now there's a triangle offense that no AAU bred player wants to play in.
The rumor is bogus (we're now in the armchair section) and your reasoning is weak considering the factors.

But since we'll have $ this summer KP the leader can attract the top talent Melo couldn't. Surely we'll be competitive right?
The Mecca of Mess
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

When it was revealed that isola is a lying fuck.

cheftom
Likes given: 3

We want to trade Melo because he is on the down side of his career and might have recurring knee problems.

A lot of other teams want his max contract and will offer us tons of top young talent for him.

And Melo is just itching to take on the scapegoat role in Cleveland.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
washingtonparkjones

Don Che wrote:And in his own mind added the knicks...he's basically the media version of Vino.
lol
marcuscamby23
Likes given: 1

shakespeare wrote:Allan Houston and Larry Johnson quickly come to mind. Charles Smith, as bad as he was, signed as a free agent. I think.
We traded Mason for Johnson and Smith came over with Doc Rivers and Bo Kimble in the Mark Jackson trade.
shakespeare wrote:Camby was a free agent, too.
We traded Oakley to Toronto for Camby the first time we got Camby. He was a free agent the second time.