Lance Stephenson

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Lance Stephenson

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 9, 2016, 12:46 pm

I think the knicks should put a package together for Lance Stephenson and C.J Wilcox. We need depth at the SG position, and Lance & Affalo give us solid starting material at that position. C.J Wilcox can play the Sasha role when he is not signed next year.Also if we get Thibs, he has two defensive SG to work with and I believe he can elevate their game like he did for Jimmy Butler. Let's solidify that position now and in the off season focus on a point guard. This will also allow greater dept at PG with Galloway and Jerian Grant being the 2nd and 3rd point on the team as well
Championship 16/17

Re: Lance Stephenson

Postby StevoStarks » February 9, 2016, 3:31 pm

Lance Stephenson and Blake Griffin for Melo and someone else.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 9, 2016, 3:48 pm

NO.........Carmelo stays. NO Starters included besides Calderon. And omit Derrick William, Kyle Quinn, and Galloway....everyone else is available
Championship 16/17

Postby nazrmohamed » February 9, 2016, 3:57 pm

I like Lance but more as a piece that can help us right now. I mean, Id love to keep him but Im not gonna go comparing him to Butler. I just think that with our current PG situation having a SG who essentially can playmake like a PG would be useful. And obviously I wish that PG were Langston Galloway. You simply could not tell me that Galloway wouldn't be our best option if the guy standing next to him can handle the ball too.

But even with Stephensen Id be trying to land Derozen. Worst case Lance is my sixth man or even better, we play a smaller lineup with Lance and Derozen on the wings and Melo at the four. All three players are gritty, would then be very athletic and quick for their positions and can spread the floor. KP might come back strong enough to spend more time at the five.

In any case , I agree. We should get Lance. Id trade Seraphin and a second rounder for him right now.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby big_j_NY » February 9, 2016, 4:19 pm

Lance makes $8M, nazr. The Seraphin trade would never work due to salary calculations, and I doubt Rivers would entertain the idea of Jose Calderon as CP3's backup considering he has his own son doing that job now, as well as the homie Priggy Smalls (Pablo).

The trade that would realistically make sense in this case.............unfortunately Aaron Affalo's $8M ass with his possible player option for next season.

That being said, Doc Rivers is so fed up with Stephenson......he probably would get the team to trade Lance for a bag of peanuts if possible.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » February 9, 2016, 5:24 pm

Id offer Afflalo and a second rounder to sweeten the deal. I've seen decent players get traded for second rounders all the time these days. Afflalo gives them a veteran glue guy off the bench, and the pick makes up for the extra year. We get to gamble a bit. To me is worth the gamble.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Mr3037 » February 9, 2016, 6:06 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Id offer Afflalo and a second rounder to sweeten the deal. I've seen decent players get traded for second rounders all the time these days. Afflalo gives them a veteran glue guy off the bench, and the pick makes up for the extra year. We get to gamble a bit. To me is worth the gamble.

I'd be willing to run with that....

Also just read that we are still monitoring Jennings so how about we make a play for both?

NYK get Jennings, Stephenson, Dinwiddie
DET get Calderon, O'Quinn, Grant
LAC get Afflalo & 2nd round pick

Trade works the only problem would be getting the other teams to bite!
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby NYGM » February 9, 2016, 6:17 pm

Wich Lance would we get?.. Pacer's Lance?..

The guy struggled in Charlotte.. Could backfire big time..

Also could show if Rambis is for real getting the best from him..

I'm positive that Thibs could get him back into his best form.. But who can say Kurt can't?.. Let's see...
NYGM

Postby NYGM » February 9, 2016, 6:22 pm

Mr3037 wrote:I'd be willing to run with that....

Also just read that we are still monitoring Jennings so how about we make a play for both?

NYK get Jennings, Stephenson, Dinwiddie
DET get Calderon, O'Quinn, Grant
LAC get Afflalo & 2nd round pick

Trade works the only problem would be getting the other teams to bite!

Wait, wait.. Jennings and Lance?.. Our talent level just goes thru the roof..

Dream scenario IMO.. Both are in the last year of their contracts and seem to have someting to prove.. Both will love to play for the knicks..

Both have some baggage, Jennings seems to be settle down and matured a lot.. Lance is a wild card right now..
NYGM

Postby Mr3037 » February 9, 2016, 7:38 pm

NYGM wrote:Wait, wait.. Jennings and Lance?.. Our talent level just goes thru the roof..

Dream scenario IMO.. Both are in the last year of their contracts and seem to have someting to prove.. Both will love to play for the knicks..

Both have some baggage, Jennings seems to be settle down and matured a lot.. Lance is a wild card right now..

Exactly the reasons I'd push to make this happen but the chances are slim to none I'd say.
Knicks brass have never been as creative or determined as NYKFP members!

Jennings, Stephenson, Melo, KP, Rolo - I'd be pretty happy with that!
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 9, 2016, 7:46 pm

I agree with Narz and Big J.

Narz made a very good point about Lance play making skills that I didn't even consider. He also made a good point about centering the package around Seraphin. I would rather have Derozan as well, but I think he signs with Toronto. But solidifying the SG position with Lance, who can be acquired, based off Big J point about Doc being fed up with him. You get a player who has the ability to compete with all-star SGs when he is playing at his best. His stock is low right now, but we should bring him back home and watch is stock rise with Thibs at the helm. I don't think we have the assets to acquire an all-star caliber PG (wait for off season) so we should focus on what we can obtain, a quality SG, which seems to be extinct in this league now.

But you don't trade Affalo for him, to me it's counterproductive. You don't trade any starter outside of Calderon or DW, KQ, and LG, everyone else is good to make it work. We need both Lance & Affalo battling the Derozan, the Klay Thompsons, and the James Hardens, the Jimmy Butler.

Our depth would be very good, who has two quality SG, one starting and on coming off the bench, we don't lose a beat. That's the goal here.
Championship 16/17

Postby big_j_NY » February 9, 2016, 7:55 pm

Lance is someone you get for a salary dump RIGHT NOW..............I disagree with you on Lance as a long-term option. Lance has too much JR Smith in him, and it shows since he left Indiana that his punkass can't get it together. Lance Stephenson has proven to NOBODY that he deserves to be a starting SG in the league

For the remainder of this season, yes go ahead and trade for Lance. But in the off-season, he is the last person I'd think about contacting for a contract.

That is why the Affalo or even a shocking Calderon trade makes more sense, you're dumping future salary here.

Derozan is the main prize here, we would just use Lance to warm the seat for him
Last edited by big_j_NY on February 9, 2016, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Mr3037 » February 9, 2016, 7:57 pm

The overall goal would be DeRozan starting and 1 of Lance or AA backing him up.

Although if we could part with KOQ or Jose to get him then yeah go for it.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby Mr3037 » February 9, 2016, 7:59 pm

Truthfully I am still praying we somehow land Jennings!

Still wish we drafted him
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 9, 2016, 8:35 pm

I was unaware of Lance contract being a team option next season. We are going to need a third team to acquire him now....clippers will not take on additional salary. There will be no salary dump for Affalo, clippers would have to get back a way better player to take on his salary.

You sign Lance to the same cheap deal you gave Derrick Williams when his contract ends. Obviously after we bypassed my DeRozan and all other legit free agent, he is not.coming here. Do we even have the money to sign a Mac player? We are going to add pieces to this team just how we did last year, starting with Lance. No top 10 free agent is coming if we don't make the playoffs ladies and gents.
Championship 16/17

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 9, 2016, 8:37 pm

And Lance Stephenson doesn't remind me of JR Smith...he reminds me more of Ron Artest, who was very successful under Phil Jackson
Championship 16/17

Postby nazrmohamed » February 9, 2016, 9:05 pm

Well the reason why Lance doesn't work in Charlotte or LA is obvious to me, isn't it to yall? Lance is essentially a PG in a SGs body. Or essentially a ball dominant off guard. This doesn't work well with ball dominant PGs like Kemba and Paul. Especially in pick and roll. .....Lance rather be the creator in the pick and roll, not the guy standing in the corner.

Now in the grand scheme of those teams, who gives a duck about Lance Stephenson. He doesn't hold the stature where anybody should cater to his "play style", nor do I endorse us doing so. But it just so happens we don't have to and that's because our offense already fits his style of play, especially considering the pgs we already have on the roster. Stephenson's ability to handle the ball and create for others would be a welcome sight to our pgs. In Galloway case he can get the ball across, let Lance run the team and literally then himself act as an off guard. He can be as aggresive as he does at SG. In Calderons case, while he does have PG skills and should be able to facilitate; he has no ability to get by anyone and would welcome somebody more aggressive than him in the backcourt.

So basically what I'm saying folks is that Lance fits and by fitting he should play better. And in terms of his behavior, I believe we can keep that under control. I don't think Melo is Fing around with his legacy anymore, I think that while low on skill there's enough good guys in the lockerroom to keep him good, and then theres the Zen. So again, the risk is low and the reward is high. And if your goal was to get Derozen you should continue in that goal regardless of if we got Lance or not. Lance can play three positions, we could find a role for him. And that's why I got no problem listing Afflalo to do so.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » February 17, 2016, 10:18 am

Lance could be a nice, low risk option; rumor is that he's being shipped to orl, who will waive him
cragganmor

Return to Armchair GM