What trades can we make to improve roster

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: What trades can we make to improve roster

Postby Nononsense » January 21, 2016, 10:50 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Nonsense, you said something telling. You said you know he isn't a max player but we need a pg so bad. Well the two aren't one in the same and knocks fans need to stop thinking like that. One shouldn't spend the max on what they need the most, they should spend the max on what they know will make thier system run at its max. And that's an elite wing player for us.

As far as a pg one must simply find a pg better than Calderon. And sure you don't wanna just barely beat him out but he's lower than midtier. Id be happy with slightly above midtier and I think you should be able to get that AFTER we've signed a solid wing.

The type of player I'm talking about plays like Afflalos best nights EVERY night. Especially against the better teams.

Id be happy with Derozen and Beverly. Or Beal and Chalmers. You add that to what we're doing now and I think we're contenders.

You mentioned Derozen/Beverly and Beal/Chalmers… sure, sign me up if you can get them here. You see, I wasn’t saying Conley is the only route.. but it is a legitimate route. As for Derozen or Beal, I just don’t see those guys leaving their situations to come here. But again… if Phil can lure them here, I’m all for it. Notice, I said I’d “consider” offering Conley the max. It’s just a possibility to consider.
Nononsense

Postby nazrmohamed » January 22, 2016, 8:15 am

I think both Beal and Derozen is a reasonable sell. Both pay in small markets and are prime to take that next step in thier marketability. Now I understand that alone doesn't sell but let's face it. How much better ARE thier situations. The Raptors have been swept out of two first rounds in a row and the Wizards are a treadmill team.

I think we'd be offering them a team on the rise in a city ready to embrace another superstar. A star already here and willing to defer and a young sophmore stud
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Nononsense » January 22, 2016, 11:38 am

nazrmohamed wrote:I think both Beal and Derozen is a reasonable sell. Both pay in small markets and are prime to take that next step in thier marketability. Now I understand that alone doesn't sell but let's face it. How much better ARE thier situations. The Raptors have been swept out of two first rounds in a row and the Wizards are a treadmill team.

I think we'd be offering them a team on the rise in a city ready to embrace another superstar. A star already here and willing to defer and a young sophmore stud

I hope you’re right, my friend.
Nononsense

Postby big_j_NY » January 22, 2016, 12:09 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:I think both Beal and Derozen is a reasonable sell. Both pay in small markets and are prime to take that next step in thier marketability. Now I understand that alone doesn't sell but let's face it. How much better ARE thier situations. The Raptors have been swept out of two first rounds in a row and the Wizards are a treadmill team.

Oh the amount of Canadians that would be pissed off by that statement you made there about Toronto being a "small market" (and statistically, Toronto isn't a small market since it is practically Canada's equivalent to NYC)

But yeah nazr, I agree with you otherwise. That being said, we will be competing with the Lakers for Derozen in the off-season........and Derozen is a LA native with the Lakers having max money to offer with Kobe now coming off the cap AND officially retired.

With Derozen, we will have a harder battle acquiring just based on that fact I just pointed out. The Lakers have already marked him as their next potential Kobe Bryant replacement (sorry D'Angelo), and they will be using the "home-town" pitch to bring him in.

Beal wouldn't be hard to acquire but like I've heard from some people in here, his "injury history" is a nice little red mark to keep in mind ESPECIALLY with the Knicks' history of dealing with injury-prone players
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » January 22, 2016, 8:38 pm

If Conley isnt a max player..neither is Derozan and Beal.

2 of those 3 fit what we do...but Batum fits more..and on a better contract. Rolo and Afflalo may help get him since he played with them last year.
Don Che

Postby Nononsense » January 23, 2016, 12:44 am

And call me crazy Naz, but I really think Conley helps this team more than Derozen. Afflalo is solid at the sg spot while Calderon is an eyesore at pg. We need a perimeter defender and playmaker who can also shoot more than anything else, and Conley fits the bill. For the record, I put Conley in that second tier of pg’s along with guys like Lowry and Teague. If we can’t have Curry, Westbrook, or Paul… we need to get the next best thing.
Nononsense

Postby nazrmohamed » January 23, 2016, 11:25 pm

Conley is a good player no doubt but you just said it, Calderon is an eyesore, which is influencing your decision more than it would if we had even a midtier pg right now. Phil should work the phones and get us the pg we need midseason rather than waste our max on one. Now if Beal could be had for less than the max and Conely were willing to take less then hey, im great with that but I know thats not both gonna happen.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby vino92 » January 24, 2016, 10:19 pm

there are two PG that we can get that wont break the bank and both would be an upgrade over Calderon but they both have there own short comings one is Lawson the other is Rubio there salaries are around 12 mil I would prefer Rubio
vino92

Postby Don Che » January 25, 2016, 12:06 am

If u get rubio....u lose money on any free agent this off season

Also rubio is the engine for them. He won't be had for calderon.

Our chemistry is strong and guys play hard. Sign Wroten now...let him sit back and learn and see his progress. If he pans out he helps playmakiNG and defense even tho he can't shoot...still 22/23 years old
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » January 30, 2016, 10:35 am

i don't think there are any major moves in store for the roster; any tinkering we do will be with that 1 open roster spot. than is getting his shot to make his case. bogans is prepping in westchester, he's on deck. as don says, wroten is a good longer term development plan, kind of like lance or gallo; the kid has significant talent getting to the cup. he's just been in an awful developmental situation in philly where they couldn't figure out how to make him much better than his athletic talent. very low risk and high ceiling on a 22 yr old.

any serious roster change would upset the chemistry we do have right now and after so much roster churn the past few seasons, we need some stability. now the playing time and rotations could definitely use tuning, no doubt; we are just under .500 and with the right tweaking and staying healthy, we could be a .600 club the rest of the way.
cragganmor

Postby KnicksRUs » February 3, 2016, 11:26 pm

#AlanHahnHatesThisThread
"Fat chicks need lovin too, but they gotta pay"
KnicksRUs

Postby nazrmohamed » February 3, 2016, 11:45 pm

Id consider calling up the Clippers right now and see what they want for Lance Stephensen. And I know what people will think but he's a SG that can dribble and pass. When he's in the zone he's a solid defender. When he's not involved his offense goes to shit but in any case, with poor pg play it might be a good idea to consider players at other positions who can handle the ball and penetrate. Seraphim and a second rounder might be enough at this point. He's not exactly killing it over there and Blake is hurt.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby vino92 » February 4, 2016, 7:29 am

The key to making trades is to have vision and boldness to see opportunity and take advantage of it. Here one such scenario the Bulls have lost Noah for season and have no intention of resigning him and the rumors are Durant is looking hard at GS so they will need to dump salaries. WE trade Lopez to the Bulls for Noah expiring contract and Snell we then ship Noah expiring contract to GS for Thompson(7 mil) plus Barnes who they wont resign and Looney and Ezeli We get younger quicker players with upside. You just have to have vision
vino92

Postby nazrmohamed » February 4, 2016, 8:34 pm

vino92 wrote:The key to making trades is to have vision and boldness to see opportunity and take advantage of it. Here one such scenario the Bulls have lost Noah for season and have no intention of resigning him and the rumors are Durant is looking hard at GS so they will need to dump salaries. WE trade Lopez to the Bulls for Noah expiring contract and Snell we then ship Noah expiring contract to GS for Thompson(7 mil) plus Barnes who they wont resign and Looney and Ezeli We get younger quicker players with upside. You just have to have vision

Vino you try but....

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THE WARRIORS TRADE KLAY THOMPSON AND BARNES FOR NOAH MAN!!!

You just arent realistic sometimes. Your sense of value is just off dude. Off.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby vino92 » February 4, 2016, 11:19 pm

lol not K Thompson J Thompson They need to dump Salaries if they want to sign Durant J Thompson contract has 3 years left They take Noah because He has a 13 mil contract that comes off the books which gives then cap space to sign Durant by putting ourselves in a position to take on a salary dump we acquire a few young pieces its already known there not gonna resign Barnes we get him and see how well he fits on our team then have the Bird rights to resign him if he pans out as well as I believe We also get two young pieces in Looney and Ezeli This trade is a no brainer for us
vino92

Postby nazrmohamed » February 5, 2016, 12:55 pm

Not bad but alot of moving parts. The Warriors could simply do that all by themselves without our help.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby vino92 » February 5, 2016, 4:46 pm

No they Cant because J THompson contract has two more years at 7 Mil that why they need a third party team to clear the most cap space and the Bulls need a center because Gasol going free agent and they have no interest in resigning Noah The Trade works Phil just has to ba a GM that does more that sit courtside One last thought Fisher sucks as Coach anyone can see that if Phil had any balls he would fire Fisher at seson end and sign Walton who was one of the coaches he was considering before settling on Fisher
vino92

Postby taowave » February 7, 2016, 8:08 am

Not sure about specifics,but we need to move Melo and Rolo and go into full rebuild mode.I don't believe any decent PG would want to play in the triangle under Fisher,and I don't like the odds of us getting Durant despite his fondness for Fisher.

Where is Billy King when you need him the most?

vino92 wrote:The key to making trades is to have vision and boldness to see opportunity and take advantage of it. Here one such scenario the Bulls have lost Noah for season and have no intention of resigning him and the rumors are Durant is looking hard at GS so they will need to dump salaries. WE trade Lopez to the Bulls for Noah expiring contract and Snell we then ship Noah expiring contract to GS for Thompson(7 mil) plus Barnes who they wont resign and Looney and Ezeli We get younger quicker players with upside. You just have to have vision
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » February 7, 2016, 11:23 am

See Vinos "stop bullshitting ourselves" thread for my comments on some pretty decent scenarios. Im of the mindset that I'm willing to wait to see if by some miracle Derozen can be lured to this existing squad. But the second we strike out Im definitely all in on the rebuild.

And I mean total rebuild. Not just draft one lotto pick and keep looking for more situational role players. I mean, trade Melo, Rolo, get youth. Even take back some salary in exchange for more picks. I want two picks in each draft for the next three years starting in 2017.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » February 11, 2016, 11:34 am

Won't happen.

Trade kyle or Kevin for evan Turner

OR

Sign Wroten

Hit a single...we are a playmaker away from being a solid team
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to Armchair GM