What trades can we make to improve roster

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: What trades can we make to improve roster

Postby nazrmohamed » January 19, 2016, 12:12 pm

Seraphim for Gerald Green. We need some athleticism on the wings. It eruptions be a minor move but could help balance out the rotation
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby washingtonparkjones » January 19, 2016, 3:05 pm

:arrow: armchair

Irv, can you set the system to automatically move all vino threads to armchair? Save you some time.
washingtonparkjones

Postby Mr. Glass » January 19, 2016, 5:18 pm

Trade Machine approved:

LA Lakers get:

Derrick Williams

NY Knicks get:

Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Bass

We get our starting PG, Lakers get...fucked.
I realized that there's a unique face that I make when I'm wiping my ass. It's a combination of focused concern, thoroughness and disgust.
Mr. Glass

Postby Mr3037 » January 19, 2016, 7:40 pm

There are plenty of trades that will improve our roster.......the only problem is I cant see any of the other teams actually pulling the trigger on what we can offer.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby Don Che » January 19, 2016, 11:23 pm

We could sign Jordan clarkson out right this off season and would like that plan

With 2 7 footers protecting the paint and a stretch 4 and bona-fide scorer ...we are in a prime situation to have a solid guard look great for us because Thier job on both ends are just easier.

A guy like clarkson or Batum or Jrue would look great here even if they aren't great individually
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » January 20, 2016, 12:36 am

Don Che wrote:We could sign Jordan clarkson out right this off season and would like that plan

With 2 7 footers protecting the paint and a stretch 4 and bona-fide scorer ...we are in a prime situation to have a solid guard look great for us because Thier job on both ends are just easier.

A guy like clarkson or Batum or Jrue would look great here even if they aren't great individually

I agree that a 'B' rated guard can look like an 'A' rated guard in the right situation which we may have with Rolo+Melo+KP but I'm not sure Batum can play the 2?

Think we need to look for more of a playmaker than anything else. Someone who can score & defend but is comfortable making plays on offense, getting his teammates involved etc
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby nazrmohamed » January 20, 2016, 1:01 am

Batum is actually playing the two for Charlotte right now. Thing about that though is its a pg penetrate and kick team. We don't do that stuff here. In the triangle he's a SF. What we need from a two guard is prolificness.

Beal or Derozen, um-k
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby big_j_NY » January 20, 2016, 2:32 am

nazrmohamed wrote:Batum is actually playing the two for Charlotte right now. Thing about that though is its a pg penetrate and kick team. We don't do that stuff here. In the triangle he's a SF. What we need from a two guard is prolificness.

Beal or Derozen, um-k

Wait, you don't think Batum is a "starting-level" ballhandler?!
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby vino92 » January 20, 2016, 1:25 pm

Why is it we never think about taking advantage of other teams that need to make trades to make ourselfves better. Mostly what I keep hearing is lets stand pat and sign someone next year. Can we all agree that this roster a fluid situation and that when oppertunity presents itself we should take advantage. These are teams that both need and are looking to make trades such as Houston and Chicago, ther are also teams that need to move player like Morris or Lawson orAnderson or Barnes and many more. The question is how do we take advantage of this? to me there is only one untouchable and one almost untradeable that leaves the rest og the roster to move if we can take advatage of there situations as far as I'm concern anything that brings me back players with na better upside that fits this team we need to look at and if Phil a real GM than he should be able to do so. If we look at Conolly as our one big free agent siging than what players can we get to team with him Melo and Porzingis. In my mind Barnes has the most upside and may be the best fit but I also think someone like Anderson would look good or someone like Portis with big upside anyone of those would look better with those three
vino92

Postby nazrmohamed » January 20, 2016, 3:00 pm

No bigj, I don't. I think he's a good all around player. Can score a bit, rebounds well, plays excellent defense. But from a purely offensive perspective he's an assisted scorer. Three pointers, cuts to the basket, set shots, transition. But in the half court nobody is gonna give him the ball to create for himself and others. Id argue that Afflalo has more to offer from a go to/triple threat standpoint. Not saying I wouldn't want him but not at SG
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Red » January 20, 2016, 3:16 pm

any trade that involves Calderón without Melo or KP works for me.
Or as one NBA coach said of Jackson, “the one thing about Phil that I admire is that he doesn’t give a (damn). He doesn’t care what the fans think. What the media thinks."
Red

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » January 20, 2016, 6:06 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:No bigj, I don't. I think he's a good all around player. Can score a bit, rebounds well, plays excellent defense. But from a purely offensive perspective he's an assisted scorer. Three pointers, cuts to the basket, set shots, transition. But in the half court nobody is gonna give him the ball to create for himself and others. Id argue that Afflalo has more to offer from a go to/triple threat standpoint. Not saying I wouldn't want him but not at SG

I concur...

As for the Conley discussion, am I the only person who thinks we'd be overpaying by offering him a max deal? I get that we're in desperate need of an upgrade at the PG position but it shouldn't require a max contract to get one... And even if it did that PG had better be on the same level as a Westbrook, Curry, or CP3. Which I don't think Conley is...

I think the cap will be better spent upgrading the overall talent level on the roster rather than throwing a big chunk of it at Conley.

The players under contract beyond this season are Putback-P, Melo, RoLo, Afflalo (PO), Williams (PO), Calderon, Grant, and O'Quinn. Lance Thomas has probably earned himself a new contract, and the Spanish Jorts (Hernangómez) will more than likely be joining the team next season. Aside from them I doubt anybody else returns... So, that'll leave us with 5 spots needing to be filled. And this time around I'd prefer that we go with Talent >>> bargain...
It's the Triangle over EVERYTHING!!! Melo-God is on borrowed time...
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » January 20, 2016, 6:09 pm

Westbrook, Curry, CP3, Irving, Wall, Lillard, Lowry, and Bledsoe >>> Conley

Does Rondo deserve a max contract? :?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby vino92 » January 20, 2016, 8:08 pm

Rondo not on this team If we where to think about going that route would prefer Rubio he comes at a better price 12 mil for 4 years. As for Conally don't know if he's a max player just feel his a complete player does all the little things puts the ball in the right place no flash but substance.. I know I'm about to piss Red off but the rumours the Cavs want to trade Love and Melo and Lebron being tight would love to see a 3 team trade where we send Melo to Cavs, Cavs send Love to Magic, Magic send to us Gordon Hezjonia Olidapio and Frye(makes money work) we also send Grant to Magic. Starting 5 next year Porzingis Gordon Hexjonia Olidapio and Conelly Man that would be nice to watch grow together
vino92

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » January 20, 2016, 9:28 pm

^^^
That 3-team trade, tho. You come up with the absolute best (most favourable) proposals. 8-)

Rondo not being a fit here goes without saying. I only mentioned him because he's been widely considered to be a top 5 PG for most of his career and still would never be offered a max contract.

I love Conley's game I just don't believe him to be a max player. And that's with me knowing that there'll only be limited amount of good PG's available in the upcoming free agency period...
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby nazrmohamed » January 20, 2016, 11:44 pm

vino92 wrote:Rondo not on this team If we where to think about going that route would prefer Rubio he comes at a better price 12 mil for 4 years. As for Conally don't know if he's a max player just feel his a complete player does all the little things puts the ball in the right place no flash but substance.. I know I'm about to piss Red off but the rumours the Cavs want to trade Love and Melo and Lebron being tight would love to see a 3 team trade where we send Melo to Cavs, Cavs send Love to Magic, Magic send to us Gordon Hezjonia Olidapio and Frye(makes money work) we also send Grant to Magic. Starting 5 next year Porzingis Gordon Hexjonia Olidapio and Conelly Man that would be nice to watch grow together

Thats the best trade youve made but even still thats allot for the magic to give up just to get Love.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » January 21, 2016, 2:26 am

lmaooo no

Batum would lead this team in assists this year...and Afflalo is the man but he's NOT a starting 2 guard on a contending team. Batum could be.

You guys talk about driving and kicking it out..what do you think Grant would be after this offseason?

Melo and KP are the center pieces..Rolo got a lot of money so those 3 are set its all about how u iron out the guards.

million ways to do it...guy I'd like to see also is Jordan Clarkson...fits how we play and can be a PG in this scheme of things esp if Gallo leaves thsi off season.
Don Che

Postby Nononsense » January 21, 2016, 2:33 am

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:I love Conley's game I just don't believe him to be a max player. And that's with me knowing that there'll only be limited amount of good PG's available in the upcoming free agency period...

I agree that Conley isn’t a max player, but at this point… it’s more about what we need in order to get to the next level. I think we’re one piece from legitimate contention: a defensive-minded pg that can shoot, make plays, and get to the basket. Mike Conley does all of this. No, he’s not the best in the league at any one aspect of his game (except may defense at the pg spot), but he’s more than competent in all those areas of need that we have regarding the pg position. For that reason, I’d consider offering him the max.

PG - Conley
SG - Afflalo
SF - Melo
PF - KP
C - RoLo

If you’re going to win with Melo, you have to surround him with defenders who aren’t anemic on offense. Conley makes this lineup so much better. With the continued growth of KP’s game and the continued building of chemistry, the addition of Conley can turn transform this 40-win team into a 50-win team. In that context, you have to at least consider offering him the max.
Nononsense

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » January 21, 2016, 7:05 pm

I agree Conley is a good defender but how much of it should be credited to Tony Allen backing him up out on the perimeter, or Marc Gasol anchoring the paint. Both guys are/were regarded as some of the better defenders at their respective positions... We won't be able to pair him with a backcourt mate like Allen. Will he be as effective without him?

Like I said, he's a good player but I think we need more than just one additional player... Short-term, he'll definitely make us better but then again how good were the Grizzlies with him on their team? From a talent standpoint one could argue that some of those teams (Gasol, Randolph, Gay, Mayo, etc...) had more talent than our current squad.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby nazrmohamed » January 21, 2016, 9:28 pm

Nonsense, you said something telling. You said you know he isn't a max player but we need a pg so bad. Well the two aren't one in the same and knocks fans need to stop thinking like that. One shouldn't spend the max on what they need the most, they should spend the max on what they know will make thier system run at its max. And that's an elite wing player for us.

As far as a pg one must simply find a pg better than Calderon. And sure you don't wanna just barely beat him out but he's lower than midtier. Id be happy with slightly above midtier and I think you should be able to get that AFTER we've signed a solid wing.

The type of player I'm talking about plays like Afflalos best nights EVERY night. Especially against the better teams.

Id be happy with Derozen and Beverly. Or Beal and Chalmers. You add that to what we're doing now and I think we're contenders.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

PreviousNext

Return to Armchair GM