What trades can we make to improve roster

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

What trades can we make to improve roster

Postby vino92 » January 18, 2016, 11:43 am

Here are a few of mine Calderon and Grant to the Kings for Collinson and Casspi or Calderon and O'Quinn to Houston for Lawson or Lopez and Affallo to Bulls for Gasol Mirotic and Mcdermott or Affallo and Lopez to Bulls for Noah(expiring contract) Mirotic and Portis. I happen to like the last best because it gives us 13 mil under the cap and pick up to youngsters for the Front Court and if we can do the Houston trade it would gives us a roster of Melo Porzingis Lawson Mirotic and Portis those are some nice pieces for now and future also lawson and Mirotic only have a 2 year contract so we can always move on if they don't work out
vino92

Re: What trades can we make to improve roster

Postby KnicksRUs » January 18, 2016, 12:20 pm

Still going with the whole no punctuation thing?
"Fat chicks need lovin too, but they gotta pay"
KnicksRUs

Postby mbn007 » January 18, 2016, 4:35 pm

Why would Chicago want to do any of those trades? :?
mbn007

Postby vino92 » January 18, 2016, 4:39 pm

Noah out foe season and they need another shooter besides Butler, Affallo can play the 2 or 3 Bulls have to many PF's I would do trade even if they took Portis out and put in Snell
vino92

Postby Don Che » January 18, 2016, 5:07 pm

U mind as well be making ur threads in Chinese

Anyway

Rolo for Jrue or Evans
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » January 18, 2016, 5:22 pm

right now, we need an improvement at pg. down the road, we need a another versatile swing and a mobile, reserve 2-way c.

personally, i think gallo is ready to be a starter at pg, he brings more versatility to that spot than jose, still has upside. grant can be an effective backup. just get a vet 3rd string pg for depth. promoting gallo and grant on the depth chart has less risk, less disruptive than bringing in someone out of the blue.

if you can move jose for a wing prospect, then that's a pretty good deal.
cragganmor

Postby Minkaveli » January 18, 2016, 5:36 pm

I can't read the OP's post.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » January 18, 2016, 5:47 pm

There are a ton of trades we could make to improve the roster but will any of 'em make us a contender? No...

We just squandered an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter, and needed to go to double overtime in order to squeak out a win against the woeful 76ers. It'll take more than a few roster tweaks (brick by brick) to turn this thing around.

Don Che wrote:U mind as well be making ur threads in Chinese

Anyway

Rolo for Jrue or Evans

I like Jrue and Evans but RoLo has played a major part in our recent success, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn't trade him until we find his replacement... Because as of right now Putback-P isn't ready to anchor the paint by himself.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby cragganmor » January 18, 2016, 6:00 pm

rolo doesn't have a pretty game, but he's been an effective grinder for us. now, when kp is ready to man the 5 for 30+ mpg, then yes, rolo becomes trade bait, but for this season we definitely need him.

i would advocate moving kp to a backup role to limit his foul trouble, keep him fresh. give dwill more minutes to help solve our lack of points in the paint, bring more energy and athleticism.

koq and seraphin could be good trade bait, but it's still kind of early, teams are reluctant to pull the trigger on a deal because so many teams are in playoff contention. no clear buyers/sellers as of yet.
cragganmor

Postby vino92 » January 18, 2016, 6:18 pm

Brick by brick is sometimes all you can do If I can trade Rolo and Affallo and it brings me back two young PF's/Centers plus more cap relief than that a trade for the future and I make it in a heart beat, also if I can turn Calderon and O'Quinn into Lawson then I'm gonna gamble that pairing him with Melo will put his career back on track there nothing to lose her except bit players that will never make us better no less contender's
vino92

Postby qdman » January 18, 2016, 6:24 pm

I think it's about time we did that jose for ricky trade.
qdman

Postby cragganmor » January 18, 2016, 6:31 pm

vino92 wrote:Brick by brick is sometimes all you can do If I can trade Rolo and Affallo and it brings me back two young PF's/Centers plus more cap relief than that a trade for the future and I make it in a heart beat, also if I can turn Calderon and O'Quinn into Lawson then I'm gonna gamble that pairing him with Melo will put his career back on track there nothing to lose her except bit players that will never make us better no less contender's

a) not gonna happen; nobody in the league values them that highly
b) seriously, this is not fantasy league where you just add up stats; lawson is toxic right now, just not ready to play hoops at a high level. we've seen problems like him before and the bright lights of nyc will only make it worse. plus, even if his drinking issues are resolved, he's happiest when he gets to dominate the ball in an uptempo transition game and that is not our team concept, plus he doesn't solve our defensive issues at pg. he's talented, yes but a bad fit for us; low odds of that gamble paying off.

we need more fundamentally sound players, guys that can play both sides of the ball.
cragganmor

Postby Mr3037 » January 18, 2016, 7:11 pm

We need to trade Jose it's that simple.
Guys like Jennings, Collison, Rubio, Holiday, Evans are dudes we should be looking at.

If it means also parting with someone like Grant, Gallo, O'Quinn, Seraphin then so be it.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby vino92 » January 18, 2016, 7:22 pm

There are players out there that will be traded a few I think can help this team now but moreimportantly in the future. Everyone knows GS is looking to trade Barnes so that they can resign Curry to a bigger deal That what we should be looking out player that will be traded because teams can't or wont resign them like say Ryan Anderson Or H Barnes. There are also Teams like the Bulls and Rockets that are dam near in panic mode lets take advatage of it
vino92

Postby Minkaveli » January 18, 2016, 8:37 pm

Collison is the one name I like from what I see. Still young and has 2 years at $5 mill per year left. We've been linked to him before. I vote NO to trading for a rental on a one year who you have to shell out a ton of money for after the season.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby Mr3037 » January 18, 2016, 8:56 pm

I've always really like Evans too...not a PG though but Phil doesn't need 1 right....
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby shakespeare » January 18, 2016, 9:26 pm

TRADE FOR STEPHEN CURRY.

Why trade for anything other than the MVP of the league?
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Don Che » January 18, 2016, 10:36 pm

I'd wait till the trade deadline....trade Rolo for Jrue or tyreke and sign up Noah in the off-season

Noah KP Melo Tyreke grant or Gallo really makes sense as a unit
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » January 18, 2016, 10:59 pm

Don Che wrote:I'd wait till the trade deadline....trade Rolo for Jrue or tyreke and sign up Noah in the off-season

Noah KP Melo Tyreke grant or Gallo really makes sense as a unit

I really fukn like this Don...
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby vino92 » January 19, 2016, 8:19 am

I don't want Noah to keep he's sho,t I just want his expiring contract and the couple of young pieces I can pick up any two of Mirotic Portis Snell or McDermott will do. I know we Lose Affallo but if we pick up these two front court pieces and then sign Connaly in the off season your starting 5 could be Porzingis Melo Portis Connoly and Gallo that looks good to me with Snell Grant and Williams off your bench
vino92

Next

Return to Armchair GM