Porzingis is the FUTURE!!! Time to trade Melo???

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

Only a dumbass would still think Melo is a top 10 player... Stop being a bunch of homers and think objectively.

LeBron, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Cousins, Davis, Leonard, Harden, CP3, Griffin, Wall, and Irving... Now, I stopped myself outta sheer respect for the God but all twelve of these dudes are considered to be better players than Melo.

On a different note, what I don't get is how a difference in opinion breeds such contention in some of y'all. Y'all really need to cool-out. 8-)
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

thewatcher wrote:... You guys who have written Carmelo off physically are also wrong. He seemed healthy last game and that's a great sign.

He won't agree to be traded anywhere, so you guys are spinning your wheels unnecessarily.

Last game wasn't a fluke. This is the new and improved Melo.
Melo was 6/18 from the field last night and needed 18 shots to get his 18 points. On an off shooting night like he had last night him dishing out 5 assists and helping out on the glass is the least he can do...

And what's really wrong with discussing a Melo trade? Would you consider Durant to be an upgrade over Melo? If so, wouldn't you like to see him playing next Putback-P? Because there's a good chance he could be available in the offseason, and if he is I want Phil doing whatever he can to facilitate him getting here.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

two misses were wide open uncontested layups, shots he hasn't missed in 3 years here. He had a good shot selection and swung the ball; he seems to be recovering, lets ALL chill out and give him a chance.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Red wrote:KP + Melo > KP - Melo

Simple math...
That's a lil shortsighted don't you think? You are aware that if we were to trade Melo we'd get stuff back in return, right?

Again, if we're gonna build a REAL contender around Putback-P I won't object to trading Melo.

pick(s) + another All-Star caliber player(s) + increased cap flexibility >>> Melo
KnicksFanInSouthFL

thewatcher wrote:two misses were wide open uncontested layups, shots he hasn't missed in 3 years here. He had a good shot selection and swung the ball; he seems to be recovering, lets ALL chill out and give him a chance.
We're only having a discussion... :?
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

the genius of Phil: we are built for the present AND the future. Melo, Allfallo, Lopez, are in or just past their prime. KP, Grant, Gallo, Dwill, Seraphin, and Early give us an excellent platform for the future. But our young players are also ready to win now.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I'd take Melo over Irving if both are healthy right now.

Melo is a top 15 player right now. If he learns how to take better shots and do everything else he's been doing the past12 games.....he's a top 10 guy.

Also trading him solely depends on what we would get in return....and the combo of players wOrth the trade....will never happen. He has a trade clause guys. Case closed
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

The knicks couldnt get free agents when Melo was here, wtf makes you guys think Durant is going to come here when Melo is gone. Have you all really learned nothing?
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Swiss-GrandMa

Please stop those Trade-Melo talkings.....I havent been as excited as for a very long time.....

Porzingis and Melo is a crazy sick combo to come...I tell by March the Knicks will be playing top 4 in the East. Maybe the ranking will not show by then as we are still learning but we'lll make the playoffs. And then I tell you Lebron doesnt want to play us ....it's not marvelous ...it s MELINGIS!!!!

What we need is a PG ...so next summer I would go for a top distributor and we're set to go for titles
NYGM
Likes given: 473

H20Knick wrote:The knicks couldnt get free agents when Melo was here, wtf makes you guys think Durant is going to come here when Melo is gone. Have you all really learned nothing?

I don't get it..

Melo's game should age very well IMO..

So, if somehow we can keep adding some pieces around Melo (present) and KP (present-future) it would be great..

If we can get into the playoffs and make some noise maybe we'll be precieved as an up and coming franchise and a desirable destination for a star player (not Monroe type)
vino92

Please Please just let us keep Melo so we can make the Playoffs WTF!!!! you sound like a bunch of guys who haven't got laid in awhile and your gonna jump on the first peice of ass that spreads its legs no matter how homely it looks shit I've been waiting to dam long I want the PRIMO ASS!!!! lol Just saying
Last edited by vino92 on November 18th, 2015, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakespeare

NYGM wrote:
If we can get into the playoffs and make some noise maybe we'll be perceived as an up and coming franchise and a desirable destination for a star player (not Monroe type)
:thumbsup:

In terms of my hopes for the future of Knicks basketball, this mirrors my current position.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Just looked at the 2016 free agent class. http://hoopshype.com/2015/08/15/nba-fre ... p-players/

Outside of Bradley Beal, who's restricted, I don't see anything available in the backcourt that's worth the trouble. I'm not a Mike Conley fan, at all.
#TeamTank
Mr3037

shakespeare wrote:Just looked at the 2016 free agent class. http://hoopshype.com/2015/08/15/nba-fre ... p-players/

Outside of Bradley Beal, who's restricted, I don't see anything available in the backcourt that's worth the trouble. I'm not a Mike Conley fan, at all.
Yep Conley is it my friend unless you wanna look at the following years FA's and possibly trying to swing a trade for someone early...
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
washingtonparkjones

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:LeBron, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Cousins, Davis, Leonard, Harden, CP3, Griffin, Wall, and Irving... Now, I stopped myself outta sheer respect for the God but all twelve of these dudes are considered to be better players than Melo.
Really??? I see three, maybe four, guys I would put ahead of Melo. Lebron and Curry definitely. Davis - if not now then soon. Probably Westbrook.

Durant needs to show who he is post injury.
Cousins is a head case.
Leonard was great in one playoff series and is otherwise just very good
Harden plays 0 defense
CP3 hasn't proven any ability to take a team further than Melo
Griffin is anti-cluch
Wall isn't there yet
Irving same
KnicksFanInSouthFL

H20Knick wrote:The knicks couldnt get free agents when Melo was here, wtf makes you guys think Durant is going to come here when Melo is gone. Have you all really learned nothing?
And why do you suppose that was the case? Could it have been Melo's reputation of being a selfish player that caused potential free agents to look elsewhere? Whether deserved or not his reputation precedes him. I mean, Arrafalo was the only offensive minded free agent willing to team up with him this offseason. And that may have only happened because they're former teammates.

However, the opposite can be said about Putback-P. His emergence is taking the league by storm. He's not only the talk of NY but his story is currently one of the more intriguing stories in the league right now. If Melo were to leave I doubt Putback-P would have any trouble gettin' players to come and play with him?

As for the Durantula, KD is lost in OKC. He's one of the leagues best players but you wouldn't know it by the way he's marketed... Aside from his top selling sneakers he's virtually an unknown to non-NBA fans. Which could change simply by coming to NYC. And I think anyone would be pretty naive not to think that Roc Nation, a NY based Sports/Entertainment agency that represents him, hasn't mentioned anything to him about potentially coming to Gotham City. Melo came here and almost immediately became a commercial success story with all of his business ventures. And if it worked for Melo it could work for the Durantula.

Let me live. Don't try to burst my bubble... 8-)
KnicksFanInSouthFL

washingtonparkjones wrote:Really??? I see three, maybe four, guys I would put ahead of Melo. Lebron and Curry definitely. Davis - if not now then soon. Probably Westbrook.

Durant needs to show who he is post injury.
Cousins is a head case.
Leonard was great in one playoff series and is otherwise just very good
Harden plays 0 defense
CP3 hasn't proven any ability to take a team further than Melo
Griffin is anti-cluch
Wall isn't there yet
Irving same
So, you're sayin' Melo is currently the 4th maybe 5th best player in the league, right now?

Don Che
Likes given: 9

Yeh that's a reach...at best he's like 9th.

Lebron KD Curry Russell AD Leonard Griffin are clearly above him...Harden Cousins Irving Melo all depend on the day if Melo gets his mind right
Red

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote: Melo was 6/18 from the field last night and needed 18 shots to get his 18 points. On an off shooting night like he had last night him dishing out 5 assists and helping out on the glass is the least he can do...

And what's really wrong with discussing a Melo trade? Would you consider Durant to be an upgrade over Melo? If so, wouldn't you like to see him playing next Putback-P?Because there's a good chance he could be available in the offseason, and if he is I want Phil doing whatever he can to facilitate him getting here.

Wtf is going on here? Is this the f*cking Twilight Zone?
You (or any fan that does so) still on this target player X next offseason shit?

Nothing personal but after all these years of this foolish viewpoint /outlook/ optimistic plans to sign and target players is about the dumbest shit a Knick fan can do. Consistent yes. But dumb as hell.

Learn your lesson. No player will come here until he is here.
The Mecca of Mess
Mr3037

Red wrote:Wtf is going on here? Is this the f*cking Twilight Zone?
You (or any fan that does so) still on this target player X next offseason shit?

Nothing personal but after all these years of this foolish viewpoint /outlook/ optimistic plans to sign and target players is about the dumbest shit a Knick fan can do. Consistent yes. But dumb as hell.

Learn your lesson. No player will come here until he is here.
I see what you mean Red.
We as a fan base have done it for a while now and have been let down every time.
Like I was convinced, like many, we'd get Monroe and even that didnt happen!

Maybe we should talk about the type of players we need, rather than specific players......less painful that way LOL
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue