Would you trade Melo For Dragic Deng Thompson and Miami 10 th pick

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

maxmet wrote: Warriors were an excellent defensive team - much less so if Melo is there.
Thank you.

Not to mention the fact that if Melo was on the Warriors, then it wouldn't resemble the championship team cause Melo's $25 million per season is turning a few of those guys into casualties.
#TeamTank
vino92

DeMarcus Cousins Jimmy Butler Marc Gasol Giannis Antetokounmpo Kawhi Leonard The warriors game is about ball movement you have to see Melo for what he is an aging star with maybe 3 real good years left he never won and he never will ie see Denver when he was surrounded by a better cast and coach Trade him while there still a market for him. Also for all of you who think Melo choose NY out of a sense of loyalty or wanting to win here stop BS yourself it was about the cash if the money was the same he would of choose LA or Chicago, he has his money would he accept a trade you bet your ass
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Just two years the Knicks had the second best record in the East, was the second leading scorer in the league and was top ten in efficiency. Last year he was still in the top 3 in scoring with a top ten efficiency at a time when Tyson was hurt, Bargnani missed most of the season and Amare didn't come on till the last 30 games. The Knicks missed the playoffs and this year they decided to tank.

This team needs talent that can stay healthy. In fact Id argue that you could have mediocre talent and as long as you can rely on them to stay healthy Melo is still dominant enough to get them into the playoffs. At one point it was about how Melo cant advance. Melo misses one playoffs with 40mil in injured salary and then has his team lose on purpose and all of a sudden the narrative changes for the worst.

Lets just get some darn talent.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

vino92 wrote:DeMarcus Cousins Jimmy Butler Marc Gasol Giannis Antetokounmpo Kawhi Leonard The warriors game is about ball movement you have to see Melo for what he is an aging star with maybe 3 real good years left he never won and he never will ie see Denver when he was surrounded by a better cast and coach Trade him while there still a market for him. Also for all of you who think Melo choose NY out of a sense of loyalty or wanting to win here stop BS yourself it was about the cash if the money was the same he would of choose LA or Chicago, he has his money would he accept a trade you bet your ass
We'll see when Melo waives his no trade clause. And Im not talking about in his Paul Pierce years. Im talking within 1015 or 2016. If he waives that clause during that time then perhaps you have a point. I think he loves it here, loves the city, loves the business opportunities.

And people spend so much time trying to prove that he doesnt truly want to be here while fawning over players that garaunteed don't wanna come here. When Gasol tells us to fuck off we'll still love him. When Lebron told us to fuck off we still love him. When FAs choose to use us to elevate their value and then show up we still love them.

I don't know whats in Melos mind, but I do know one thing. He's here so thats more proof than any other star has given me. Who cares what the real reason is. I live in a suburb of NYC. I commute to the city because I found a job that pays me more. Doesn't mean I dont truly want to be at my job because you proved that money motivates me.
vino92

When Melo was a free agent he said it wasn't about the money he just wanted to win but it was about the money and fame it almost always is with player with his kind of talent. I'm not denying that Melo loves the NY stage what I'm saying is at 31 coming off an injury in this system he's the wrong guy at the wrong time, even you can't deny that Melo game is not meant for this system the ball has to move he has to pass he never has and he never will its not his game. The one question that has to be asked can Melo at this stage of he"s career with the players we may be able to get win a Championship the answer is 100% NO. Melo must be traded while he still had value wait a couple of years when he starts to break down he will be untradeable and we will have nothing no championship no future
Last edited by vino92 on June 26th, 2015, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KnicksRUs

KnicksRUs wrote:Looks like the have the next Mikeman in the forum

nazrmohamed wrote:Or arch enemy. Between double spacing and no spacing, after a good fist fight both would finish with perfect sentence form.
Best post in awhile lol
"I hate them" - Stugotz