Calderon and JR...gone.

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Ive come up with a trade that saves us substantial money over the next two years and in my opinion improves us long-term.

Calderon and Smith
For
McGhee and N8

Obviously we're tired of JR I looked around and couldn't really fin many trans that wanna deal with him either unless they can dump a bad contract or rotten player on us. I choose the rotten player with cap relief. The other guy who is to me the bigger problem is Calderon who I never really loved as a pg, is getting older with a big contract and is injury prone.

This trade doesn't shave off much for 2015, just about $1.7mil but that's still 1.7 mil to as a low level player or add to another contract so..The next year 2016 you'd shave off Calderons last year and save 7.7 mil which is substantial.

You are still gonna have access to Gasol or whoever you like in 2015 and make the playoffs and be competitive but then you have some good money going into 2016 also, WITH a ton of young talent to trade. You'd have Mcgees expiring along with Shumpert, Hardaway, Early. Not saying you gotta trade them but you might not even have to wait till 2016. We might sign Gasol and have lots of trade options for a third top player at that point.

Especially if we tank this year ;)
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Mcgee is an expiring this year? That's news to me.........hell yeah, I'll entertain having Mr. "Shaqtin A Fool" on this squad for a season. Especially since Samuel Dalembert barely lacks the stamina to play 30 minutes a game anyway
nazrmohamed

Well no, he doesn't expire this year. He expires next year, same as JR BUT he expires a year before Calderon which gives us more space in 2016 which is supposed to be a better free agent year than 2015. We do save an extra 1.7 mil for 2015 though with another near 8 mil for 2016. That 1.7 might help us keep Shumpert. Let's say you were playing with 4 mil after Gasol, now you got 5.7 could make a difference.

I still see it as worth it because either way we'll have enough space for one max player regardless. And I know with fans everything seemingly has to happen ask at once but good teams are patient. There are many options after this trade and after 2015.

Im making assumptions of course but we could find ourselves with Melo and Gasol being our marquee players and a whole lot of pretty young assets at our disposal.

Shumpert
Hardaway
Early
McGhee
Lottery pick(the way we're trending

You could simply continue to develop these guys as complimentary players for years and stay flexible or if you wanna make a leap forward you can make a trade for a solid third bottom top tier player as your bonafied third option.

Ex. McGhee's expiring + Hardaway for Monroe....or whatever your imagination can think up. Maybe someone who might've come out in 2016 and has told their team that they don't want to return.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Actually, pairing McGee with a Greg Monroe in the front court doesn't sound so bad...........especially in the Triangle that relies on low post offense.

As much as I hated the retard brothers down in Washington, Blatche has made me change my tune AND McGee could probably do the same as well (I hope)
nazrmohamed

He typically averages a double double with top 5 in the league blocks when given starters minutes but he a foul machine and dumb. But I mean, if you just need a rebounder who'll block some shots then McGhee ain't that bad. He could play now but I would probably imagine him behind a guy like Gasol and consider ourselves stocked at C.