Is it worth moving Pablo?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I think the Knicks should take into consideration that Pablo makes 1.7 million in 2015 which could very well mean the difference in a max contract or the difference between different caliber supporting players. People on this board were all for losing Melo over a couple million dollars and I think this is sort of getting overlooked. Without the exact figures for the cap it's impossible to start drawing out scenarios but regardless I think it's better to be conservative. Given the situation I think the Knicks would be better off looking for a trade now than next season, if Pablo gets injured it might be hard to find a taker for Pablo next season without getting salary back.

Pablo has some value to playoff teams that have young guards. We all know what he does well, but with the money that's owed to Larkin and Calderon I don't think it's prudent to have more money committed to third-string player for summer '15. Plus at his age Pablo didn't really sign up to sit on the bench for a team that's a year or two away from being competitive. I think Miami, Golden State, LAC or Portland might be interested in Pablo. I would trade Pablo to any of those teams for cash considerations and a second round pick.

:?
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

it's all a matter of finding the right fit; beno showed his value to the grizz, they like him so much they re-signed him. i can see a contending team that needs a reserve pg as being the right situation for him. let's say patty mills doesn't recover fully from his rotator cuff surgery, then he'd be a great fit for the spurs.

but on our side, a lot would depend upon larkin or someone else stepping up their game to fill that spot. $1.7 mill is a small difference in landing a max deal player. it might however affect us if we need to shop for a good role player, the difference between deal or no deal.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Late to the party (haven't been in the armchair GM forum for quite some time), but for info: only 300k of Pablo's 1.7 mill are guaranteed, so the Knicks can open up roughly 900k (-1.7+.3+.5 for the cap hold) by simply waiving him if the money is needed.
#knickstape
bobhait
Likes given: 62

if need be, Pablo's contract is so tiny we could move it for a second round pick. honestly though, I'd rather keep Prigs, cause he's a solid presence on this team and a nice spark off the bench.
sky’s the limit