Boozer to Ny

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Boozer to Ny

Postby nazrmohamed » December 13, 2013, 1:30 am

If the Knicks truly want to improve their win now mentality they do this trade with the Bulls.

Change in Team Outlook: -5.5 ppg, -0.3 rpg, and -1.7 apg.

Incoming Players
Carlos Boozer
32 year old , 6-9, 266 lb PF from Duke
15.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.7 minutes

Outgoing Players
Andrea Bargnani
28 year old , 7-0, 250 lb PF from Benetton Treviso (Italy)
14.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.5 minutes in 2013-2014
Iman Shumpert
23 year old , 6-5, 220 lb G from Georgia Tech
6.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.0 apg in 28.1 minutes in 2013-2014

For knicks this gives them something else they so desperately need. Interior toughness on offense in the form of someone who can create his own offense and rebound. I like the way Bargnani has played but at the end of the day you still gotta make up for his five rebounds at a big position. Boozer scores the same amount of points but grabs 9 rebounds, is used to a half court offense, and while he was one of the bottom two defenders in the starting five that defense is still engrained, then you add Chandler to the mix and we got a pretty tough interior.

For the Bulls idk if its an immediate upgrade but believe it or not it might help. The Bulls are severely lacking in depth. Here they get two players for one. One of those players scores just as much as Boozer and expires the same yr, while making less. The other is Iman Shumpert, a Chicago native and defender that Im sure Thibudoue will make better use of him than us, both defensively and offensively. Most Bulls fans I know rather see Gibson start anyway. So They'd still have their defense with Bargnani off the bench. Shumpert may not start there but he'd definatley be a rotation player.

Ya never know. Bulls seeing their situation with Rose going south they may start moving pieces.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Re: Boozer to Ny

Postby big_j_NY » December 13, 2013, 1:40 am

You really are a Duke fan, aren't you? LOL

But I do agree with you, Boozer is actually a better fit alongside Melo and Chandler in terms of the fact that Boozer has a reliable mid-range jumper and he's a decent rebounder from the PF spot at the very least. No offense to Bargnani, but the kid still can't rebound DESPITE showing that he has a tough bone in his body these last 4 weeks.

But we still need to address our guard issue at the very least b/c I doubt Felton will even get this trio functioning correctly
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby knicksfan4life » December 13, 2013, 10:54 am

Boozer has been playing well and Chicago does still have their amnesty, so toss $3 Mill in cash in the deal, and they amnesty Bargnani for $8 instead of Boozer for $16. Makes sense all around, be nice to get Hinrich back too though idk if it's feasible.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
knicksfan4life

Postby big_j_NY » December 13, 2013, 6:58 pm

knicksfan4life wrote:Boozer has been playing well and Chicago does still have their amnesty, so toss $3 Mill in cash in the deal, and they amnesty Bargnani for $8 instead of Boozer for $16. Makes sense all around, be nice to get Hinrich back too though idk if it's feasible.

According to the CBA rules (and even spree will co-sign this), teams CANNOT amnesty players that they did not originally sign. In other words, if the Bulls were to trade Boozer to another team that hasn't used their amnesty clause...........that other team STILL CANNOT amnesty Boozer b/c the Bulls were the ones who originally gave Boozer that contract.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » December 13, 2013, 9:33 pm

big_j_NY wrote:You really are a Duke fan, aren't you? LOL

But I do agree with you, Boozer is actually a better fit alongside Melo and Chandler in terms of the fact that Boozer has a reliable mid-range jumper and he's a decent rebounder from the PF spot at the very least. No offense to Bargnani, but the kid still can't rebound DESPITE showing that he has a tough bone in his body these last 4 weeks.

But we still need to address our guard issue at the very least b/c I doubt Felton will even get this trio functioning correctly

See I think Felton can. One thing that people aren't taking into account is that a huge component to our game and Felton's is the pick and roll. I think Tyson alone would give this team a totally different dynamic than what we're watching. And then you add in another option with Boozer. We talk about off the ball movement, it starts with hard picks and screens. Felton would be more aggressive driving. Hardaway would run around screens like Reggie Miller and more important to me we should win the rebounding battle every night. And collectively change our persona from team still holding onto spread philosophies and moving more toward paint domination
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » December 13, 2013, 9:35 pm

And yes I'm a Duke fan, you Tar heel lovin bastards
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Return to Armchair GM