If we insist on trading Melo...

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby Nononsense » December 6, 2013, 12:23 pm

If we absolutely MUST trade Melo, then we have to accomplish some things:

1) Get younger.
2) Get draft pick(s).
3) Not take a huge step backwards talent wise.
4) Not take on unwanted contracts.

I'd be willing to entertain a trade centered around Melo/Tyson for Blake/DeAndre. Of course there would be fillers involved to make the salaries work. I'd also see about getting a pick from the Clippers as well since we're basically sending them to the finals with a core of CP3/Melo/Tyson.
User avatar
Nononsense
 
Joined: June 23, 2005, 3:52 pm

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby taowave » December 8, 2013, 4:15 pm

I hate to say this,but I don't see anyone trading their core for Melo..
Just cant see getting equal value for him...

Realistically,the Lakers are the one ownership that would want him NOW and he would resign with,but what do they have to offer???




Nononsense wrote:If we absolutely MUST trade Melo, then we have to accomplish some things:

1) Get younger.
2) Get draft pick(s).
3) Not take a huge step backwards talent wise.
4) Not take on unwanted contracts.

I'd be willing to entertain a trade centered around Melo/Tyson for Blake/DeAndre. Of course there would be fillers involved to make the salaries work. I'd also see about getting a pick from the Clippers as well since we're basically sending them to the finals with a core of CP3/Melo/Tyson.
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby big_j_NY » December 8, 2013, 6:58 pm

I don't even think the Lakers would be able to convince him to resign AND/OR acquire him as long as Mike D'Antoni is coaching that team.

I don't think Melo would enjoy playing role player to Kobe Bryant in the D'Antoni offense...............and basically, no other team will be throwing out "lottery picks" to us for Melo.

We don't really have a choice at this point EXCEPT to let the market dictate Carmelo's value. If someone overpays for Carmelo, then it is for Melo to decide if they go to that person at this point.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby taowave » December 8, 2013, 9:00 pm

I didn't bring up the Mike D ick firing that would shortly follow the trade announcement

big_j_NY wrote:I don't even think the Lakers would be able to convince him to resign AND/OR acquire him as long as Mike D'Antoni is coaching that team.

I don't think Melo would enjoy playing role player to Kobe Bryant in the D'Antoni offense...............and basically, no other team will be throwing out "lottery picks" to us for Melo.

We don't really have a choice at this point EXCEPT to let the market dictate Carmelo's value. If someone overpays for Carmelo, then it is for Melo to decide if they go to that person at this point.
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby big_j_NY » December 8, 2013, 9:02 pm

taowave wrote:I didn't bring up the Mike D ick firing that would shortly follow the trade announcement


As a Laker fan, I'd just like his ass fired now..........PERIOD

I think if the Lakers really wanna attract Carmelo this off-season, they should either fire Doucephony's ass NOW or at the end of the season..........IRREGARDLESS of how Kobe feels.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby spree#8 » December 9, 2013, 6:29 am

big_j_NY wrote:As a Laker fan, I'd just like his ass fired now..........PERIOD

I think if the Lakers really wanna attract Carmelo this off-season, they should either fire Doucephony's ass NOW or at the end of the season..........IRREGARDLESS of how Kobe feels.


And why should they fire him? Lakers are playing .500 ball in the tough Western Conference despite having a shitty roster. They also have nothing we would want in return, so I don't see anything on this front developing. They can't trade their 2014 pick, because they have already traded the 2015 one.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 1:21 pm

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby n8 the gr8 » December 9, 2013, 7:47 am

I keep on saying this but the Knicks should trade everything we have to get our future draft picks back, then trade Melo. The draft picks have relatively low value while the Knicks are still in win-now mode because realistically the Knicks will turn it around sooner or later. Trade any assets we have or get other teams involved to get our picks back, then we can worry about getting value for Melo. There's no point in going into rebuilding mode until we get our picks back.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
User avatar
n8 the gr8
 
Joined: August 28, 2006, 7:54 pm
Location: CT/VT

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby knicksfan4life » December 9, 2013, 11:26 am

You want to see a fun Melo trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q4wrnv5

Knicks trade:

Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler

Clippers Trade:
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan
Jared Dudley
Willie Green
Malik Waynes

Isn't that fun?

5 years of Blake at least keeps the Garden full. It's good value on a "rental" to most; though CP3 would have Melo signing an extension as soon as he got off the plane. Doc gets a championship caliber team. Everybody wins, well except our W/L record but that's going to shit anyway.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
User avatar
knicksfan4life
 
Joined: August 3, 2004, 7:44 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby Nononsense » December 9, 2013, 12:59 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of something along those lines when I started this thread. We'd have to immediately cut about 4 guys though. My vote would be Chris Smith, Cole Aldrich, Tourre Murray, Malik Waynes (I guess... really don't know much about him).

Then, go ahead and trade Amare, Shump, and Felton for Rondo, Wallace, and Lee.

PG -- Rondo / Pablo / Udrih
SG -- C. Lee / THJ / J.R.
SF -- Dudley / Metta / G. Wallace
PF -- Blake / Kmart
C -- DeAndre / Bargnani

Dudley, Lee, and THj are actually prototype wings to play alongside a true, pass-first pg like Rondo. Rondo has to have the ball for a good portion of the shot clock to set guys up properly. This is all in vain if guys don't move well without the ball. With Dudley, Lee, and THJ, you have three guys that are fantastic at moving without the ball as well as knocking down perimeter shots while coming off of curl plays and back door passes. These are the little nuances that I've longed for our team to experiment with for a very long time now. This bunch of guys could actually do it. Even if Woody is allergic to smart offense, I think Rondo is that type of dude that just makes a coach look good.
User avatar
Nononsense
 
Joined: June 23, 2005, 3:52 pm

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby big_j_NY » December 9, 2013, 10:29 pm

spree#8 wrote:And why should they fire him? Lakers are playing .500 ball in the tough Western Conference despite having a shitty roster. They also have nothing we would want in return, so I don't see anything on this front developing. They can't trade their 2014 pick, because they have already traded the 2015 one.


This is what I was getting at when I was speaking with Tao in terms of D'Antoni getting fired..............it isn't happening anytime soon with the current circumstances that are displayed before him.

Although, the Lakers acquiring a bunch of young players with "a chip on their shoulder" mindset is essentially the reason why you're seeing D'Antoni stay afloat this season. Once Kobe gets back into his groove, you'll probably see them return to the status quo of how D'Antoni usually performs with "star wing players."

But no, D'Antoni isn't getting fired anytime soon.............and that isn't exactly attracting Carmelo Anthony to push a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers either.

That being said, I personally want D'Antoni fired............b/c of my Knicks bias of what I've already seen him do to our beloved franchise. I would hate to see how the Lakers franchise will look in the long-term while he's still at the coaching helm, a franchise predicated on championships and DEFENSE
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby noypi » December 14, 2013, 11:24 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1886446-inside-the-one-trade-the-knicks-and-clippers-could-discuss-melo-for-griffin

I know it's from BR but would you trade Melo for Blake Griffin of Flop City? I can't stand the guy I think I would start rooting for Clippers just because Melo could possibly compete for the chip this season.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
User avatar
noypi
 
Joined: December 13, 2005, 1:43 am
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby big_j_NY » December 14, 2013, 1:56 pm

Well, that would be equal value in my opinion. Blake Griffin's flopping ass is still one of the top stars in the NBA...............trading Melo for him is essentially getting equal value in return.

Not that the Clippers would do it, but I'm just saying...........I would be ok to that trade
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby knicksfan4life » December 14, 2013, 2:12 pm

I beat him by 4 days! BR is pretty legit now, Jared Zwerling used to work for Sports Illustrated. Anyways, Clips would have to do that deal, Chris Paul would make em do it. It's a good basketball move for them, good business move for the Knicks -- Griffin has 4 years left on his deal.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
User avatar
knicksfan4life
 
Joined: August 3, 2004, 7:44 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: If we insist on trading Melo...

Postby noypi » December 14, 2013, 2:48 pm

knicksfan4life wrote:I beat him by 4 days! BR is pretty legit now, Jared Zwerling used to work for Sports Illustrated. Anyways, Clips would have to do that deal, Chris Paul would make em do it. It's a good basketball move for them, good business move for the Knicks -- Griffin has 4 years left on his deal.


Good call. I think the guy who wrote the article probably reads nykfp and saw your post. :thumbsup:. And the trade actually makes sense for both teams.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
User avatar
noypi
 
Joined: December 13, 2005, 1:43 am
Location: Manila, Philippines


Return to Armchair GM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests