Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Postby nyknicksfan27 » November 1, 2013, 2:38 pm

I would deal one of these swingmen for a PF/C to balance our lineup a little better. I'm guessing Shump would yield more value.

Someone like Greg Monroe (Pistons have a confusing situation with him, Drummond, Josh Smith), Asik (Dwight), some package deal with Denver for Hickson (overloaded front line, injured swingmen, or John Henson/Ekpe Udoh (also overloaded front line, weak sgs/sfs)

Would any of you think it would be a good idea to trade any of these 3 for any one of these bigs? I'd prefer one who could play both positions to start @PF and backup Chandler @C, allowing Bargnani to come off the bench and provide a scoring punch; additionally, we would have an easier time moving melo to the 3
"Where is that Kardashian guy?"

Re: THJ/Shump/JR

Postby nazrmohamed » November 14, 2013, 8:01 pm

For me Id trade any of them for Greg Monroe. See thats more my speed than Faried. Its gotta be for someone who's more than a role player. Greg himself could still improve his game but what we get today is a surefire starter big man who's young, long and pretty skilled.

The other type of player Id look to trade him for is a solid pg. And Im talking about a stud, not a starter on a bad team unless he's young. For instance Ive heard Goran Dragics name out there. Nah thats just a mid tier signing. Id need a PG who would clearly distance himself from Felton and then guess what? Maybe Felton could even have his 6th man thing going.

Postby big_j_NY » November 14, 2013, 8:57 pm

The situation in Detroit is something to pay attention too..........since Josh Smith has really evolved into a PF more than a SF from his younger years, and that will be an issue when it comes to the Pistons wanting to utilize a Monroe-Drummond frontcourt of the future. One of those 2 guys are going to have to go if the Pistons with them committed to Josh Smith as their future.

Monroe or Drummond are definitely guys that would be great for our team

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up

Postby cragganmor » November 15, 2013, 11:47 pm

in order to use melo the best way you have to have him at pf, where his speed and skill advantage are best. if you have monroe as a 4/5 player, then i could see him fitting in quite well, drummond less so.

but while monroe would be a great talent, he's not addressing our most pressing need at pg. we just aren't getting any defense from felton; opposing guards average a PER of 17+ against him and he's shot a miserable 37% from the field, 20% from the arc.

when chandler is back, i like the 3 man rotation of chandler, melo and bargs at the 4 & 5. mwp as a combo forward. jr, shump and thj at the 2 & 3, which packs a lot of youth and athleticism at the swing spots; let these 3 really mesh together and improve, don't deal any of them. pablo running the point, he needs to get 30 mpg consistently. now would be a really good time for jr to get regain his focus from last year.

difficult to move ray right now and if you bench him then his trade value plummets. don't really know what beno can do for us, he's kinda in purgatory right now, but maybe by the trade deadline we can move 1 or both for assets. so it's a tough call, but at some point, woody has to bench felton if he's not cutting it.

Return to Armchair GM