Would you deal Shumpert for Faried?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Would you deal Shumpert for Faried?

Postby knicksfan4life » October 22, 2013, 2:28 pm

Word is, Denver put the feeler out on Faried cause they don't want to pay him. Hypothetically, would you swap our 2011 draft steal for Denvers as both near a time of extension?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Re: Would you deal Shumpert for Faried?

Postby nazrmohamed » October 23, 2013, 8:38 am

Ih do that deal. They'd probably ask for alittle more like Udrih or second rounders which Id still do. You do realize though that that would move JR into the starting lineup for sure right? And you better hope THJ is a quick learner. Id do a deal like this today and on the other line have Donte Jones

Smith/ Jones/ THJ
Chandler/Stdemire/ Kmart

Thats solid.

Postby thewatcher » October 23, 2013, 8:41 am

I'd potentially do that deal at the trade deadline. I want to see Iman for a few more months, he hasnt had a chance to get comfortable since his rookie year. His pre-season has been up and down.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.

Postby spree#8 » October 23, 2013, 10:39 am

Postby Muzhik1 » October 27, 2013, 4:51 pm

Faried was the guy I wanted Knicks to draft, and yes I would make that trade. Knicks get a big who can rebound. Jr will move to the two guard, and THJ will get more playing time to develop.

Postby cragganmor » November 13, 2013, 12:33 am

faried's highest value is in an uptempo system where he's an undersized, but high-energy 4 or 5; karl got the most of him in a run-run game. he's raw offensively, in a halfcourt set his defender will sag off him; shaw has slowed the pace down and faried's production has suffered.

i'd want a better fitting piece than faried for shump, who still has a lot of upside, let him play out the season before making any rash decisions.

Return to Armchair GM