Rondo to the Knicks? (Warning: noncredible "source")

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

rtn393 wrote:Yes, amnesty can only be used by the team that signed the player to the contract, and the contract also has to have been signed before the new CBA.

Since this is a baseless rumor, I'm moving the thread to Armchair GM.
Amare only fulfills the 2nd half of your sentence if traded to Boston............well that fucking sucks, no wonder why the Celtics didn't want to do any trades with us.

But yes, to the Armchair GM section we go
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

The celtics arent going to rebuild around Rondo. He's too competitive and ornery to deal with being the elder leader on a shitty team. The Celtics absolutely know this.

Shumpert, Copeland, 2016 pick . It might take Hardaway Jr. as well, but Rondo is arguably the best distributor in the league and you know he can guard his own man so you gotta do it. If you throw in Camby, it should make the salaries match up and he'll be an expiring, so no biggie for them long term.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
spree#8
Likes given: 540

It is probably a joke. First Garnett and Pierce to the Nets, now Rondo to the Knicks. I'll give this "rumor" zero percent probability of actually happening.
#knickstape
noypi
Likes given: 24

Danny Ainge wants his Big 4 to slug it out in the East before he gets fired for that horrible trade to the Nets.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

It was a great trade for Boston. They got three first rounders for two guys who couldn't help them going forward. Then they still drafted Olynyk.
bobhait
Likes given: 62

nazrmohamed wrote:It was a great trade for Boston. They got three first rounders for two guys who couldn't help them going forward. Then they still drafted Olynyk.
zacly :thumbsup:
sky’s the limit
Nononsense
Likes given: 0

nazrmohamed wrote:It was a great trade for Boston. They got three first rounders for two guys who couldn't help them going forward. Then they still drafted Olynyk.
And they flipped us the bird in the same process. Really not bad for Boston. And it's good for the Nets for the immediate short term. But this really looks like a Zeke move. In two years, when KG is out of the league and Pierce is a shell of his former self, they'll wish they had those three first round draft picks back... two of which are unprotected. God, that sounds so much like Zeke. Dah well... better them than us. Have fun. Oh, and the Russian will end up selling his share of Nets' ownership in 5 years or less. Quote me.
bobhait
Likes given: 62

Non, ive been saying that Prokhororov is a short term investor for a while now. he's got no concept of nba rules, and Billy King is running his team
sky’s the limit
nazrmohamed

But this really looks like a Zeke move. In two years, when KG is out of the league and Pierce is a shell of his former self, they'll wish they had those three first round draft picks back... two of which are unprotected. God, that sounds so much like Zeke. Dah well... better them than us. Have fun. Oh, and the Russian will end up selling his share of Nets' ownership in 5 years or less. Quote me
See I dont even agree with that. Ok so Garnett and Pierce are gonna be out of the league. Then they still got a big three, having spent last two yrs building chemistry while at least reaching the ECF once, and now thy got money to hit free agency. I heard they actually shaved yrs because they shed Gerald Wallaces longer deal. Even if Garnett in only good for one year, in the second year he's an expiring contract. Who cares about draft picks when you'd have picked in the late twenties each yr and you're trying to win now.

And I believe their roster is the most win now in the league.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 159

Non's idea is actually really interesting. The Celtics still having their amnesty puts them in a position to entertain really crazy trades.

I wouldn't be shocked if they're looking to amnesty G-Force though.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

n8 the gr8 wrote:Non's idea is actually really interesting. The Celtics still having their amnesty puts them in a position to entertain really crazy trades.

I wouldn't be shocked if they're looking to amnesty G-Force though.
Well according to the CBA rules which were pointed out by either wash or rtn or spree (whoever posted about this amnesty rule), the amnesty can only be used on players that YOU HAVE SIGNED prior to the new CBA...........not on players you have traded for.

So basically, the Celtics can't amnesty G-Wall..........because the contract that he has was originally by the Nets PLUS it was created after the new CBA was ratified.
Nononsense
Likes given: 0

Okay fellas, I'm back with another wild idea.

Knicks trade Felton, J.R. (early bird sign and trade), and Cope (mini-mid sign and trade) for Rondo.

PG - Rajon Rondo / Pablo Prigioni
SG - Iman Shunpert / Francisco Garcia
SF - Carmelo Anthony / Matt Barnes
PF - Amare Stoudemire / Andrea Bargnani
C - Tyson Chandler / Elton Brand

Rondo/Shump would be a straight up dog back court!! Best defensive back court in the league, hands down. If the Celtics insisted on Shump, then just do this: Felton, Shump, and J.R. for Rondo. Now we keep our mini-mid and can use it on a guy like Nate Robinson.

PG - Rondo / Prigioni
SG - Garcia / Nate
SF - Melo / Barnes
PF - Amare / Bargnani
C - Tyson / Brand

SG is the shakiest position in this scenario, but don't forget about Hardaway Jr. and CJ Leslie. Never know... one of them could pan out to be our answer at that spot.

Now, here's an absolute worst case scenario that Boston can't afford to turn down: Felton, J.R., Shump, and Cope for Rondo. We'd have to use a portion of our mini-mid on Copeland in order to appease that sign and trade. Thus, we'd likely be out of the running for Nate's services. In which case, I'd do this:

PG - Rondo / Prigioni
SG - Garcia / Pietrus
SF - Melo / Barnes
PF - Amare / Bargnani
C - Tyson / Brand

If we're giving up Felton, Shump, J.R., AND Cope, I'd try and insist they include Avery Bradley. He'd take Pietrus' place in the lineup.

The Celtics would be CRAZY to turn down Felton, Shump, J.R., AND Copeland. And again... this is the absolute WORST case scenario, but we'd still be able to fill the gaps effectively with vet min. contracts of guys like Barnes, Garcia, Pietrus, and of course Brand. I really don't want to give up Shump, but I'd really consider even the worst case scenario if it means getting Rondo. Of course this all hinges on Grunwald doing due diligence on Rondo's health status. If it isn't crystal clear that Rondo will be able to return to his pre-injured state, then all bets are off.
nazrmohamed

And thats why we had to resign JR nononsense. Your trade is probably too outlandish and if it happens Ill buy you a steak dinner, but more realistically we sign Jr now, do what we do and then at the trade deadline we're looking at the same types of moves.

Maybe not Rondo but probably a better starter than Felton.