Chandler for Cousins

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Chandler for Cousins

Postby n8 the gr8 » June 27, 2013, 12:11 am

Would anyone else consider a trade like this? Tyson Chandler for Cousins and Salmons works, all three players have 2 years left on their deals I think it makes some sense. The Knicks could even throw in other assets like Prigs, the first rounder this year, future 2nd rounders or whatever.

For Sacramento they lose a headcase and an overpaid player and gain the kind of vet that'd be perfect for mentoring all the young guys. For the Knicks, we get younger, more talented and a guy that has enough talent to be second fiddle on a championship-caliber team. IMO the Knicks with Cousins, Melo, Smith, Felton, Shumpert and whatever Amare can give us would have enough firepower to win it all. Defense and rebounding have to be sured up, obviously but I think Melo needs another second-fiddle. Cousins is the only guy in the league that I think can realistically be acquired that has the talent to put this team over the top.

Plus Shumpert and Cousins would be a sick duo that the Knicks can reload around for 10 plus years.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Re: Chandler for Cousins

Postby bobhait » June 29, 2013, 1:13 pm

no
Hornacek Era prelude
bobhait

Re: Chandler for Cousins

Postby big_j_NY » June 29, 2013, 1:44 pm

We need the right veteran mentors to keep Cousins' headcase tendencies in check. The thing is, Tyson Chandler is one of those veteran mentors..............and we're trading him just to acquire Cousins.

Bring Cousins here, he'll implode quicker than Stephon Marbury and/or Eddy Curry did
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Return to Armchair GM