if David West leaves Indiana...

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

bobhait
Likes given: 63

do you think the Pacers would be interested in trading Danny Granger to the Knicks for Amar'e? I mean, Walsh is the one who brought STAT to New York to begin with, and while Amar'e is injury-prone, Granger is coming off a major knee injury himself (has actually had a few injury-shortened seasons in his 8-year career). besides all the good things Granger would bring as a two-way player, his contract is also of near-expiring variety, with just one year left on it. the Pacers may want to move Danny now, rather than lose him for nothing.
sky’s the limit
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I think they'll move him for a draft pick in the lottery and resign David West. Probably draft the best PG available
bobhait

fair enough
sky’s the limit
nazrmohamed

Yeah, I just have a feeling that the Pacers will move on from Granger. Not that hes a bad guy or anything but its easy to see that the Pacers have moved on and if he were to fit it wold most likely be as a sixth man, which would make them unstoppable except he thinks he should start. Therefore before chemistry issues occur maybe its best to trade him in a deal similar to when Battier or Ray Allen got traded. Minnesota probably has one more chance to keep Kevin Love and this would be it. Trade pick 9 for Granger. Could land them Larkin.
bobhait

I'm thinking in terms of the Pacers wanting to trade Granger, rather than watch him leave for nothing via free agency. also, not sure if Granger can net Indiana a good pick, considering that he is 30 years old and coming off a major knee injury
sky’s the limit
nazrmohamed

bobhait wrote:I'm thinking in terms of the Pacers wanting to trade Granger, rather than watch him leave for nothing via free agency. also, not sure if Granger can net Indiana a good pick, considering that he is 30 years old and coming off a major knee injury
Well if that were to happen you could forget about us being a benefactor. We 're rivals so I doubt it happens. But seriously I think a scenario like I said makes sense. Maybe not the Wolves. It'd be a team that free agents don't want to go to yet they wanna win and get veteran talent.

What about the Blazers. Nicholas Batum and Eric Maynor for Granger. What exactly is Grangers injury anyway?
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

nazrmohamed wrote: What about the Blazers. Nicholas Batum and Eric Maynor for Granger. What exactly is Grangers injury anyway?
Chronic knee tendonitis, the same injury that forced Allan Houston into retirement. It was so chronic that Granger needed two surgeries this season to try to treat that left knee.

If Granger does return successfully, he won't be the same as before and would probably be reduced to a spot-up shooter from the perimeter like Peja Stojakovic.....................or worse, he could end up like Allan Houston and be back on the inactive list during the middle of next season.
bobhait

hey, if nothing else, it'd be an expiring contract - and that's the worst case scenario
sky’s the limit
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

Granger is/was a pretty good player but I just don't see it happening... :arrow:
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
bobhait

yeah, but think about it - we are talking about a 30-year-old player with major knee problems and an expiring contract. unless the goal IS to shed some money, how many teams will be lining up to make a deal with the Pacers for Granger now? and how many of those deal proposals would be better than Amar'e?
sky’s the limit
spree#8
Likes given: 547

If they don't bring David West back, they might be in play for Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson. The Pacers are under the cap without West and could have/create the neccessary cap room easily. Granger is an expiring, so they might get a healthier return if they also decide to part ways with him. The Pacers are in a pretty good situaton but have to make some tough decision regarding West/Granger going forward, because the prime of George/Hibbert/Hill will be some years down the road. A scenario I thought of as likely before last season and before his latest injury problems was a trade of Granger for New Orleans Eric Gordon. Still might be on the horizon if the injury report is not too red flagged and New Orleans wants to get rid of his contract.
#knickstape
nazrmohamed

Thing about the Pacers is thier team is built around blue collar guys that buy in. And while Hibbert and George are the advertised stars of the team, David West is their heart and soul. Hes taken on an Oakley type of role. I think the pacers will do anything to keep him.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

west has said that he wants to stay in indiana; they'll work out a deal.