The One Trade Knicks Must Consider Making

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: The One Trade Knicks Must Consider Making

Postby KnicksFanInSouthFL » June 4, 2013, 12:23 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:I wouldnt say that talent wise Okofor is much worse than Tyson. In fact he was considered preobably better than Chandler until Chandler got to Dallas. See what winning does for you? The perception? They are essentially the same player with Tyson being slightly better on defense due to his length and Okofor having a better touch around the basket. But still nothing elaborate. Same basic plays except Okofor doesnt bobble passes. But the real difference is what I just said. Chandler has been around winning at the nba level and dispite Okofors not so different talents hes pretty much associated with losing.

Im done making excuses for losers. Especially this far into thier careers. Which is why Id rather do a Chandler/Felton for Bledsoe/Jordan deal. Why include Washington at all?

Let's consider that Chandler has had the luxury of playing alongside CP3, Nowitski and Anthony, real NBA talent. Prior to then Chandler was also considered a bust while playing for the Bulls.

Now I'm not saying that they're equal because Chandler's definitely better than Okafor, but like you've already expressed the difference between them is marginal. Besides it's not Okafor's fault that he was drafted by Jordan's lowly Bobcats.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Postby big_j_NY » June 4, 2013, 1:10 pm

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Let's consider that Chandler has had the luxury of playing alongside CP3, Nowitski and Anthony, real NBA talent. Prior to then Chandler was also considered a bust while playing for the Bulls.

Now I'm not saying that they're equal because Chandler's definitely better than Okafor, but like you've already expressed the difference between them is marginal. Besides it's not Okafor's fault that he was drafted by Jordan's lowly Bobcats.

Okafor played with CP3 too, and he essentially performed a lot worse than Tyson did when he played with CP3.

Tyson's problem when he played with CP3 was that he just happened to become injury-prone right after his 2 breakout seasons where he had career-high averages of 12 points, 12 rebis and 2 blks. Okafor on the other hand was absolute garbage from start to finish when he played alongside CP3, and he had better hands and a post-game over Tyson.

This is why I say Tyson is better than Okafor...........Okafor has the skillset to be better than a guy like Tyson Chandler who lacks a fundamental skillset, but he completely underachieves at his entire skillset. Tyson Chandler at least puts his ass on the line DESPITE being "not bulky," lacking an offensive game, and having poor hands to catch the basketball off of the glass. Okafor has slacked off and underachieved since he won Rookie of the Year in 2005.

Not dissing your point KFSF, just basically adding on top of what you said...........because ultimately, both of us agree that Okafor is not better than Tyson
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby maxinquaye11 » June 6, 2013, 7:39 pm

with regards to players being perennial losers,

Has there ever been a player so used to losing in the NBA that became a key contributor for a winning team after being traded?

Worst case : Rashard Lewis
Best case: ?

Okafor is a winner to me just like Melo and Felton were in college. All three have championship pedigree. They just need to play together and for each other I guess in order for them to succeed in the NBA...
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby nazrmohamed » June 7, 2013, 8:33 am

Rishard is actually used to winning. He won on the Sonics, won on the Magic, hes sucked since but at least can tag along now with the Heat.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby maxinquaye11 » June 7, 2013, 9:15 am

You're right Nazr. How could I forget RASHARD of the Orlando Magic. Damn Nazr not even a worst case scenario? Really?Anybody?

Mitch Richmond
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby nazrmohamed » June 7, 2013, 1:35 pm

Jamal Crawford
Eddis Curry
Just about anybody from the knicks that finally escaped the mad house
PHISHER
nazrmohamed