Trade the Lakers into the perfect Dantoni situation.

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Not that I care about the guy but I do like to play GM and at least attempt to design perfect lineups for teams. Not a cap wiz like Spree but I got me some realgm and a sense of how players will fit in under different systems. So lets try to create Dantonis dream Laker team with a couple trade scenarios. The player I see not fitting the most is Gasol. I think Dantoni could make it work in terms of not sucking anywhere as bad as Brown did but its still not ideal.

Trade1- LA/Minn

Pau Gason, Jordan Hill& Devin Ebanks for Andre Kirelinko, Brandon Roy Nikola Pekovic and Derrick Williams
Pau gives the TWolves a quality player they'll never get in FA, which could in turn keep Love in Minny. They actually fit each others games well. Gasol provides them with veteran leadership and has relationship with Rubio as well. The lakers get their perfect stretch combo forward in Ak47 and alittle depth off the bench with Roy and Williams

Nash/Blake
Meeks/Roy
Kobe/Artest
Ak47/Williams
Dwight/Pekovic
nazrmohamed

Trade 2-La/Philly
Pau Gasol for Thadeus Young, Jason Richardson and Lavoy Allen
Philly just isn't ever gonna get outta that lower tier even with Bynum.......if he ever comes back the same playing like 4 guards. Gasol gives them some much needed size right now and when Bynum comes back they could have the strongest front court in the East

Nash/Blake
Richardson/Meeks
Kobe/Artest
Young/Hill
Howard/Allen
phil
Likes given: 0

here's another suggestion to take care of the gasol situation and yes, it includes us and works salary-wise:

NYK gets: L.Deng (SF/13.3M/2Y) from CHI, E.Clark (SF/1.2M/1Y) from LAL (waived immediately, I had to include him to match the salaries)

LAL gets: A.Stoudemire (PF/20M/3Y) from NYK, R.Hamilton (SG/5M/2Y) from CHI

CHI gets: P.Gasol (PF/19M/2Y) from LAL

We turn Amare into a very useful player, someone who can defend and rebound while also being capable on the offense. He may be overpaid a little but I prefer him at 13 mil for 2 years over paying Amare 60 Mil for the next 3.

The Lakers get 2 players that D'Antoni will love. He already knows Amare and Rip should fit his system very well, either coming from the bench or starting at SG with Kobe at SF.

The Bulls pay a lot to get Gasol, I have to admit that, but without D-Rose their season is sh*t anyway... Once he's back they'll have a very good team though, they'll just have to find a way to convert Boozer (now obsolete because of Pau) into pieces that fit with D-Rose, Gasol and Noah.

A Win-Win-Win in my book.
Nononsense

phil wrote:here's another suggestion to take care of the gasol situation and yes, it includes us and works salary-wise:

NYK gets: L.Deng (SF/13.3M/2Y) from CHI, E.Clark (SF/1.2M/1Y) from LAL (waived immediately, I had to include him to match the salaries)

LAL gets: A.Stoudemire (PF/20M/3Y) from NYK, R.Hamilton (SG/5M/2Y) from CHI

CHI gets: P.Gasol (PF/19M/2Y) from LAL
If we're trading Amare to LA, I'd much rather just do a simple 2-team trade of Amare for Pau straight up. Pau > Deng. Especially for our squad. Pau really would fit in nice here. He'd solve our rebounding problem. He's also an effective post player as well as a pick and pop option. And don't forget, Pau is probably the best passing pf in the game today. On top of it all, you could actually put Pau at center and slide Melo to pf when Tyson sits. Lots of options.

Until Amare and Shump gets back, and until Camby and Sheed gets their conditioning up to par, we could go with this 9 man rotation:

PG - Felton / Prigioni
SG - Kidd / J.R.
SF - Melo / Brewer
PF - Pau / Novak
C - Tyson / Pau

At full strength, Woodson would have to make some decisions, but here's our depth chart:

PG - Felton / Kidd / Prigioni
SG - Shump / J.R. / White
SF - Melo / Brewer / Copeland
PF - Pau / Novak / KT
C - Tyson / Camby / Sheed

I'd probably just go with the starters and their immediate backups, but that's a beautiful problem to have. But I'd much rather add Pau Gasol to this team than Loul Deng. Honestly, I think either of them would fit seemlessly into what Woodson has implemented. But Gasol just addresses our only weakness (rebounding). Plus, Gasol just adds yet another very intelligent player to this team.

Oh, and I'm not necessarily giving up on Amare. I'm just saying... if we trade him in this scenario, I want Gasol.
nazrmohamed

I just think that Amare has any value right now. Sure Gasol is better than Deng but I was about to tell phil that the Bulls might laugh at the notion of Amare at this point. The Bulls will just not compromise their defense for offense, so why would they do it for an offensive player who's no longer elite? Especially when they got Boozer already there.

We're stuck with Stat.
Nononsense

nazrmohamed wrote:I just think that Amare has any value right now. Sure Gasol is better than Deng but I was about to tell phil that the Bulls might laugh at the notion of Amare at this point. The Bulls will just not compromise their defense for offense, so why would they do it for an offensive player who's no longer elite? Especially when they got Boozer already there.

We're stuck with Stat.
Naz, Phil's trade had Amare landing in L.A., not Chicago. And I actually think they'd consider it since Nash and now D'Antoni are both there.

Nash/Kobe/Amare/Dwight/D'Antoni = The Los Angelas Super Suns... on steroids.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

have a difficult time believing that stat has any trade value right now. trading for a player with a bad health history is risky; ask sixers fans if they feel burnt by acquiring bynum. we should be looking forward to getting back amare and integrating him with this squad. if another team starts asking us, inquiring about him then fine, that's business, but right now nobody's calling about amare.

somehow, i don't think philly will want to do business again with the lakers, so little faith in #2. i like trade #1 better, there's something there as trading partners.