Blow it all up in 5 easy steps

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Nononsense
Likes given: 0

I realize you folks are all giddy about the 30+ point win tonight, but the same problems that existed yesterday still exist today. Here's 5 easy steps to blow it all up and pretend none of this ever happened.

1. Amare/Tyson for Dwight/Hedo.
2. Melo for Deron.
3. K-Mart for the mini mid.
4. Fire D'Antoni.
5. Hire JVG.

PG - Deron Williams / Baron Davis / Mike Bibby
SG - Iman Shumpert / Toney Douglas / Bill Walker
SF - Hedo Turkoglu / Landry Fields / Steve Novak
PF - Kenyon Martin / Josh Harrelson / Renaldo Balkman
C - Dwight Howard / Jared Jeffries / Jerome Jordan

Coach - Jeff Van Gundy
MrMajik2

Fuck this
"Today, we celebrate not just another win vs a rival, but the end of their sadistic rule over our hopes and dreams. There is nothing left to fear. The New York Knicks are just better." - H20Knicks
Nononsense

So Maj, I'm guessing you're saying that our current team is better than the one above. I guess you're saying that if our current team faced the team above, you'd predict a win. :hmm:
Last edited by Nononsense on January 25th, 2012, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
knicksfan4life

Armchair GM.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Nononsense

knicksfan4life wrote:Armchair GM.
After you. http://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34186
knicksfan4life

got me. I was offering the question as to whether or not it's time to make a minor panic move, but your right it did belong there too.. otoh.your cleaning house and re-building Prokohorov style. I didn't mean offense by my comment, just doesn't seem likely imo.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

blow it all up after 17 games? a bit hasty.

i agree that this team is poorly conceived, but think about it, there are 3 different chefs in the kitchen:
- amare was brought in by amare
- melo was brought in by dolan
- chandler was brought in by grunwald

too many chefs in the kitchen, no consistent view of building the team. jmo, but we've had too much roster churn as it is. we need to figure out how to be successful with what we have, make some small moves to plug gaps in the roster.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Nononsense wrote:So Maj, I'm guessing you're saying that our current team is better than the one above. I guess you're saying that if our current team faced the team above, you'd predict a win. :hmm:

No but everyhing from the 2-4 is very weak. Youre basically resting your success on Hedo and KMart atthe 2-3 and Shump at the two, which is fine but Shump really needs to be our worst wing. Not our best. You had better trade lastnight with Jameer instead of Hedo while we kept Melo. And the midlevel on AK 47
washingtonparkjones

Worst. Thread. Ever.
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 63

washingtonparkjones wrote:Worst. Thread. Ever.
X2!
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
NYK Fan

washingtonparkjones wrote:Worst. Thread. Ever.
X3!

We all know it's a government conspiracy for our failure to win.
Everyone finally realizes Carmelo isn't worth the max contract.

"...Carmelo... has only won a total of three playoff series... His team has won only 23 of the 66 playoff games... (a 34.8 winning percentage). That’s one the worst individual postseason records in NBA history... (Source http://bit.ly/TEn08g)"

"Jackson... likes Jeremy Lin’s game and has had his eye on the point guard since his rookie season in Golden State..." (Source http://bit.ly/1mapt5m)

Knick fan since 1987
GODZILLA

For all of the people you have surrounding Howard and Williams, it would be the same team just different stars, and probably worst. Dumping Dantoni is good though!
KNICKS 2013!
nbafreak724

The most mind-boggling part of this massive overhaul is that even after all of these moves, Jared Jeffries is still on this team.
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
bobhait
Likes given: 63

nbafreak724 wrote:The most mind-boggling part of this massive overhaul is that even after all of these moves, Jared Jeffries is still on this team.
he's going to retire a Knick and his ashes will be sprinkled over the roof of the Garden - or as the MSG crew calls it, "Stage 5 of the renovation"
sky’s the limit
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Wait at least till after the playoffs until starting a blow up campaign, maybe longer.
#knickstape
Nononsense

Anybody that denies these moves would make us a better team is just in denial. A top 2 pg in this league that gets everyone involved. The best center in the league and a dpoy candidate every year for many years to come. Also, the best rebounder in the game today, with Love right there as well. Howard should win multiple rebounding titles for years to come. The rest is a gravy. Somebody mentioned positions 2-4. Well with Deron running the show, he'll be sure to get everyone easy shots. He'll make the 2-4 players look better than what they really are, especially with Dwight on the floor drawing alot of attention. Go get Kirilenko for the mle this summer, and we're set.

Starters: Deron, Shump, Hedo, AK47, Dwight.

Rotational players: Baron, Fields, Kenyon, and Harrelson.

Believe it or not, that's plenty of offense. Shump, Hedo, and AK47 would thrive in this lineup. Each of them could average 15 ppg in this situation. Deron, Hedo, and AK47 are great passers at their position. With those three, I have no doubt that ball movement would be fluid and the ball would find the open man. Again, with Deron orchestrating and Dwight drawing double and triple teams, guys like Hedo, AK47, Fields, and Harrelson will be wide open on the perimeter. Baron would be a great backup pg. I think he'd relish that role because he could be instant offense as well as a playmaker. That's really his game anyway. He'd wreak havoc on opposing second units. I envision Fields actually playing like he did during the early part of his rookie campaign. He's the type of role player that has to find his niche. He'd be a part of a system that has clear direction and constant ball movement. That's where he shines. Kenyon would come off the bench and bring continued solid defense in the paint when AK47 sits.

You guys can argue that Orlando or NJ wouldn't do this. You can even argue that Grunwald wouldn't do this. But you can't argue that these deals wouldn't make us better.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I never remember seeing AK47 in the original thread or else i might give it a better grade.
Nononsense

Well, the original thread was just moves for right now. But I've been advocating AK47 for the mle for a while now in other threads. I just thought I'd show what the long term effect of this route looks like. Those deals would really balance this team out. Right now, we're just closing our eyes, crossing our fingers, rooting for this colossal mess we so loosely call a team, and hoping for a win. :warp:
washingtonparkjones

Nononsense wrote:You guys can argue that Orlando or NJ wouldn't do this. You can even argue that Grunwald wouldn't do this. But you can't argue that these deals wouldn't make us better.
lol. Trading three impact players for two, and no one can even argue this is a stupid fucking idea....... :LOL:

Turk blows and this is throwing shit at a wall to see what might stick.
Nononsense

washingtonparkjones wrote:lol. Trading three impact players for two, and no one can even argue this is a stupid fucking idea....... :LOL:

Turk blows and this is throwing shit at a wall to see what might stick.
Park, first off.... tone it down bud. No need to curse me.

Second, you argue that we have three impact players... Well, individually they may be impact players, but collectively they've proved otherwise. Basketball is a team sport. There's no way you could possibly believe that our current mix of players would get better results than the one I posted above.

Third, we get the two best players in the whole situation in Dwight and Deron.

Fourth, Hedo isn't garbage. He's not worth his contract, but he's certainly not garbage. He's shooting 43.3% from 3pt land. I guess we couldn't use that, right? For all the long faces over losing Gallo... Well, Hedo is actually a much better shooter. He's also averaging 4.6 apg. And this isn't like Melo's 4.3 apg where the entire offense is focused around him and he has the ball for half of the shot clock either. Hedo gets his assists in the flow of the game. I guess we couldn't use that either, right?