[Rd. 1, Game 1: 2024 Playoffs] Sixers v Knicks, 20 April, 6:00pm, ESPN

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

maxinquaye11
Likes given: 7

Oubre is defending Jalen. What is the counter?

We should exploit the whoever-smaller-maxey -is-defending match up. We do this we also tire out Maxey or slow him down somewhat on offense.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

maxinquaye11 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 9:33 pm How can coach help brunson with taller Oubre on him is the question.
Even if Brunson dodges Oubre, the 2nd person that covers Brunson is literally Lowry.

Shit 90% of the Brunson double-teams is literally Oubre & Lowry..........Maxey doesn't even have to waste any energy at all on defense. Nick Nurse literally has the accommodation of those 2 guys at all times.

We need a guy to drain out Maxey's energy, either on the offensive or defensive end.........cuz Nick Nurse literally has 2 top tier defenders stalking Brunson at all times, either in single coverage or in double teams.

If Donte cannot find his Big Ragu to get a Philly defender to actually look at him, Deuce needs to play more
Last edited by big_j_NY on April 20th, 2024, 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users liked big_j_NY’s post:
rebound (April 20th, 2024, 9:48 pm)
rebound
Likes given: 1156

nazrmohamed wrote: April 20th, 2024, 9:37 pm Idk who would say Josh Hart sucks but surely he doesn't suck. Not always the mist efficient but it's alnost like when Cs say they earn thier 3s the hard way. Meaning the score and the foul. Well Hart's just gonna have night where you gotta ignore the percentages and look at the clutchness of when he gets hot plus all the intangibles he brings. Dude was great tonight

Bojan wasn't the best shooter tonight but he was aggressive and made allot of small plays. Some solid passes.

Obviously seeing Mitch help us at the right time is my favorite story. He had one job and he did it today

Idkwtf Deuce McBrides been on lately but he might need to invest in a lightning bolt left earring pretty soon. Kid showed up like a boss, no fear, just dropping shots.
josh hart doesnt suck but he's an extremely tricky player to utilize because he's a junk yard dog at the guard spot, where as thibs just defaults to josh hart 40 plus mins. he fits better with mitch and mcbride than he does with ddv and hartenstein.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
maxinquaye11

Brunson can take care of the second defender. Oubre blocking / bothering his short pops from behind is a prob.

spree#8
Likes given: 548

Not pretty, but Thibs went with his gut in this one and we did it. 1-0
These users liked spree#8’s post:
NYGM (April 21st, 2024, 7:40 am)
#knickstape
DreOfficial

I always talk bad about J Hart, but they dared him to shoot it, and he executive marvelously.
spree#8

Our bench with unreal plus-minus numbers. We basically stole a game here folks! Should look better once JB and DiVo show up. Love it that we won this one with Hart, Deuce, Mitch and even Bojan being the heroes.
#knickstape
Minkaveli
Likes given: 178

This guy has been very accurate with his diagnosis. I think sadly he's right.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
maxinquaye11

Hart has a good shooting form at least. I’ll take that over RJ’s which is really ugly.

Even Josh’s coast to coast off of rebounds finish is actually better.

NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 165

Great win! 1 down, 3 more to go.

This game went off the script with JB’s shot off, DDV’s also… Deuce kept us in this one with a good contribution from Bogey, and Hart closed it down. But the strongest man was Mitch who bothered Joel like a badly repaired knee.

I don’t think the following games will look like this one. We will get back to JB and Donte as our main scorers. If they double JB then one of DDV and OG is free which should be enough.

I’m sorry for Embiid but he should take a break for a couple of months. Friendly advice.

Lowry is the king of inconsistency except when going up against us. What did we do to him? Get your fat ass a breather and screw up a couple of games, Kyle.

Let’s go Knicks !!
These users liked NewlyKnicked’s post:
n8 the gr8 (April 22nd, 2024, 7:46 am)
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
spree#8

big_j_NY wrote: April 20th, 2024, 9:28 pm Kyle Lowry is more a fucking problem here than he was with Miami........shockingly enough, Lowry was a problem for the Knicks in last year's playoffs WITH MIAMI.

We need to make adjustments for this very reason (I don't think Donte is getting benched, but I see his ass getting a short leash for the rest of the series)
Nah, DiVo will win us the next game.
#knickstape
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

The starters need to make an adjustment when the Sixers zone up on JB. Move IH above the foul line to quickly receive a pass, pull Embiid away from the basket, look for cutters to the rim or kick to open corner shooters.
NYGM
Likes given: 510

This is the type of game when you really see the work this FO and coaching staff have put on building this team.

Seen guys like Mitch and Deuce got to a level where they can really impact playoffs games is great.

What about our depth?

JB, DDV and IHart were off tonight and we were able to get this win regardless.

I expect those guy to bounce back and this should be a fun series.

Thibs coached a great game, the moves he made get us this win.
Arock1000
Likes given: 267

NYGM wrote: April 21st, 2024, 7:46 am This is the type of game when you really see the work this FO and coaching staff have put on building this team.

Seen guys like Mitch and Deuce got to a level where they can really impact playoffs games is great.

What about our depth?

JB, DDV and IHart were off tonight and we were able to get this win regardless.

I expect those guy to bounce back and this should be a fun series.

Thibs coached a great game, the moves he made get us this win.
Thibs was great matching up vs their strengths...he has a chance to shut up the doubters now and forever
bigjeep4
Likes given: 871

Embiid was not the same player in the second half! He is hurting! I guess with some time off, he can recover, but I wonder if he will be able to play much more!
Last edited by bigjeep4 on April 21st, 2024, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game 7 Knicks vs Lakers

“Red Holtzman: You know my mama wanted me to be a farmer.
Willis Reed: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.
Red Holtzman: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn Center I ever saw. Suit up.”
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

spree#8 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 6:12 am Nah, DiVo will win us the next game.
HE NEEDS TO
bobhait
Likes given: 65

Josh Hart is the only starter who had a good game, and these Knicks still won’t the game. Jalen will bounce back in Game 2
sky’s the limit
NYGM
Likes given: 510

cragganmor
Likes given: 93

bigjeep4 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 11:04 am Embiid was not the same player in the second half! He is hurting! I guess with some time off, he can recover, but I wonder if he will be able to play much more!
He was hurting but still the reigning MVP. Don't discount Mitch's ability to play with a very high motor, fast feet. My fave play was him quickly rotating to block Maxey, catch the blocked shot falling out of bounds and bouncing it off the out of bounds Maxey. That was brilliant.
These users liked cragganmor’s post:
Rusty La Rue (April 22nd, 2024, 3:23 am)
bobhait
Likes given: 65

that off the backboard to himself move Embiid pulled off in the first half, he had to, because that was the only way he could shake Mitch loose. it is unfortunate that he got hurt there, but considering how injury-plagued our team has been this season, I can only sympathize so much
sky’s the limit