[Merged] Kanter Buyout- Signs with Blazers

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rebound
Likes given: 1104

taowave wrote:Are you Nuts???

This is a major blow to the Tank :P

it seriously might be. matthews was a brickmaster on par with timmy with slightly better defense but worse overall scoring. the fact that fizdale was starting him 1 game in is mind-boggling.
kanter was an automatic L when he'd get into the game.

i expect the knicks to surpass chi,phx, and cle.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

Respect to Enes and good luck wherever he lands.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Koopa Troopa wrote:

Respect to Enes and good luck wherever he lands.
Classy dude.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

shakespeare wrote:I remember Kanter all on social media daring LeBron and KD to accept the challenge and blah, blah, blah.

And, months later, the Knicks turned around and released him.

Pure comedy.
He was annoying. And I'm not even as mad as everyone else with him wanting to play but dude never stfu. Hes like that coworker that has to fill every minute with verbiage.
Sam
Likes given: 2

I'll miss Kanter because he was a Knick through and through. It would have been nice to have him as part of a championship team someday. Even if he was a bit crazy he always stood up for the Knicks on social media and I'll always remember how he protected Frank from LeBron.

But he willingly opted in to his contract and should have understood what was he was getting into and been cool with the tank.

I wish him the best.
gradyandrew

No one is going to talk about him taking on the dictator for life " President Erdogan?" Seriously, in a world where Kyries musings are taken as deep philosophy, he's the most courageous guy in the NBA. He lost his citizenship because of his political stance, ie Gullen had nothing to do with the false flag coup. If you guys can't respect the guy for that, you can go fuck yourselves.
Randle in the Rafters
gradyandrew

Seriously, on Erdogans last trip here his security staff beat up peaceful protesters and the US govt waited until they were safely out of the country to press charges. There ain't no diplomatic immunity for that shit, just the US putting politics over the law. And this 25 year old is the one guy who's calling out this bullshit? If you can't respect the guy for that and your problem comes down to him being slow on his feet, you really need to get your head out of your ass.
Randle in the Rafters
Ari_Ingus

gradyandrew wrote:Seriously, on Erdogans last trip here his security staff beat up peaceful protesters and the US govt waited until they were safely out of the country to press charges. There ain't no diplomatic immunity for that shit, just the US putting politics over the law. And this 25 year old is the one guy who's calling out this bullshit? If you can't respect the guy for that and your problem comes down to him being slow on his feet, you really need to get your head out of your ass.
I guess i need to get my head taken out of my ass. We have our own problems, US have its own problems, many places have by far bigger issues so tbh i personally dont care whats happening in Turkey. What I know when i visited Germany, there are many Turks who could try to fix that? I come here to read what smart ppl write aboit one of my favorite sports game, tryo to learn new stuff here and there and sometimes leave a commend. I have different places where to discuss political staff.
Do I think its brave what Kanter does - yes. Does it increase respect from me towards him as a basketball player ? Nope. Does it increase his value in basketball ? No.
Ari_Ingus

Anyways, had huge respect for the guy until saw few videos where his defence ability was discussed and reviewed. Then he sign by himself 18mil contract and complaints all the time on twiter even more than KP did. I`m really happy for him and let`s see if the same will happen in next team
NYGM
Likes given: 473

Kanter was happy when he was featured. Just that, there is no sense of team leadership once he stop playing..

Opting in was his call, went for the money and got it..
Ari_Ingus

NYGM wrote:Kanter was happy when he was featured. Just that, there is no sense of team leadership once he stop playing..

Opting in was his call, went for the money and got it..
Do I understand it correctly, he got to collect all the dollars from Dolan + extra dollars from the new contract he makes ? (if anyone will need him).
NYGM

Yes.. The buyot is usually for less than the total amount of the contract..

So the new team ends paying the difference or something around that..
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Loved the fire and character. A total beast in the post and a great teammate. He would have been my fav player if only he could set a few solid screens, have less love for his rebound scores and show a little D.

Farewell big man
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
gradyandrew

OKC just released Alex Abrines. They only have two PF/C on the roster. I'd be surprised if Enes doesn't make a return.

Also, it will be fun to watch PG13get on him about how to cover a pick and roll.
Randle in the Rafters
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Fxck Adam Silver
gradyandrew

Forgot about Portland wanting him in 2015. Should be a good spot for Kanter, he can get plenty of meaningful minutes running the PandR with Lillard and McCollum. I bet his DPRM will jump from the 1percentile to 20 by the end of the season because, you know Portland has a coach.
Randle in the Rafters
dcapodic

Are some of you that are cutting on Kanter now the same ones that were praising him beyond belief early in the season? A steal....gritty...hard worker....wants to be in NYC....etc.....

Now, because he complained that he wanted to play more he is a complainer?!? Isn't that exactly what you want from a player?!? Remember, he didn't sign with the Knicks, he got traded here and he embraced the opportunity. You cannot say he did not give his all....he worked harder than most I have seen in a while. Ok, he opted into his big contract, so that means he has to put up with not playing because "he knew what he was getting into"?!? Oh really....did anyone here know that the NYK were gonna suck this bad cause most people had a lot higher win total for them.

Wow, this roller coaster of emotions....appreciate a guy for what he brings, he doesn't have to be trash just cause he leaves.

I liked his attitude, the way he did not back down from other players or challenges. He at least brought something and I can't hold the fact that he wanted to play and wanted top win against him. This is what players are supposed to want.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
NYGM

dcapodic wrote:Are some of you that are cutting on Kanter now the same ones that were praising him beyond belief early in the season? A steal....gritty...hard worker....wants to be in NYC....etc.....

Now, because he complained that he wanted to play more he is a complainer?!? Isn't that exactly what you want from a player?!? Remember, he didn't sign with the Knicks, he got traded here and he embraced the opportunity. You cannot say he did not give his all....he worked harder than most I have seen in a while. Ok, he opted into his big contract, so that means he has to put up with not playing because "he knew what he was getting into"?!? Oh really....did anyone here know that the NYK were gonna suck this bad cause most people had a lot higher win total for them.

Wow, this roller coaster of emotions....appreciate a guy for what he brings, he doesn't have to be trash just cause he leaves.

I liked his attitude, the way he did not back down from other players or challenges. He at least brought something and I can't hold the fact that he wanted to play and wanted top win against him. This is what players are supposed to want.
He had an option.. Opted in knowing what could happen..

Courtney Lee played it professionally, he understood the situation..

He opted for the money and that's ok.. But he knew things could get this way and that's on him..
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Courtney Lee is 33 and not getting burn because guys were actually better than him.

Kanter was 26, told he was too old when Jordan was brought in and given minutes despite being in his 30s, Burke is 26, THJ is 26, and Kadeem Allen is 26. With Mitch on the injured list, there wasn't really anyone better than Kanter.

At 26 and able to score effectively and get lots of rebis, youre going to feel some type of way about not even being able to get minutes on the worst team in the league. Lee is just happy to be in the NBA at this point.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Koopa Troopa

H20Knick wrote:Courtney Lee is 33 and not getting burn because guys were actually better than him.

Kanter was 26, told he was too old when Jordan was brought in and given minutes despite being in his 30s, Burke is 26, THJ is 26, and Kadeem Allen is 26. With Mitch on the injured list, there wasn't really anyone better than Kanter.

At 26 and able to score effectively and get lots of rebis, youre going to feel some type of way about not even being able to get minutes on the worst team in the league. Lee is just happy to be in the NBA at this point.

Yeah it was a weird situation cause we all knew he had no future here so it was pointless to use him. Kanter handled it well though. Yeah he wanted minutes, thats fine. But he also didnt let it ruin him.