Hey ya, should Kanter be the latest Knicks outcast?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

I love Kanter's fire but it may be time to say bye bye :arrow:

This article destroys Enes' game both in defense (obviously) and in offense:
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019 ... nd-offense

Nothing new here, but it begs the question: should we make Kanter into our latest player on our long list of outcasts from the team? He's already benched and playing less, but if we want to implement a good system shouldn't we bring the hammer down on players not following the gameplay, skipping screens, posting up when they should be spacing, forgetting defensive assignments... ? Should we give him the Fiz doghouse treatment indefinitely (or until he gets those concepts whichever comes first). We'd still be terrible mind you, but maybe the young guys could develop some kind of feeling of how BB is supposed to go down if there wasn't such a bad influence in the middle. Plus Kornet is a better poorman's KP and we need to prepare for the seasons of glory to come (someday maybe).
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Ari_Ingus
Likes given: 0

Wasn`t Kanter the guy with player option for this year?
He knew KP was injured, right? He knew it will be tanking year, he knew the team consists of newcomers and rookies.
Now he complaints that he deserves more time, that he is good enough to be a starter. He hates loosing and wants to play for the win.
Then again, why the hell you signed with NYK ? And if you are so damn good, why didn`t you go for more money on team which is heading for the play offs?

Really annoying person, if I was a fan of Kanter last season, then this season he is in the same bucket with Tim IMO
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I would just waive him. No crazy negotiations drawn out in the media. I cant say hes earned time past this year but hes earned the right to go to another team if he chooses for the rest of his contract. I am probably one of the few who dont hate him from a production standpoint. I know hes not a starting big man in todays NBA but I know very few players that'll give you a double double in under 20 minutes. We just dont have the type of team to support what his true role should be and we paid him too much to do that role. That's not his problem, its ours.

But where I wont miss Kanter is his inability to..SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

The guy literally never stops talking. And it's not all bad but the fact that its him you just wanna punch him in the face
shakespeare

Kanter will be gone soon enough.

Knicks are tanking and not even Kanter “recruiting” LeBron and Durant can stop this tank.

BTW, I see what you did with the thread title.
#TeamTank
Don Che
Likes given: 9

once mitch comes back and gets in a groove....release kanter.
NewlyKnicked

shakespeare wrote:Kanter will be gone soon enough.

Knicks are tanking and not even Kanter “recruiting” LeBron and Durant can stop this tank.

BTW, I see what you did with the thread title.
:-D
NewlyKnicked

nazrmohamed wrote:I would just waive him. No crazy negotiations drawn out in the media. I cant say hes earned time past this year but hes earned the right to go to another team if he chooses for the rest of his contract. I am probably one of the few who dont hate him from a production standpoint. I know hes not a starting big man in todays NBA but I know very few players that'll give you a double double in under 20 minutes. We just dont have the type of team to support what his true role should be and we paid him too much to do that role. That's not his problem, its ours.

But where I wont miss Kanter is his inability to..SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

The guy literally never stops talking. And it's not all bad but the fact that its him you just wanna punch him in the face
I tend to agree. I dont see the point in keeping him around if he can't take the demotion to the bench. The only real value for our rebuild he could be bringing is his fire and that's nullify when he's openly complaining.

Front should be manned from now on by
PF Knox/Vonleh/Hezonja (better at PF than SF for the Magic last season)/Thomas
C Vonleh/Mitch/Kornet
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

Shake him like a Polaroid picture.
shakespeare

Irv wrote:Shake him like a Polaroid picture.
Ha. Good one.

https://giphy.com/gifs/outkast-OsOVkFlWwxfu8
#TeamTank
spree#8
Likes given: 540

No. The goal is to get the most out of every player, not to pay them for nothing. Anyways, the team is cool with Kanter, so what's the problem again? :?
#knickstape
Ari_Ingus

spree#8 wrote:No. The goal is to get the most out of every player, not to pay them for nothing. Anyways, the team is cool with Kanter, so what's the problem again? :?
He is criticize management/Fiz, that is not good at this point as management is trying to not just rebuild the team but the whole image of the NYK.
spree#8

Ari_Ingus wrote: He is criticize management/Fiz, that is not good at this point as management is trying to not just rebuild the team but the whole image of the NYK.
He is frustrated, that's all. Nothing to be worried about. Everyone in the NBA is understanding it. A simple case of both sides being right.
#knickstape
Ari_Ingus

spree#8 wrote:He is frustrated, that's all. Nothing to be worried about. Everyone in the NBA is understanding it. A simple case of both sides being right.
Sorry man but I dont agree.
He said that he can`t stand being on bench if the team is losing, he wants to help win. But come on, he would do actually more damage, he is being abused on daily basis. Don`t be stubborn and understand, that its your fault you are at bench, you are not all-star level and won`t be. I feel like Fiz is trying to win each game, if so and you are on bench, it means a better player is on the field. Get over it, get better and prove you are a starter. Or just go to Management and say, hey, I want a trade, let the rookies play and I will try to win somewhere else. I doubt management will say something about that and understnad. Why go to twitter ?
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Likely.

One thought, Enes will not be traveling to London for an upcoming game due to safety concerns around Turkish intelligence agents. If the NBA sours on him this summer, then playing in Europe is a non starter.
Ari_Ingus

cragganmor wrote:Likely.

One thought, Enes will not be traveling to London for an upcoming game due to safety concerns around Turkish intelligence agents. If the NBA sours on him this summer, then playing in Europe is a non starter.
It`s very dangerous for Enes to go to an Islamic country with a lot of supporters to the dictator. I`m sure everyone will just support him and he can play like in Russia, Spain, Italy.
spree#8

Hezonja: "I got him happy, finally! Enes Kanter is happy guys!" :LOL:
#knickstape
NewlyKnicked

spree#8 wrote:No. The goal is to get the most out of every player, not to pay them for nothing. Anyways, the team is cool with Kanter, so what's the problem again? :?
The problem raised by the article is that kanter is a negative influence when on the floor as he has bad tendencies like never setting a proper screen and his overall defense. Does his good character and fire couterbalance that ? That’s my question
NYGM
Likes given: 473

Relax guys.. We are playing for the deadline.. To make guys attractive so they can find a new home or a better situation for them..

After that you finally going to see the youth movement at full force..

Enes had a lot of chances to prove how valuable he could be for a playoff team interested in his services already.. The same for other players.. Just need to be patient and see if you can package some of those players and move on..
NewlyKnicked

I’m not seeing us getting anything for our outcasts (Enes, lance, Courtney, Mario, and to a lesser degree Trey). If trade there is, well probably either take back bad contracts or send picks
spree#8

NewlyKnicked wrote: The problem raised by the article is that kanter is a negative influence when on the floor as he has bad tendencies like never setting a proper screen and his overall defense. Does his good character and fire couterbalance that ? That’s my question
The answer to your initial question is no - as I said - and to this new one, yes. You could destroy basically every Knick this season when looking at their influence on the floor, so no need to single Kanter out and create a distraction from being a team that tries to develop when there is none. Just take a look at the worst real plus minus players for example: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/12

Trier, Ntilikina and Knox are among the seven worst players when it comes to a positive impact on the floor this season. We still want to develop those three, right? So we just let Fiz do his job and don't create any unnecessary drama. Before someone says: but Kanter is the one...

Blah, blah, blah. Every player should be embarrassed and disappointed by the way we regressed in the last 15 or so games, so a few guys voicing their disappointment is absolutely Ok. Perry and Fizdale also seem to have handled it well when looking at how Fiz used Kanter the last two games and how Kanter responded on the floor.
#knickstape