What's everyones thoughts on Fizdale's lineups?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Knickyankee3
Likes given: 0

I have league pass so I have stomached as much as every game as humanly possible, as difficult as it is watching this horrible team.
My thoughts are- I understand he's basically tanking the season, we don't have KP so he's ok jus developing the kids and losing, its a difficult spot for him. However I still have to question a few things, we still need to have somewhat of an attractive destination to free agents and, winning some games actually will help development more than anything so in that respect demoting Kanter to the bench I just don't get it. Unless he has basically said he isn't part of the future, but I think Kanter is a very useful guy to have around long term as a walking double double. Don't get me wrong, of all the young kids to show promise it is Mitchell Robinson, but I really think Robinson needs to come off the bench as it does no one any good for him to play 9 mins and have 5 fouls.
Ntilikina, I understand he's basically putting him in 5 different positions because he is of no use offensively, but sooner or later you have to focus on a position for him, my ideal position for him is on the trade block immediately quite honestly, I've seen more than enough of him and his awful offensive game, but I see he is trying to see what we have with him, but one week he's a small forward then he's starting the point, at one point last night Robinson picked up a foul and he had him trying to defend Vucinic in the 4th and he got pulverised, and we got destroyed on the glass with Kanter on the bench.
Whats with Trey Burke? He starts him day 1, then he's completely abandoned One week he's DNP'd then he's getting 30 mins scoring 30 points...his use of him makes no sense. He's one of the only guys on the entire roster that can hit a jumper and make his own shot apart from Tim Hardaway and Trier.
Knox also looks rawer than most of our unheralded kids quite honestly.
There really needs to be consistent rotations, because quite honestly they are all over the place, and guys look confused, about confused as I am watching these starting lineups.
I give a lot of credit to Tim H, and Kanter who have done everything asked of them, but there is such a lack of talent on this roster its quite striking. Especially when you look at almost every other team in the league apart from the Hawks, we just have such little top level talent. I also don't know about anyone else, but I can't look at Ntilikina without getting sick thinking Mitchell should be here if not for Phil :sadno:
Anyway I digress, Fiz needs to get his rotation in order now because this is not working. Get some consistency, and we might play consistently because the name of the game is to look like a solid franchise for free agency while still getting a high pick.
keep calm and switch on defense.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

I understand watching the games nowadays can take a toll on anyone, and I agree I'd also like to see some consistency, but I guess Fizz wants to try things out and that makes sense too. However sadly I don't think there's any ideal lineup to get from this bunch. We're always going to be lopsided one way or another. The Frank-THJ-Dotson-Vonleh-Mitch was too weak offensively when the Mudiay-Trier-THJ-Knox-Mitch is just a revolving door. I doubt there's any combination where everything will click on both ends.

That being said, I don't think Enes is the ultimate answer. He's very talented but with out-of-date skills, he has a very big heart but a one-track mind (and the track is not set on defense). He takes a bunch of rebounds but skips picks in order to get more. He has one the best post up games in the league, but he can get funnel vision at times. He would be a very nice backup big, but Idt he'd willing to be paid as such.

Frank's offense sucks balls. No question there. His defense is elite but doesnt' make up for it just yet. I'm still hoping he gets to 10-12 ppg and 3-4 apg, but it's a long shot. However I don't think adding iso gunners next to each other makes up a competitive team either. So Trier and Burke look a bit redundant to me. Add THJ to the mix and we got a bunch of individuals taking turns in offense and being transparent in defense.

THJ has been a good leader so far in the season and he's one of the rare satisfactions of our team.

Cut the BS on Mitchell, nobody would have selected him at 9. Not you, not me, not Phil. However, you can say you miss DSJ all you want
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

Kanter has been a negative offensive player in six of his nine seasons in the NBA
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

He's been fairly creative. I think of this season as extended SL, an audition.

Youth and athleticism we have. We lack the skills and poise to be a winner, need time and repetitions to make that next jump.

He's doing the right thing playing Frank, Dot, Mitch, Kev, Muddy and Zo, as painful as the results have been.

Sounds harsh, premature but i've written off Mario as just awful; don't have any faith that he will blossom in NY. There might be a team that needs a scoring forward on an expiring deal.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

The line-ups have been a bit crazy so far, but I think going back to more of a young veterans line-up against Portland was a great move to keep this group together. So far, he has only penciled THJ in, while already 11 other players have started at least one game, so you can say that really every player has gotten a chance. Hope he sticks with his plan to have the roster figured out around game 25, so we can get some continuity in the rotations.
#knickstape
Knickyankee3
Likes given: 0

This latest crazy line-up had Herzonja starting after being Dnp'd for two games with Knox dropped to the bench. At this point he is literally throwing sh1t at the wall to see if it sticks.

This is a horrible roster with absolutely incredibly little talent, I hope Perry is on the phone to every half decent point guard in the league because we have 4 of them and none of them should ever start.
Ntilikina and Baker are just horrible, Baker needs to become a full time kids author coz basketball ain't his day job, Ntilikina i just want gone watching him try to shoot is like watching a car crash, Mudiay should be a bench player on very small minutes and Trey is a decent scoring 2guard off the bench. Just horrible.
keep calm and switch on defense.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2682

I give Fiz shit sometimes when the team loses, but that's just me trying to find amusement in a depressing situation. But i just want to say that last night was remarkable in some profound ways. The love shown for Fiz by our players, AND by his former players was must-watch-TV. Especially, the hug from Gasol. Fiz is a very gifted person. He's a player whisperer, he gets into the gray matter between the ears and makes players believe in themselves. He turned Mud into Gold. Seriously, I haven't been happier with a coach since Red. I'm watching Mario closely , now. Another head case who'se playing a little better. The bond between Fiz and his guys is so strong, I don't see us ever playing lazy out there. :clap:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
rebound
Likes given: 1141

thewatcher wrote:I give Fiz shit sometimes when the team loses, but that's just me trying to find amusement in a depressing situation. But i just want to say that last night was remarkable in some profound ways. The love shown for Fiz by our players, AND by his former players was must-watch-TV. Especially, the hug from Gasol. Fiz is a very gifted person. He's a player whisperer, he gets into the gray matter between the ears and makes players believe in themselves. He turned Mud into Gold. Seriously, I haven't been happier with a coach since Red. I'm watching Mario closely , now. Another head case who'se playing a little better. The bond between Fiz and his guys is so strong, I don't see us ever playing lazy out there. :clap:
:LOL:
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
NYGM
Likes given: 490

Fiz is doing great..

This is the season to experiment and evaluate..