10/20/18: New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics (L 101-103)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 10/20/18: New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics (7:30 pm)

Postby cragganmor » October 20, 2018, 10:45 pm

I wouldn't hate on lance; he's keeping the pf warm for kp. Think about this roster with him back.
cragganmor

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 20, 2018, 10:49 pm

Knox out 2 to 4 weeks left ankle sprain
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 20, 2018, 11:00 pm

Tommy Beer

@TommyBeer
Season leaders in FG attempts this season:
Kemba Walker: 76
Tim Hardaway Jr.: 68
Joel Embiid: 61

No other player has more than 54 attempts.
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Don Che » October 21, 2018, 6:47 am

Tim will get his shots...I'm good with that as long hes held accountable for his bad shots....he plays hard and this system fits him well
Don Che

Postby taowave » October 21, 2018, 7:35 am

I know you guys love to throw heaps pf praise on Franks versatility and being able to play 1-4,but its really starting to look like a smokescreen for a guy who isnt really good enough to play the position he was drafted for...

While Trier oozes confidence(as does Knox) Frank looks so measured in everything he does on the floor.

Either Fiz doesnt see PG in him,or hes protecting him..

Frank needs to step it up.....
taowave

Postby Don Che » October 21, 2018, 8:11 am

Frank had a bad game due to foul trouble ....otherwise hes been solid so far this season.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » October 21, 2018, 8:51 am

Still very early in the season, but is it coincidence that both game winning shots isolated THJ as the defender? Fiz needs to counter that move.
cragganmor

Postby taowave » October 21, 2018, 8:57 am

He s not solid with the ball in his hands...

Still young,but I would love to see some Trier in him

Don Che wrote:Frank had a bad game due to foul trouble ....otherwise hes been solid so far this season.
taowave

Postby Don Che » October 21, 2018, 9:11 am

I dont...we have enough guys looking for their shots.

Frank is a defender/facilitator and the next thing he needs to evolve is shooting the 3

once he does that...the rest of his game will open up
Don Che

Postby NYGM » October 21, 2018, 9:41 am

taowave wrote:I know you guys love to throw heaps pf praise on Franks versatility and being able to play 1-4,but its really starting to look like a smokescreen for a guy who isnt really good enough to play the position he was drafted for...

While Trier oozes confidence(as does Knox) Frank looks so measured in everything he does on the floor.

Either Fiz doesnt see PG in him,or hes protecting him..

Frank needs to step it up.....

Man he brought us back as a lead guard just one game before last night.. He had a bad shooting night? It happens..

What I saw was him taking those shots without hesitation, his form looks good, even his floater looks improved.. Those will go in eventually..

He's actually made at least a 3pt in each game, so he's evolving..

I even see him less turnover prone this season..

It's aerly for sure .
NYGM

Postby NYGM » October 21, 2018, 9:43 am

Don Che wrote:I dont...we have enough guys looking for their shots.

Frank is a defender/facilitator and the next thing he needs to evolve is shooting the 3

Agree..

You don't want to create a war between guys wanting to take 12+ shots in a season like this one..

He needs to be more efficient, but he looks improved to me..
NYGM

Postby taowave » October 21, 2018, 9:54 am

Trier should be looking for his shot,though i doubt he ends the season with a .580+ TS%...

Yes its early,but Frank has a 41% TS%..35% from the floor,27% from 3..

If he is a facilitator,I hope he avg more than 2.6 AP 36 minutes...

The guy needs to get on it...

Don Che wrote:I dont...we have enough guys looking for their shots.

taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » October 21, 2018, 10:29 am

I like it when Frank and Trier are playing together. When Burke is in he's the pg and Frank off guard but when Trier is in the roles are reversed. Its great cuz Trier just attacks that SG defender relentlessly and I don't mind because I'm not holding him accountable for running any system.

But regardless of where Frank plays he's just gotta keep shooting. I don't like the percentages but you'll do much better taking 7 shots than 5 and 9 would be even better IMO. I still believe a bigger sample size gives you a better chance to make up for early shooting struggles. The other night THJ was 0 for 4 and then got hot and finished with 28pts or so. For Frank he would've gone 0 for 4 and then just shut it down. Don't punish yourself dude. Now you're pretty much taking a loss.

But I'm so certain something must be done that If I were Fizz, the same way he wouldn't give Tim help vs Levert; I would force Frank to score. I'd run iso for him and have teammates waive off his passes. Sink or swim and I'm not saying for a while week or even entire game but the needs to be a quarter where for his own good Fiz says "I know you can defend. I need you to stare into a defenders eyes and go score on him"

I'd be willing to lose a game entirely because we forced Frank into a 5 of 20 night. But MF is GONNA take those 20 shots. If it were the last thing I did, if I had to break him down to -build him back up. The kid is gonna get aggressive.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » October 21, 2018, 10:57 am

:clap: Thats what i am talking about Naz...I want to see Frank get after it,and i dont care if its at the 1,2 or 3..Attack,Attack...You dont have to be Westbrook,but show some signs of Alpha dog out there...

Trier has it in abundance...

nazrmohamed wrote:I like it when Frank and Trier are playing together. When Burke is in he's the pg and Frank off guard but when Trier is in the roles are reversed. Its great cuz Trier just attacks that SG defender relentlessly and I don't mind because I'm not holding him accountable for running any system.

But regardless of where Frank plays he's just gotta keep shooting. I don't like the percentages but you'll do much better taking 7 shots than 5 and 9 would be even better IMO. I still believe a bigger sample size gives you a better chance to make up for early shooting struggles. The other night THJ was 0 for 4 and then got hot and finished with 28pts or so. For Frank he would've gone 0 for 4 and then just shut it down. Don't punish yourself dude. Now you're pretty much taking a loss.

But I'm so certain something must be done that If I were Fizz, the same way he wouldn't give Tim help vs Levert; I would force Frank to score. I'd run iso for him and have teammates waive off his passes. Sink or swim and I'm not saying for a while week or even entire game but the needs to be a quarter where for his own good Fiz says "I know you can defend. I need you to stare into a defenders eyes and go score on him"

I'd be willing to lose a game entirely because we forced Frank into a 5 of 20 night. But MF is GONNA take those 20 shots. If it were the last thing I did, if I had to break him down to -build him back up. The kid is gonna get aggressive.
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » October 21, 2018, 1:33 pm

Former Knicks scout Clarence Gaines' thoughts about "Super Luigi" Hezonja last nite

Clarence Gaines
‏ @ClarenceGaines2

If you're a @nyknicks fan & wondering why @mariohezonja couldn't EARN court time vs @celtics with @KevKnox going down it's because he's a huge liability as an individual defender. He couldn't match the toughness or athleticism of the C's wings. Love how @wholeteamDot competed.

https://twitter.com/ClarenceGaines2/sta ... 8757668865
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby cragganmor » October 21, 2018, 1:37 pm

Agree with CG, Dot gives you more all around than Mario, plays with a higher motor, shoots and makes better decisions.
cragganmor

Postby StevoStarks » October 21, 2018, 3:14 pm

What a great game. Loved seeing the fight in our guys.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » October 21, 2018, 3:22 pm

There is a good reason why guys like Mudiay and Mario can be had for pennies on the dollar..The good news is,if you take enough cheap smart bets,one is bound to hit..as in Noah...
cragganmor wrote:Agree with CG, Dot gives you more all around than Mario, plays with a higher motor, shoots and makes better decisions.
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » October 21, 2018, 5:17 pm

The only other thing I don't like about Frank and its bigger for me than his scoring. Kid if I didn't have a handle or that was my reputation I'd do everything to hide it, not put myself in a situation that requires it.

STOP slowing down my fucking fast breaks man.

Like why the fuck you slowing shit down? As if you plan on isolating or taking anyone off the double. Get us into quick, early offense, push the pace at all times. And it doesn't have to be him the first one down the court. Throw it to an advancing player early and often. If Kevin Love can start fast breaks we could be pushing. And it's not just him, Trey does it too, but at least when Trey does it you know it's because he loves scoring in the half court. I'm just saying from a personal strategy standpoint. If my handle was suspect I'd wanna always be in transition.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » October 21, 2018, 8:14 pm

taowave wrote:There is a good reason why guys like Mudiay and Mario can be had for pennies on the dollar..The good news is,if you take enough cheap smart bets,one is bound to hit..as in Noah...

Mills and Perry did great this summer, drafting Knox, Mitch and FA signing of Zo and Von. Mario still struggling but on a 1yr deal, like you said a cheap, smart bet; no exposure to our cap next summer, should we need it. Feel good that Dot has picked up his level of play from preseason, he just needs playing time.
cragganmor

Previous

Return to New York Knicks