Knicks waive Noah

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Knicks waive Noah

Postby nazrmohamed » October 13, 2018, 1:10 pm

The New York Knicks have officially waived veteran center Joakim Noah, putting to bed one of the most ill-fated free-agent signings in recent NBA history.

The former Defensive Player of the Year is still owed $38 million over the next two seasons. Noah was unwilling to leave any money on the table to facilitate the buyout, forcing the Knicks to eat the entirety of his remaining contract, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Ian Begley.

After a standout tenure with the Chicago Bulls from 2007-16, Noah signed a gargantuan four-year, $72.6-million contract with the Knicks in 2016. The ill-fated pact quickly proved disastrous, however, as Noah has played only 53 total games with New York (including just seven appearances last season), averaging 4.6 points and 7.9 rebounds in just under 20 minutes per game.

Over the years I've been accused of not understanding things and saying the Knicks never win deals, win trades, win signings. Well now we can't even win waivings. I wanted Noah out but of course, he gives up nothing.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Re: Knicks waive Noah

Postby Don Che » October 13, 2018, 1:15 pm

this is done to keep Trier

hope Noah goes to the lakers.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » October 13, 2018, 1:27 pm

Hes going to Minny to help Jimmy take that locker room. When one person is saying it they're a cancer. When two vets say it, it's a culture shift
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » October 13, 2018, 3:22 pm

Noah and jimmy got into it in Chicago...and they have a lot of centers I think..but its def possible
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » October 13, 2018, 4:14 pm

Noah only goes to minny if there's an open roster spot. They have a glut of bigs, so the only real value is to back up Coach Thibs
cragganmor

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 13, 2018, 4:51 pm

didnt give a penny off

Phil and noah go hand in hand
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby gradyandrew » October 14, 2018, 12:17 am

It would be great if he goes and wins a ring with the Warriors.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby maxinquaye11 » October 14, 2018, 5:50 pm

Where is the goodbye joke i am noah thread?
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby Nononsense » October 14, 2018, 11:11 pm

Whatever team Noah lands on, he had better milk one of those injuries for all it's worth and dodge any trips to MSG at all costs this season or else he'll get booed worse than anyone in recent memory at the Garden. :popcorn:
Nononsense

Postby gradyandrew » October 15, 2018, 1:50 am

Nononsense wrote:Whatever team Noah lands on, he had better milk one of those injuries for all it's worth and dodge any trips to MSG at all costs this season or else he'll get booed worse than anyone in recent memory at the Garden. :popcorn:

No Noah appreciation thread here. Hard to think of a more negative player in Knicks history. Jeffries was an overpay but at least hid teammates loved him, remember J Lin's quote that if you didnt like him, you didnt know basketball. Once he developed his 3 point shot and revealed himself as a king fisher, we all kind of learned to accept him. Eddy shat a baby, ate a huge hamburger, and jerked off into towels in the back of his limo. But who can forget that string of 30 pt games or not feel sorry for a guy who was in a hostage situation? Marbs and Melo had their flaws but hit plenty of shots over their careers here.

Jerome, maybe Jerome comes close. But he was an MLE signing, something that is inflation adjusted for sure. I'd have to basketball reference the millions per point and rebis and then do some cap math, but at least he didnt antagonize the entire organization. I'm sure many restaurnteers even had some affection for the guy.

So unless someone can pull up a counter argument, I feel pretty safe saying this:

JOAKIM NOAH- WORST KNICK EVER!
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby NewlyKnicked » October 15, 2018, 2:54 am

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed he didn't leave a penny on the table... Good news he's finally out though. I know it gives a blow to our cap space but the situation needed to evolve
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby maxinquaye11 » October 15, 2018, 2:58 am

Nononsense wrote:Whatever team Noah lands on, he had better milk one of those injuries for all it's worth and dodge any trips to MSG at all costs this season or else he'll get booed worse than anyone in recent memory at the Garden. :popcorn:

gradyandrew wrote:No Noah appreciation thread here. Hard to think of a more negative player in Knicks history. Jeffries was an overpay but at least hid teammates loved him, remember J Lin's quote that if you didnt like him, you didnt know basketball. Once he developed his 3 point shot and revealed himself as a king fisher, we all kind of learned to accept him. Eddy shat a baby, ate a huge hamburger, and jerked off into towels in the back of his limo. But who can forget that string of 30 pt games or not feel sorry for a guy who was in a hostage situation? Marbs and Melo had their flaws but hit plenty of shots over their careers here.

Jerome, maybe Jerome comes close. But he was an MLE signing, something that is inflation adjusted for sure. I'd have to basketball reference the millions per point and rebis and then do some cap math, but at least he didnt antagonize the entire organization. I'm sure many restaurnteers even had some affection for the guy.

So unless someone can pull up a counter argument, I feel pretty safe saying this:

JOAKIM NOAH- WORST KNICK EVER!

NYGM? :popcorn:

maxinquaye11

Postby spree#8 » October 15, 2018, 12:49 pm

An exclamation point on the Knicks' failed corporate structure in the past. Shuffling coaches and front office guys in and out, who then regularly give up on the big signings of their predecessors (or even of themselves) isn't a winning formula. Let's hope that this is now in the past and our current regime values everyone we still have on the team to get the most out of everybody. Real development from within can't work when you just focus on a few guys.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby StevoStarks » October 15, 2018, 1:11 pm

spree#8 wrote:An exclamation point on the Knicks' failed corporate structure in the past. Shuffling coaches and front office guys in and out, who then regularly give up on the big signings of their predecessors (or even of themselves) isn't a winning formula. Let's hope that this is now in the past and our current regime values everyone we still have on the team to get the most out of everybody. Real development from within can't work when you just focus on a few guys.

That's what I'm hoping as well. It's nice to rid ourselves of the Jackson era and be able to move forward finally.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby maxinquaye11 » October 15, 2018, 4:37 pm

Really?! No appreciation Thread?! are you JOKIN? and no words from NY proven GM himself? You got to be kidding.

Noah was suppose to deliver. He just had a string of bad luck. Prohibited drugs and the fact that he got Kyle OAKED!

Seriously, guy will be out on a VENGEANCE and will become a MONSTER.

Guy is a PROVEN NEGOTIATOR ( wowing Phil Jax and not giving up a cent) no doubt and will be picked up by Thibs in no time.

I wish him well. That three point shot of his is looking legit . No joke!
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on October 15, 2018, 5:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

maxinquaye11

Postby nazrmohamed » October 15, 2018, 5:01 pm

^^^^nope. Have a good life.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Return to New York Knicks