Preseason Game 4: Wizards @ MSG 7:30PM ET Monday 10/8

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Preseason Game 4: Wizards @ MSG 7:30PM ET Monday 10/8

Postby gradyandrew » October 9, 2018, 12:22 am

nazrmohamed wrote:
I'd still go with Kornet. You gotta look at it like this. Kanter is our best C, he's gonna start. Then Vonley probably has emerged as the next best option but seeing as he can play both big spots there's still a need for another true C.

Ok so whose gonna win that 3rd C position who probably won't really see too many minutes. Hicks or Kornet? Well my thing is it's not a bad idea to have a true C who can hit 3s and maybe help you simulate KP in practice.

Mitch nazr! You forgot all about mitch!

I'm guessing he's second and Vonleh is third.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby gradyandrew » October 9, 2018, 12:27 am

Beat me to it spree :LOL:

Championship 16/17 wrote:I think Lance Thomas starting is a waste of time, we won't resign him. Now I can't wait until KP comes back, Lance just a place holder until his return. I would rather see Mario Henzonja at PF.

Lance is a jack of all trades, seeing how the season goes, it might make more sense to keep him. Lance's contract is a partially guarenteed team option. If we're committed to Kanter going forward, shopping Lance and Baker at the deadline might make sense for teams looking to trade picks and a useful player to get space.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby nazrmohamed » October 9, 2018, 7:05 am

Mitch nazr! You forgot all about mitch! 

I'm guessing he's second and Vonleh is third

Totally did. Idk why either. Doesn't really change the narrative though, just probably puts Vonley firmly at PF. In fact I wanna see Vonley and Mitchell play some minutes together in a traditional frontcourt. Vonley is pretty agile, can spread the floor and even put the ball on the floor and bring as Mitchell is pretty agile himself, I don't think it'd be a disadvantage. Maybe you offset it with Max's small perimeter a bit.

A "BIT" max.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » October 9, 2018, 7:56 am

Start the youngins...might as well...Frank at PG,Noah at the 4,give Mitch PT,play Trier

Not looking foward to this years Jarret Jack starting,aka Lance..

Subsitute whoever you like,without KP we are simply shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic

Tank is on..Im onboard
taowave

Postby Minkaveli » October 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Never want to see Vonleh shoot another three as long as he's on this team.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby Championship 16/17 » October 9, 2018, 8:47 am

taowave wrote:
Not looking foward to this years Jarret Jack starting,aka Lance..

Exactly! This is the opposite of development, you have two underachieving former lottery picks in Hezonja and Vonleh and Lance Thomas is our starting power forward. This only makes sense if we are shopping Lance in a trade package, but his only 1 mil guaranteed next year is more valuable.

You know what you have with Lance, you don't know what you have with Hezonja and Vonleh. Wouldn't it be the perfect time to develop them and not focus your time and energy on a player who most likely will not be here bc he is 31 years old, doesn't quite fit the the the age group.
Championship 16/17

Postby NYGM » October 9, 2018, 9:08 am

What about Frank as starter?

Looked improved from last year? Couldn't watch the game and besides the box score what's your evaluation of his lone start this preseason?
NYGM

Postby nazrmohamed » October 9, 2018, 9:13 am

Essentially Frank took everyones advice on offense while abandoning his defense. I'm ok with that for one night. He needs to get comfortable scoring.

In fact I might be comfortable with it for the rest of preseason. There are far lesser defenders who hold way more of the public's confidence than you son. Make the right decision
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby gradyandrew » October 9, 2018, 9:54 am

https://m.zhibo8.cc/nba/2018/1009-knicks-luxiang.htm

The links with QQ are for each quarter

NYGM wrote:What about Frank as starter?

Looked improved from last year? Couldn't watch the game and besides the box score what's your evaluation of his lone start this preseason?
gradyandrew

Postby NYGM » October 9, 2018, 9:55 am

Good to know he's keeping his aggressive play..

Hopefully he can get more things together this season, he may outgrow the PG position but needs to keep improving his game step by step..

His shooting % looks much better IMO..
NYGM

Postby Don Che » October 9, 2018, 10:04 am

I like Franks aggression

I'm not a fan of this switch on defense BS becuase the moment someone quick takes his first man...it ruins the whole cycle

its better to just play man to man and stick with your guns and help when needed.
Don Che

Postby rebound » October 9, 2018, 10:35 am

Lance is filling in for KP.

I still think this is a playoff team. Not discouraged by this loss. Enes is huge for this team and Mitch is an impact player.

frank/burke/mud
tim/lee
knox/trier
lance/mario
enes/mitch/vonleh

dnp-baker,joakim,kp

waive-dotson and kornet if the knicks havent ridden themselves of noah by the time trier's contract needs to be signed.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby NYGM » October 9, 2018, 10:42 am

Don Che wrote:I like Franks aggression

I'm not a fan of this switch on defense BS becuase the moment someone quick takes his first man...it ruins the whole cycle

its better to just play man to man and stick with your guns and help when needed.

That's why you need at least 3 plus defenders at all times..

You can't cover for 3 or 4 players, as much as you fancy offense you can't match most teams in that style of play.. So you better be able to play defense..
NYGM

Postby NYGM » October 9, 2018, 10:48 am

rebound wrote:Lance is filling in for KP.

I still think this is a playoff team. Not discouraged by this loss. Enes is huge for this team and Mitch is an impact player.

frank/burke/mud
tim/lee
knox/trier
lance/mario
enes/mitch/vonleh

dnp-baker,joakim,kp

waive-dotson and kornet if the knicks havent ridden themselves of noah by the time trier's contract needs to be signed.

Rebound, not feeling that playoff vibe right now.. Too much has to go right to get there.. Doesn't look like it..
NYGM

Postby Don Che » October 9, 2018, 11:08 am

the more "if's" you have..the worse you are.

we have a ton
Don Che

Postby taowave » October 9, 2018, 12:23 pm

Playoff team????In what league??

rebound wrote:Lance is filling in for KP.

frank/burke/mud
tim/lee
knox/trier
lance/mario
enes/mitch/vonleh

dnp-baker,joakim,kp

taowave

Postby gradyandrew » October 9, 2018, 12:26 pm

The Wizards transition defense was way better than any the Knicks previously faced, preventing the Knicks getting the easy buckets that fueled their previous wins. In the halfcourt, Knicks mostly went one on one. Through the first 3 quarters the knicks had 11 assists. Mudiay and Trier had some nice assists to Hicks in the 4th, but they were playing against Washingtons bench and tge outcome was already decided.

Kanter didnt play, forcing the knicks to rebound by commitee against Mahimi, slowing down the break. His absence also weakened the Knicks offensive rebounding, allowing the Wiz to get out on the break.

Frank was much more aggressive with his shot, and looks a much more polished player on offense. However, whenever Wall met him at halfcourt, he would quickly pass the ball. His handle was exposed by Wall's pesky defense. He also pulled a few Calderons on the break, ie rather than push it to the basket, he would pull out past the 3 point line, giving the Wiz a chance to set their defense.

Tim had a good night shooting and Trier sparkled on offense. Vonelah was ok, but he doesnt stand much of a chance vs 7 foot tall defenders. Knox had a terrible game on both ends. Hopefully it was a fluke. Kornet showed some life on defense but is generally to slow to have much of an impact. Burke was okay, but was never able to establish a rhythm off the bench.

Beal was electric all night, not much to do when a guy is on fire.

Poor effort, worse shot selection, and stupid fouls sunk the knicks, almost from the tip, kept the Knicks from ever beconining a threat.
gradyandrew

Previous

Return to New York Knicks