Preseason Game 3: Pelicans @ MSG Friday 10/5 - 7:30 PM ET

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

No point just addtl info on them. They both needed the ball and had to adjust.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
taowave
Likes given: 844

Monroe aka the Pearl,came over from "Baltimore",and immediately went into his Magic act in his first game on the Knicks.Red Holtzman immediately shut it down. Much to Earl's credit,he adjusted his game and the rest is history..

maxinquaye11 wrote:Bill Bradley on Monroe and Frazier playing together:
“People said that you have to have two basketballs, you are going to have Frazier and Monroe in the backcourt, which just wasn’t true.  These guys were unselfish and they knew that if they played together they could win, that was the important thing.”

It says that monroe was the one who adjusted his game
Don Che
Likes given: 9

the reason why they worked is because of talent, knowing how to play and compromise

in today's NBA I think Lebron and Wade did similar things for their big 3.

Frazier and Jesus being PG's was a part of the possible conflict but not a part of the solution
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

A bit of a sluggish start, but once prime time started, about 4 minutes into the first until the end of the third, the knicks played great. Court mics could pic up the Knicks saying the same thing after every rebound, "Go, Go, Go!" Even after made buckets the knicks looked for the pass near midcourt rather than walking it up.

After 3 games I'm a believer in Fiz. The key for him this season will be protecting his players from criticism when they hit a rough patch, but already you can see his vision. While I was holding out hope that KOQ and Joakim could contribute to the team this season, they are just not the type of players that would fit this system.

Lance looks great, and I think Lee will be a solid fit once he's back. Kanter is going to have a huge year, I'd be surprised if he doesnt end up resigning. Neither Trey or Mudiay looked too good, so the knicks still have some roster work but in general they seem much less reliant on the PG than most systems because everyone is expected to push the ball up the court and attsck for 48 minutes. Future looks bright.
Randle in the Rafters