Preseason Game 2: Knicks @ Brooklyn 10/3 - 7:30 PM ET

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rebound
Likes given: 1156

trey burke - russell
tim hardaway - levert
kevin knox - carroll
lance thomas - faried
enes kanter - jarret allen

emmanuel mudiay - dinwiddie
alonzo trier - harris
frank - crabbe
mario - dudley
mitchell robinson - ed davis

Knicks IR - KP
Questionable - Courtney Lee

Nets IR - Jefferson

other knicks:
noah vonleh, daymean dotson, ron baker, luke kornet, kadeem allen, isiah hicks, john jenkins
Last edited by rebound on October 3rd, 2018, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

This is a future tankathon game

battle for Barret begins tomorrow.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Don Che wrote:
battle for Reddish begins tomorrow.
Corrected.
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

RJ Barretts been a better prospect so far but I'm enamored by Reddish measurements and shouting ability. We gotta see how this year plays out but it seems Barrett and Zion have the benefit of already built chemistry on that Canada tour. Reddish now has to fit in
Don Che
Likes given: 9

reddish hasnt played

overall my guy is zion

but for us...barret and reddish are more intriguing

I have other players I like but I'm talking top 3 pick till this team shows me otherwise
gradyandrew

Knicks will lose to Boston and Toronto all season, and 2/3 of the west, but in the first preseason game they didnt look like a tank team. Burke, THJ, Knox, and Enes are all the real deal. Lee and Thomas are solid and Mitch's athleticism is off the charts. Im not sure if we make the playoffs but we looked too good to be a bottom 3 team.
Randle in the Rafters
rebound

gradyandrew wrote:Knicks will lose to Boston and Toronto all season, and 2/3 of the west, but in the first preseason game they didnt look like a tank team. Burke, THJ, Knox, and Enes are all the real deal. Lee and Thomas are solid and Mitch's athleticism is off the charts. Im not sure if we make the playoffs but we looked too good to be a bottom 3 team.
I think we make the playoffs and I agree with your sentiments. add philly generally beating us as well i'd imagine.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

Ok, now you guys can hear me gush about Carys Levert like he's Fred Jones. Still would love to get him somehow.
Starbury3

PLAYOFFS?!

Hoping that's all sarcasm. There is A LOT to be excited about but we are bad...

Regardless it'll be fun to see the Kanter vs Dinwiddie/Retirement bod Dudley in action
rebound

Starbury3 wrote:PLAYOFFS?!

Hoping that's all sarcasm. There is A LOT to be excited about but we are bad...

Regardless it'll be fun to see the Kanter vs Dinwiddie/Retirement bod Dudley in action
bad is relative and i dont know if the knicks are worse than 8 other teams in the East.
spree#8
Likes given: 548

Something to observe in the next few games: Hezonja throws too many bad passes around and he knows it.
The Croatian combo forward wears his emotions on his sleeve. Though his Knicks preseason debut was decent enough, coming off the bench for Lance Thomas at power forward, the 2018 free-agent signee said he was “pissed off” about his five turnovers. It was something of an issue at his first stop in Orlando, too.

“Everything is on me,” Hezonja said after the Knicks’ 124-121 overtime victory over the Wizards. “I need to make a clearer path to see where my teammates are. Everything else was good. My shot was falling. I was aggressive without the ball and with it in my hands. This turnovers, that’s really pissing me off. I sit down with the coach and go through it. It’s really bothering me.”
#knickstape
thewatcher
Likes given: 2712

Mario is really growing on me; he takes responsibility, no excuses. Not only that, he really fits in well, because we have a lot of scorers, but not a lot of passers. Mario is, by his own admission, new to the passing game, but he really loves it. Lance and Mario are the glue guys at PF :thumbsup:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave
Likes given: 848

Thats really nice to see from Mario,but until he makes changes,I am not fully buying it....

I watched him when he was on Orlando,and he does some really dumb shit...

Hopefully,Fiz can help him

P.S. If Mario is our glue guy,we are a lock for top 3 pick
thewatcher
Likes given: 2712

haha, does that mean "we failed?" :LOL:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave
Likes given: 848

LOL!!!

In this case,it actually means "we succeeded"..

Im all in on a top 3 pick..

If it means starting Mario and Mudiay,so be it

thewatcher wrote:haha, does that mean "we failed?" :LOL:
NYGM
Likes given: 510

nazrmohamed wrote:Ok, now you guys can hear me gush about Carys Levert like he's Fred Jones. Still would love to get him somehow.
Blasphemy!!!..

:hammer:
NYGM

gradyandrew wrote:Knicks will lose to Boston and Toronto all season, and 2/3 of the west, but in the first preseason game they didnt look like a tank team. Burke, THJ, Knox, and Enes are all the real deal. Lee and Thomas are solid and Mitch's athleticism is off the charts. Im not sure if we make the playoffs but we looked too good to be a bottom 3 team.
I like them all, but only Knox has a potential as a defender.. The kid seems to be able to rebound too..

THJ and Enes have been around and no one has called them puls defendes or even average yet..

The way we looked defensively with Mitch in the 3rd qtr alone make me optimist.. That kid alongside of KP and Knox could be a real problem defensively for a lot of teams...
NYGM

thewatcher wrote:Mario is really growing on me; he takes responsibility, no excuses. Not only that, he really fits in well, because we have a lot of scorers, but not a lot of passers. Mario is, by his own admission, new to the passing game, but he really loves it. Lance and Mario are the glue guys at PF :thumbsup:
That attitude is reflreshing.. Owning your mistakes is the first step..

Now we need to see him correct them in the court..

He looks smoth out there, there is no need to do more than you can at this point..
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

I think both teams will play hard tonight but the regular season series will be an epic tank battle; too much talent at the top of the draft this year.

Fun thing is that Fiz has tons of combos to play, be cool to see a true small ball lineup out there.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Cut Mudiay
Fxck Adam Silver